PDA

View Full Version : any good pizza

readytogo2
12-28-2008, 02:48 PM
correct me if im wrong but there is only one good place to to get a good pizza-wolfgang puck at DTD. we have tried pizza at the Allstars and at pop found them barely edible.

laward32
12-28-2008, 03:05 PM
We thought the pizza at Pizza Planet was good. Just our opinion.:mickey:

Johnno52
12-28-2008, 03:47 PM
You don't need to be corrected. you are right on with Wolfgang Puck's. Disney, even though they have a wood burning oven at Spoodles IMO ranks very low in Pizza making. :ack:

Natazu
12-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Yup

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Overall Disney Pizza is fair to middling.

KylesMom
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
We've found that the flatbread pizzas at Mama Melrose are great. No, they aren't a Lou Malnatti-type of pizza, but they are tasty in their own right.

KatMark
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Living in Chicago and having great pizza here (as they do in New York and Boston), the pizza at Disney is on par with Domino's in our opinion--YUK!

KevMcNJ
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
There is no good pizza anywhere South of Philadelphia:thumbsup:

JPL
12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
WDW + Pizza = :ack:

poohbearlover15
12-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom is the best pizza i have ever had there!

Jared
12-29-2008, 12:17 AM
WDW + Pizza = :ack:
Perfectly said, my friend.

Darbylew
12-29-2008, 12:20 AM
I have to agree that Pizzafari at the AK has the best Pizza in the parks. Toy Story Pizza
planet isn't so bad either. :pizza:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH 2009 :mickey::D

lockedoutlogic
12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
No One should plan on eating pizza anywhere in WDW....

it is truly terrible

sure...you can get something decent at Pucks....but do you need to eat pizza there?

DDuck66
12-29-2008, 10:33 AM
If we want Pizza while at WDW, we go right outside of DTD to a place called Giordano's. Not sure if that is spelled right, but if you go outside of DTD and take a left on Apopka Vineland it is down the road about a mile in a shopping center on the left.

brian2000boston
12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
When we stayed this past September at the CBR we had a paper placed under our door for a delivery pizza service outside of Disney. I can not remember the name of this place... anyone else get this and do you remember the name and if it was any good? The prices seemed extrememly fair with free delivery and wondering for our next trip-- sorry for hijacking the thread!

PlutoPlanet
12-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Skip the pizza at Spoodles.

readytogo2
12-29-2008, 01:20 PM
i guess the question i should have asked is why is it so hard for disney to put out a decent tasting pizza? i live in central Illinois and you can find good pizza at just about any gas station. why cant or why doesnt disney?

Goes4FastPass
12-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Pizza is a fine thing to have when you get home from WDW 'cause you know you didn't get any good pizza at WDW.

disneyjoe
12-29-2008, 10:18 PM
When we stayed this past September at the CBR we had a paper placed under our door for a delivery pizza service outside of Disney. I can not remember the name of this place... anyone else get this and do you remember the name and if it was any good? The prices seemed extrememly fair with free delivery and wondering for our next trip-- sorry for hijacking the thread!

I know when we were at CBR last year we were recommended Dominos which we ordered a couple times throughout the trip. It's a cheap way to feed a family of four compared to any of the fast food selects at CBR and they deliver to the door to boot! I probably have the number around if you need it!

Crow
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM
well taking the nephews for their first trip, so will be eating some pizzas.
we will be eating some at POP Im sure and maybe Pizza Planet, Pizzafari or a delivery place

Gator
12-30-2008, 12:54 AM
correct me if im wrong but there is only one good place to to get a good pizza-wolfgang puck at DTD. we have tried pizza at the Allstars and at pop found them barely edible.

That's odd, because my family had some at ASM and thought they were great. Of course, we were expecting nasty ones like we got at Pizza Planet back in 2002. The bread was tasty and the pepperoni was average. I actually liked it.

ravsluvdisney
12-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I have friends who own a pizza place(here in the NY area where pizza is king!!) :secret:
and they say when you head south or west the water used makes all the difference. They headed out to Arizona some years back to show 'em how "real" pizza is made and tastes - they came back within a year because they couldn't get their own pizza right because of the H2O. Go figure.

Pizzafari - about as good as it gets. actually had room service pizza at Beach Club last trip and it was OK.

KevMcNJ
12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
I have friends who own a pizza place(here in the NY area where pizza is king!!) :secret:
and they say when you head south or west the water used makes all the difference. .

