PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge Level

Duchess99
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
I can't seem to find pricing info on the AKL Concierge level rooms. Does anyone know the price difference?
I'm mainly interested in the concierge for the Sunset and Sunrise Safaris. Can anyone give feed back on these 2 attractions and the concierge experience in general? Is it worth the extra money?

ThanxForNoticin
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry I cannot help you with the price differential question, but I can tell you that we have done the Sunrise Safari twice. It is one of the best experiences we've had at Disney. Between the early morning special safari at the AK and the breakfast after, we feel it's worth the extra money.

In general, we have been extremely pleased with the AKL concierge service the few times we've done it. However, I will also say that some folks have indicated in posts here that since the Vacation Club took over some of the rooms for their own concierge offerings, the 'normal' concierge service might not be as good as it once was at AKL. I've heard rooms are far away from the lounge and don't offer as much as they used to. I don't know if that helps or not. Have a great trip!

TammiMcMan
12-29-2008, 01:30 PM
You didn't mention dates or anything, but to give you an idea of the difference, you can take a look at the following rates for 2009:

Value Season - Std View $240/night
Value Season - Pool View $245/night
Value Season - Savannah View $305/night
Value Season - Kilimanjaro Club $345/night

As the previous poster mentioned, since DVC has opened, there have been a few changes. I don't think the service has necessarily gone downhill there, but instead, cutbacks have taken place at most Disney resort club levels. The biggest change is that the standard club level rooms are not on the same floor as the lounge anymore. You'll be down on the 4th floor and will have to take the elevator up to the lounge if you need assistance or want to grab something to eat. Good news is that all the club level rooms on the 4th floor offer a savannah view.

You do not have to be a club level guest to book the sunset safari. That's open to all AKL guests, but you don't get the club level discount. This safari stays right onsite and includes a very nice dinner at Jiko. If you have younger kids, they would probably prefer the sunrise safari. That one is exclusive to AKL club level guests only, but well worth it. One thing to keep in mind, is that you only have to be booked into a club level room on the day of the sunrise safari. You could look at maybe doing a split stay at the AKL, with either 2 nights in club level at the beginning or end of your stay and the other days in a standard room. Just be sure to book it around the days the sunrise safari is offered.

Duchess99
01-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Posting dates would've been helpful...duh!
The dates will probably be 9/21 through 9/28.

So those are the rates for the club level? They aren't much more than the regular rates. That's a great money saving tip to only stay in the club room for the night of the sunrise safari...but to clarify, is it the night before the safari or the night of the safari that you need to stay in a club room?

Thanks for all the info!!

TammiMcMan
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
That's a great money saving tip to only stay in the club room for the night of the sunrise safari...but to clarify, is it the night before the safari or the night of the safari that you need to stay in a club room?Realistically, you could accomplish it by booking one night, the day before your safari, but that can be tight because you'd need to come back to the resort right after the safari to check out of your club level room. Plus, in your case, that would mean checking in and out 3 times instead of just 2.

The current days for the sunrise safari are Sunday and Thursday. What would probably work best for you, is to book a standard room from 9/21-9/26 (Monday-Saturday), then book club level from 9/26-9/28 (Saturday - Monday), with the sunrise safari on Sunday.

The rates shown are for the value season, which your dates would fall into for 2009. The sunrise safari currently is priced at $58 per adult and $29 for kids aged 3 to 9, plus you are required to have AK park admission for that day, so be sure to add that in as you budget your trip.