PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap?? How does it work??

jaredkari
12-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Alright, my wife and I and her sister and her husband and two girls (4 and 7) are going to WDW later this week. My wife and I have been several times but this will be her sister's families' first time.

Now how does the baby swap work?? I am pretty sure the 7 year old will be doing most attractions but I am also pretty sure the 4 year old will not. What would be our best strategy with a group of 4 adults and 2 kids with one kid not being big enough to ride some of the attractions?? Thanks :mickey:

Funforall
12-28-2008, 11:21 PM
It's actually very simple. Everyone goes through the line, regular or fastpass, and at the end just let them know that you are doing a baby swap. They'll let one wait with your child and then swap on the next go round.

Have a great trip.

jeromyanddana
12-29-2008, 01:01 AM
In Sept/Oct when we were there we told the line attendant at the entrance of the ride and they gave us a fast pass return ticket. I waited at the exit for my husband to go through first and when he was through I went through the fast pass line.:thumbsup: It worked wonderfully. Just ask the attendant at the entrance of every ride and they will direct you appropriately.

JMTStone
12-29-2008, 08:03 AM
It actually works differently at different rides. For example, we had fast passes for Everest. We didn't take the (then) 6 year old in line. We waited outside. It was the same at RnR. Its actually better to keep them out of lines and exploring the park.

Your best bet is to go to the CM at each ride and ask "how do we baby swap here"?

Guapo
12-29-2008, 08:37 AM
One added benefit for the 7-year old is that very often the baby swap ticket will allow more than one person to be admitted onto the ride after the swap. It usually states the number of people allowed right on the ticket. That way, the parent who waited doesn't have to ride as a single rider if he doesn't want to.

So, not only does the waiting parent get to go, but the 7-year old could ride twice! :thumbsup:

Enjoy.

WDWdriver
12-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Your best bet is to go to the CM at each ride and ask "how do we baby swap here"?

Correct. Always ask a CM at the attraction entrance. The procedure is not the same for every attraction.

Also, it is important to have your entire party with you when you ask for a rider switch (baby swap) pass. The CM will want to see the child who is not riding because the rider switch pass is essentially a FastPass good for three people. You might be surprised at how often guests come up and ask for one when they have no non-riders in their party. They are just trying to scam us for the FP.

MicMouse
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Its one of the best things about Disney. Most rides offer this, so just ask. We did this quite a lot on our last trip, as our twins were 3 and too short for most rides with height req's.

Stitchahula
01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
We did this when we went with my 4 y/o DS and my 7 week old DS. Needless to say the baby didn't go on splash or any of the thrill rides. We went up to the CM and they give a fast pass so you can get on the ride when your other party comes off. There was a couple of rides that let our whole party go again. It was more than 3 people. With some of the rides they have you wait back in the front of the ride other times they had us wait where you load and unload for the ride. Have fun.

Natazu
01-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Correct. Always ask a CM at the attraction entrance. The procedure is not the same for every attraction.

Also, it is important to have your entire party with you when you ask for a rider switch (baby swap) pass. The CM will want to see the child who is not riding because the rider switch pass is essentially a FastPass good for three people. You might be surprised at how often guests come up and ask for one when they have no non-riders in their party. They are just trying to scam us for the FP.
Agreed. Good info!

RocknBev
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for asking the question and for everyone's responses. We will be taking our 6 month old grandprincess this trip and will definitely be taking advantage of the baby swap option!