I have heard the same thing. different acidity or something

I grew up not too far from you. Just down I-195 in East windsor.

brian2000boston
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
has to be the dirty water in the northeast :blush:

big blue and hairy
01-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Sure...you can get something decent at Pucks....but do you need to eat pizza there? :huh:
Because he's generally recognized as the inventor, or at least mainstreamer
of gourmet pizza. ;)

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
01-01-2009, 12:47 PM
has to be the dirty water in the northeast :blush:
Standells fan? :cool:

IamBelle
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
There is very good breakfast pizza at Pizzafari in AK, and since pizza is in their name, I am assumming their regular pizza would be good!

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 05:16 PM
:huh:
Because he's generally recognized as the inventor, or at least mainstreamer
of gourmet pizza. ;)

not disputing that.....i'm simply saying that the other things offered at pucks are far better choices than pizzas.....not that the pizzas are bad.

I have always thought....respectfully....that those that go to disneyworld and look for burgers and pizza are not quite getting it.....

and their hotdogs are terrible too....stay away from those

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 05:19 PM
There is very good breakfast pizza at Pizzafari in AK, and since pizza is in their name, I am assumming their regular pizza would be good!

nope....it's not.....

flame tree barbeque is decent....the other quickies in AK are just as horrendous as alot of the others across the property....

Everyone remember that the fast food locations are 1: supplied by Aramark (as institutional as it gets) 2: are built with both volume and profit margin in mind.

some other amusement parks....like my home one of kennywood....can have some good items to be found.....but they lack the sitdown options that WDW has....

With that many sitdowns....why concentrate too much on quickserve food quality? it is probably not necessary....as demonstrated by the fact that it's been there 40 years and the quickserve hasn't really improved much in the vast majority of locations

PirateLover
01-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Pizza is my favorite food and I eat all different kinds. It really has to be a bad pizza for me not to like it. I'm fine with Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut etc although given the choice I prefer a big thin crust from a local joint.
I can stomach the pizza planet style pizza. What I can't stomach is the resort pizza. We ordered pizza at POP and CBR and it was the same awful overpriced pizza both times. I couldn't eat more than one piece.

big blue and hairy
01-03-2009, 11:13 AM
not disputing that.....i'm simply saying that the other things offered at pucks are far better choices than pizzas.....not that the pizzas are bad. True, but if you're not going to get to LA to try his pizza at the original, it is a signature dish.

I have always thought....respectfully....that those that go to disneyworld and look for burgers and pizza are not quite getting it..... Why? I agree there is terrific food to be had at WDW, but what's the big deal if that's not a priority of someone? Hey, it's hard enough getting ADR's at a lot of WDW's great sitdowns....:zipped: shhhhh....;)

and their hotdogs are terrible too....stay away from thoseBut you have to have a Casey's dog on Main St. at least once. :D

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Living in Chicago and having great pizza here (as they do in New York and Boston), the pizza at Disney is on par with Domino's in our opinion--YUK!

Domino's is bad, but I wouldn't insult it by comparing it to the pizza @ WDW.

Pizzafari is fair, but everyplace else...:ack:

ElenitaB
01-03-2009, 12:37 PM
From what I understand, the same pizzas are now being served at Pizzafari, Pinocchio's and Pizza Planet. But since we'll only eat pizza at Pizzafari and Puck's at WDW, I wouldn't know. :blush: I consider the flatbreads served at the restaurants to be a whole 'nother category. BTW, we had the opportunity to taste one served at Chef de France and it was really, really good (but how can you go wrong with creme fraiche, bacon and onions), as were the flatbreads served at Roaring Fork in WL.

[...] even though they have a wood burning oven at Spoodles IMO ranks very low in Pizza making. :ack:
A word to the wise: do not ever make the mistake of spending money and ordering pizza at Spoodle's take-out window. It's the only time I have ever thrown pizza out. It was horrible.

readytogo2
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
i am not going to wdw for the pizza, it was a simple question asking where to find a decent pizza if my family wanted one and why the resort pizza are so awful

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 12:51 PM
i am not going to wdw for the pizza, it was a simple question asking where to find a decent pizza if my family wanted one and why the resort pizza are so awful :D I would suggest Wolfgang Pucks. It really is a mystery to me, while it may be an art to make an exceptional pizza, making a decent to good shouldn't be that hard...

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 03:46 PM
...why the resort pizza are so awful
Well, since you ask... think doughy, bland crust (like the time I made pizza dough and forgot the salt), lots of ketchupy tasting sauce and oily cheese that slides off the slice as you eat it. All in all, just not good eats!

Several above have made suggestions as to where to get decent pizza at WDW though, including Puck's Express, Pizzafari and flatbreads, among other locations.

Sorry if the replies seem excessively passionate: WDW pizza is a hot button over here. :blush:

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
:blush:Sometimes it doesn't take much to set us off..:blush: