PDA

View Full Version : Adding two additional people at check in

Kerr0173
12-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi, maybe someone cane help me out with a check in question! We are arriving at the beach Club Villas on Friday (YEAH!!) with our children and my parents. We are staying on my aunt's DVC points with the ressie for 6 (Me , DH, 3DDS, DS). But, I guess I will need to add my parents to the room so they will have a key to the world card. Is that correct? Is this an easy thing to do? I know there will be no extra charge and the room is big enough for all!

Thanks for your help.
5 Days til the Magic!
Kerrie:mickey:

teambricker04
12-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Correct. I am not sure how it works with the DVC, but I would call ahead even if it is just a day to verify that it is okay and the cost.

Also, if you are doing charges on your key, you can only do one charge card to the keys. We have stayed in the cabins at FW and couldn't split between my parents and DH/me.

DizneyRox
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Actually, I think your aunt will need to call, YOU are not the member an cannot make changes to the reservation. I'm not so sure you can just add people when you show up. Disney usually gets the names when you book, so unless they are already listed, my guess is you have a reservation for 4 people, not 6.

I would certainly check on it before you arrive. If you have the dining plan, or something like that, you could run into all sorts of problems.

DizneyRox
12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Also, if you are doing charges on your key, you can only do one charge card to the keys. We have stayed in the cabins at FW and couldn't split between my parents and DH/me.
This is incorrect... While you may have been told it's not possible, it was either a lazy CM, or one that was not trained well. You can ABSOLUTELY have multiple charge cards tied to different room keys all on the same reservation. If you don't get a CM that knows how to do it, press for a manager if that's what you want.

Kerr0173
12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks Dizneyrox for the advice. I actually asked my aunt about this a few weeks ago, and she is the one who told me to add them at check-in. We have a ressie for 6, but need it to be for 8. (We have 4 children) I just wondered if anyone else had successfully added people to their party at check-in. I guess, worst case scenario, we may have to call her from the lobby! LOL I hope not!

Thanks, Kerrie

TinkerbellT421
12-29-2008, 09:57 AM
I really would have her call ahead of time. Because I would rather be sure before getting there. Also, due to their being 8 people. Their is state laws that Disney has to follow. If it is a certain square footage of a room you cannot under any circumstances just add people to that room. I cannot off the top of my head remember the amount of people you can have in one room. But would definitely call and make sure. Because you never know when a problem could arrise. And IF you have to upgrade to a bigger room because of adding two more people it might cause a problem if there is no rooms available. I would definitely call ahead of time and not wait to get there. You cant even add the Dining Plan on arrival they will not allow it. You have to call 48 hours in advance to add the dining plan. Then I would think you should call to add two people to your room. I would just hate to see you get down there and have a problem occur. But thats me and IMHO. And DisneyRox is correct. If you are not the name of the DVC holder you cannot under any circumstances make those decisions. It does have to come from the DVC holder themselves. So you will not be able to do it when you get there.

Kerr0173
12-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the advice! We do have a 2 bedroom booked. It sleeps 8, plus a baby on a portable crib. We actually have 7 plus a baby. I will get on the phone today!

Kerrie

DizneyRox
12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I will get on the phone today!
Kerrie
Better safe than sorry. DVC is a different animal. I'm surprised they haven't instituted retinal scanning to prove who I am.

All changes to a DVC reservation need to go through member services and be done by someone who has that authority on the account. First question will be the member number and who you are, next up the full address and phone number, then finally the last 4 of your SSN before they even say Welcome Home!

wendy*darling
12-29-2008, 03:56 PM
All true DisneyRox!

Kerrie- your aunt absolutely needs to make the call.
If she does not, I am afraid your parents will have to find (and pay for) another resort room somewhere.

And again- if you are doing the DDP- you CANNOT add it at check-in. If it is not on your reservation for all people in your party- you are out of luck. (In addition, DVC requires that you pay in full for the DDP at check-in)

Make sure you have everything all set up for everyone who you expect to be in your villa.

DVC is totally different than a regular "hotel room."

Good luck!