PDA

View Full Version : private restrooms

DlandMommy
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Because we go to disneyland a couple times a week we always go to private or ''family'' restrooms:secret:I was wondering if there were any of these at the WORLD:mickey:Being on vacation you sometimes get tummy problems:ill:And I hate going to restrooms were everyone can hear me:blush:Having a list of private restrooms before we leave would be wonderful:D Thanks:thumbsup:

Zawadi
12-28-2008, 08:01 AM
After a quick search on Google. I believe that family, or companion, restrooms can be found at the following locations within WDW:

Animal Kingdom

Discovery Island opposite Flame Tree Barbecue, just before DinoLand USA entrance on the right
Harambe Village in the Mombasa Marketplace
Chester and Hester's Dinosaur Treasures in Dinoland USA
Near Maharajah Jungle Trek on the left before the entrance
Inside Maharajah Jungle Trek to the right as you exit the Bat House
Conservation Station at Rafiki's Planet Watch

DHS

Opposite Star Tours
Right side of Millionaire building on Mickey Avenue
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster
Opposite The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Fantasmic! amphitheater
Right side of Lights, Motors, Action!

Epcot

Spaceship Earth On Left as you face SE
Spaceship Earth on Right as you face SE near Gateway Gifts
Future World West opposite The Land - Photo 1 -- Photo 2
Future World East opposite Test Track
Refreshment Port (right side of World Showcase - before Canada)
Morocco on the right
Germany on the right
Norway opposite the Viking ship

Magic Kingdom

Lower level of Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle
Pirates of the Caribbean
Near Splash Mountain
To the right of Space Mountain
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Transportation and Ticket Center East Gate

luvdiznee
12-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Wow!

Altair
12-28-2008, 10:28 AM
:cloud9: :fan: :sick:

joanna71985
12-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Just try to be respectful, and not take too long in the companion restrooms. For some people, these are the only toilets in the whole park that they can use.

Marilyn Michetti
12-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Companion restrooms are really meant for people that need assistance, and only have someone of the opposite sex that can do it. They're hadicapped accessible, but aren't supposed to be for folks that just want privacy.

Daisy'sMom
12-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Companion restrooms are really meant for people that need assistance, and only have someone of the opposite sex that can do it. They're hadicapped accessible, but aren't supposed to be for folks that just want privacy.

Exactly!

DlandMommy
12-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Thank you soo much Zawadi:)This will make some situations so much easier:blush:I take medication that sometimes makes me very sick :ill::sick:Having the sink in there with me is perfect:thumbsup:Also my son is at the age that it takes me and daddy to hold him down and change him sometimes...Thanks again:mickey:

3rdshiftCm
12-29-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure about the ones at WDW but the family restrooms at DLR are meant to serve both family and companion needs.

They're not just for the disabled.

joanna71985
12-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure about the ones at WDW but the family restrooms at DLR are meant to serve both family and companion needs.

They're not just for the disabled.

No, they aren't. But for some, they are the only toilets in the whole park they can use. So it can be hard for them.

buzznwoodysmom
12-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow, what a great list to have. I think I am going to print this and take it with me on our next WDW vacation. My boys are both getting to the age that they no longer want/or really should be coming with me into the ladies room. However, I am not ready to start letting them go to the restroom alone either. Some of WDW restrooms are huge and have different exits. Not only am I concerned about their safety in the restroom, but I worry about them exiting in the wrong area and getting lost. Therefor, when DH isn't around we are always on the lookout for the family restrooms.