PDA

View Full Version : Jared's Dining Reports -- Dec. 21-26

Jared
12-27-2008, 08:57 AM
First, an apology to all my dear friends here on INTERCOT. I have not posted regularly since June and disappeared without notice. Please know I am doing well, and I vanished out of necessity, not choice. The grind of covering Syracuse football and basketball, coupled with the expected intensity of a semester of school, has rendered me extraordinarily busy.

Therefore, I told few people here I was even traveling to Walt Disney World this past week. So consider this thread your fair warning. My family and I enjoyed four nights at the Contemporary (and I personally reveled in a fifth night at Pop Century, but that's a story for a different, future report).

From reading my posts, you probably know Disney dining is one of my favorite aspects our beloved vacation destination, so I bring to you a series of detailed reviews, critiquing all the restaurants -- table and counter service -- we enjoyed during these past few days.

Enjoy, and I look forward to reading everybody's responses.

Dec. 26
Wofgang Puck Express (Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Diners: Jared (me!)

Appetizers ordered
Tortilla soup -- A bowl of fire-roasted tomatoes, tortilla strips, and goat cheese.

Entrees ordered
Barbecue chicken focaccia -- Sliced chicken breast in our sweet and tangy bbq sauce with melted provolone cheese, tomato, and red onions. Served with Yukon Gold parmesan potato chips.

At least five or six people recommended I try Wolfgang Puck Express, calling it one of the best counter service locations in Disney. Since I was alone waiting for my family to arrive the next day, I had a perfect chance to explore Downtown Disney on my own and experience this restaurant.

The place absolutely lived up to the hype. Though the prices are certainly more expensive than your average quick service place, the food quality makes up the difference.

It was after 9 p.m. when I arrived, and it was crowded, but i still managed to find a nice corner table with a couch-style seat facing a window. I started with the tortilla soup, which unfortunately came out at the same time as the sandwich. I suppose that's just how this restaurant serves. Not a big deal, but I would have appreciated my server spacing my soup and sandwich.

The soup was probably the best food item I ate all trip. I loved it so much, I had another bowl the next day, which you will learn about in a future post. The dish is rich and chunky, with a strong roasted tomato taste, and the tortilla strips add a necessary crunch. If you like goat cheese, like I do, this soup is perfect. The cheese is dolloped atop the soup, allowing the diner to stir it in as he chooses. The small amount of cheese allows for a nice smooth finish, and it fits well with an otherwise thick soup. I had heard great things about this and the butternut squash soup. I know I made the right decision.

After eating that soup, the sandwich didn't stand a chance of living up. But it was quite delicious, and I would order it again. The barbecue sauce was thick and tangy. No doubt one of the best barbecue sauces I have ever tried. The bread was a thick sliced Italian focaccia -- certainly a step above your average roll or bun. One word of caution here: The red onions are serious! I love raw onions, but I realize many people don't. There is a distinct onion flavor to this dish, and the onions are chopped into nicely-sized pieces. I thought it enhanced the sandwich, but they are not necessary.

Wolfgang Puck Express is certainly one of the best counter service locations in the World. There were at least 10 items on the menu I wanted to try. Fortunately, I chose well for my first try. The Cast Member who took my order suggested the foccacia. Good call. I ate here again with my family the next day, and I will be able to share further impressions.

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop (Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Diners: Jared, Talie (my lovely girlfriend)

Items ordered: A scoop of premium vanilla ice cream, paired with a warm Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie, smothered with hot fudge sauce and topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry.

How my girlfriend, Talie, became involved on this night on such short notice is a romantic and lovely story that I will tell in my upcoming full trip report. Just accept she is now here, and we are off to have dessert.

I have to be honest here. I was disappointed, albeit slightly, with this sundae. The brownie was so rich it was almost hard to eat. Hard to explain exactly what I mean. It was such a dense, fudgy brownie, it was like eating a solid block of pure chocolate. I love chocolate. This was too much for me. Still, that didn't detract from the ice cream and the unbelievable hot fudge. I don't know how they do it, but that hot fudge is sinfully delicious. Next time, I would skip the brownie and go for the regular hot fudge sundae.

Finally, despite my minor criticisms, the entire sundae was gone and eaten in a matter of minutes. That speaks volumes.

Okay! That's enough for now. I have to go pick up Bethany (BronxTigger), and then it's off to Connecticut for an INTERCOT meet. Enjoy the first day of eating, and I'll be back soon with another installment.

TooGoofy
12-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Jared,
My mouth is watering here! :eat:

Thanks so much for your excellent review of Wolfgang Puck Express...we are eating there before Cirque in June. I look forward to more delightful epicurean critiques!

ElenitaB
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Glad you enjoyed WPE as much as we do... can't wait to hear about the rest of the week.

Have fun at the I'COT meet!

Dawneeeey
12-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I think I just drooled on the keyboard...

great report! I agree with you on the brownie sundae. I am a chocolate freak, I have had that sundae before, and it was a bit too much for me. I got the chocolate sweats after eating it!!! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-27-2008, 09:19 PM
hey Jared - thanks for giving me a head's up today about this post. Great details and you make the experience feel virtual (just like being..or do I mean eating there).

I agree about WPE in DD Marketplace. One of our favorite counter service places to eat! I love the soups there too!! Also agree with you about Ghirardellis. The hot fudge sundae is sooo good the brownie distracts from the distinct flavor of their hot fudge sauce.

Look forward to reading more of your dining experiences. :mickey:

stitchaholic
12-28-2008, 05:26 AM
yes Jared,

please tell us more,you have already made my decision to visit WPE!

Jared
12-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Fresh off a lovely meet this afternoon in West Hartford, Conn., I bring you my second day of dining reviews. What's up with not being able to edit posts anymore? When did that happen? Have I been away that long?

Dec. 22
Everything Pop (Pop Century)
Diners: Jared

Items ordered:
POP Waffle

I rarely eat breakfast at Disney. Usually, I'm in such a rush to reach the theme parks early in the morning, I forgo a morning meal and have an early lunch instead. But on this day, with my family arriving from New York by 1 p.m., I figured I had nothing better to do than explore the Pop Century food court.

The waffle was mediocre, but it looked great. I would have rather looked at it than eaten it. I don't do well with most traditional breakfast offerings. Sometimes, I like a good Belgian waffle, but I suppose I don't particularly like the mix Disney uses. This dish tasted like every other Disney waffle, but the logo on the inside at least gave it a different flair. From a taste perspective, I'd skip it next time and go for cereal or toast. I do better with lighter fare in the morning.

Contempo Cafe (Contemporary)
Diners: Jared, Justin (brother), Elyssa (sister), Jeff (dad), Carol (mom)

Items ordered:
Hot turkey sandwich -- topped with Brie, apple butter and arugala on Challah bread (Jared)

Spice Crusted Mahi -- topped with citrus-apple slaw on a Kaiser roll (Jeff)

Roasted Curry Vegetable and Bulgur Salad -- zucchini, squash, eggplant, vine-ripe tomatoes, onions, dried cherries and Romaine hearts in a yogurt-pesto dressing (Carol)

Six-Ounce Angus Cheeseburger -- with pepper jack cheese (Justin)

Six-Ounce Angus Hamburger (Elyssa)

This is what all counter service locations should strive for, and I suspect we will see more restaurants modeled after Contempo Cafe. The food is fresh, hot and tasty, and light-year beyond resort fast food of the past. I equate this restaurant to Sunshine Seasons.

Guests order on a touch screen, and all dishes are itemized and completely customizable. For salads, you can choose to have the dressing on the side or tossed in. My brother and sister were able to select a type of cheese. The prices are not listed on the menu board, and the cost adjusts based on which options you select. After using the screen, you receive a receipt and take it up to the register to pay. The Cast Member hands you a pager, which buzzes when the food is ready. A word of caution: Most dishes take about three minutes to prepare, a Cast Member told me. The mahi-mahi sandwich takes at least twice as long, which slows down the rest of the order.

We eventually received our food and were greatly impressed. My sandwich had slices of fresh green apple layered between the meat and arugula. The apples created a light sweetness. The bread was a thick toasted sweet egg bread, which was a nice upgrade from a roll or bun. I would certainly order this sandwich again.

I unfortunately did not try anything else this time, but everyone was satisfied. My mom, especially, had high praise for her salad. It was delicious and healthful.

Wolfgang Puck Express (Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Diners: Jared, Justin, Elyssa, Jeff, Carol

Appetizers ordered:
Tortilla Soup -- A bowl of fire-roasted tomatoes, tortilla strips, and goat cheese (Jared, Jeff)

Butternut Squash Soup -- A bowlful of the country classic with a roasted red bell pepper swirl and chives (Carol)

Entrees ordered
Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla -- Flour tortillas filled with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, red onions, fresh cilantro, topped with ranch dressing, tangy barbecue sauce and pico de gallo (Jared)

Crispy Chicken -- Crispy chicken tenders with French fries (Justin)

Four Cheese Macaroni -- A creamy blend of four cheeses (mozzarella, cheddar, fontina and Gorgonzola) baked with macaroni. Served with a petite Caesar salad (Elyssa)

Mu Shu Chicken Pocket - Roasted all natural chicken breast, Asian slaw, crisp bean sprouts and spicy Hoisin. Served with Yukon Gold parmesan potato chips (Carol)

Chicken Tortilla Melt - spicy all natural chicken, onions, sautéed red and yellow peppers and oven-roasted tomatoes, tossed with tortilla sauce, topped with mozzarella, wrapped in warm, all natural garlic focaccia bread. Served with a side of sour cream slaw and tortilla chips (Jeff)

We originally had a reservation for Wolfgang Puck Cafe, the table service location on the West Side. But since we had lunch later than we planned and wanted to spend more time at Epcot during the afternoon, we decided to skip the meal and head to Wolfgang Puck Express instead. I know I reviewed this location in a previous post, but now you can her my impressions of several other dishes.

The tortilla soup was incredible for the second-consecutive night. After the trip, I called this item the best food product I ate on my entire vacation.

Ellen (ElenitaB) suggested a few weeks prior I try the squash soup, so I was glad to take a few spoonfuls of my mother's appetizer. I usually don't squash, but this soup was tasty. It was sweet and incredibly smooth -- much smoother than the tortilla soup. The roasted red pepper swirl gave the dish even more color and made the bowl look spectacular.

To the entrees. I actually preferred the barbecue focaccia I had the night before to the barbecue quesadilla, but that's not an insult to what I had this time. The quesadilla had that same deliciously thick, rich and tangy barbecue sauce both inside and outside the tortilla. The pico de gallo seemed fresh and vibrant. Unfortunately, this meal didn't come with any sides, not even tortilla chips. Next time, I would order the quesadilla as a sharable appetizer and go for a more substantial and diverse entree.

My brother seemed pleased with his chicken fingers. They were not the traditional Disney nuggets. Wolfgang Puck has his own tenders, and they were crispy and piping hot. I also really enjoy the fries at this place.

I didn't try the macaroni and cheese, but it was bright yellow and didn't look all that appetizing. The Caesar salad it came with probably could have used a bit more dressing -- a rarity in most restaurants.

If you're hungry, definitely try the tortilla melt. It was big, filling and yummy. It was served on an open-faced focaccia, which was delicious. All the bread at Wolfgang Puck Express is freshly baked and delicious.

Finally, the mu shu pocket. I didn't try it. My mom didn't leave much on the plate, so take that for what it's worth.

Thanks for reading another day! Tomorrow, we have Backlot Express, Captain's Grille and Beaches & Cream.

:tasty:

pdrlkr
12-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

Hull-onian
12-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Jared, as always, a great report. Happy New Year to you and your family.

TooGoofy
12-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for another great review! We may have to try Contempo Cafe while we are there in June. :tasty:

MinnieMommie
12-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Great review! I agree with you and Ellen about the squash soup at WGP Marketplace. IT is sooo good! We will try Contempo on our January trip. Food sounds good and I like the idea of being able to customize orders via a touch screen. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Yes. Wolfgang Express seems to never disappoint. The food is high quality, so delicious, and their white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie is the best cookie I have ever had in my entire life. Love this place too!

mouseketeer mom
12-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Just read your second set of reviews. Great to hear about the Contempo. Last time we were there it was still under construction, so we couldn't partake.
The Butternut Squash soup at Wolfgangs is a meal in itself, I have found. I was almost too full to eat my entree after having it, but I would have it again,. I thought it was heaven in a bowl.

January-2007
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reviews. :mickey:

Jared
12-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Sorry for the delay, folks, and I appreciate all the kind responses. To everyone who is now considering trying Wolfgang Puck Express: Good decision!

Now, here comes another day of dining fun.

Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom)
Diners: Jared, Justin, Elyssa, Jeff, Carol, Talie, Howie (my uncle), Taylor (my seven-year-old cousin)

Items ordered:
Lighthouse Sandwich -- hummus with tomato & broccoli slaw. Served with a bag of chips (Jared, Jeff, Carol, Talie)

Bowl of New England Clam Chowder (Justin, Elyssa)

8 Chicken Breast Nuggets -- Served with French fries (Justin, Howie, Taylor)

6 Chicken Breast Nuggets -- Served with French fries (Elyssa)

Columbia Harbour House is possibly our favorite counter service location at Disney, and we have at least one meal there each trip. By this point, the order is pretty standard.

I like the clam chowder here more than the famed soup at Cape May Cafe. True, eating hot, thick soup in the middle of a hot day at the Magic Kingdom isn't always particularly appetizing, but it is good. We spend our summers on Martha's Vineyard, where you can try authentic chowder. This stuff doesn't live up, but it is closer than most other attempts away from New England.

The Lighthouse Sandwich, to me, is one of Disney's best-kept dining secret. Maybe the fried options grab everyone's attention, but I rarely notice other people eating this delightful and healthy sandwich. The hummus may not be any better than what you can buy in a supermarket, but it works well with the delicious broccoli slaw. Also, the bread is a thick whole-grain, which is hearty and wholesome. Even non-vegetarians out there should give this sandwich a shot. It's light and yummy -- perfect for lunch in a theme park.

The chicken breast nuggets are the regular Disney nuggets that we all know and love. I don't mind the new nuggets instead of the strips. They taste the same, and the eight pieces easily fill me up.

If I did my job well, hopefully I convinced one or two Pecos Bill junkies to head over to Liberty Square for a real counter service meal. ;)

Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
Diners: Jared, Talie, Justin, Elyssa, Jeff, Carol

Items ordered:
Toll House chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich

Those of you who know me well are fully aware of my love for this food item. In fact, the ice cream cookie sandwich from the Main Street Bakery is probably my favorite treat in the entire world (and World).

They are absolutely mammoth. Two huge chocolate chip cookies with three generous scoops of vanilla ice cream in between. Don't try eating this thing with your hands. That would be a disaster.

Usually, my entire family can share one sandwich, and that's what we did this time. With six people plowing onto one small plate with tiny plastic spoons, nobody got more than three or four bites, but it was perfect for a mid-afternoon dessert. One measly spoonful of cold ice cream and hot, gooey cookie goes a long way.

With all the wonderful and tantalizing offerings at the Main Street Bakery, it is hard to settle on just one. But I have found my favorite, and I will stick with it.

Captain's Grille (Yacht Club)
Diners: Jared, Talie, Justin, Elyssa, Jeff, Carol, Howie, Taylor

Items ordered:
Unfortunately, I don't recall what everyone at the table ordered, but I will mention what I had the pleasure of tasting.

Caesar Salad -- House made Caesar dressing, crisp Romaine lettuce, and croutons.

Crab Cakes -- Served with house-made tartar sauce.

Chef's Pasta Creation -- Tonight, it was cavatelli with mussels and shrimp in a light tomato-basil sauce.

Warm Wild Mushrooms & Onion Tart -- Served with field green and barley salad and balsamic truffle vinaigrette.

I had never heard of Captain's Grille, the lesser-known restaurant adjacent to Yachtman's Steakhouse, until about two weeks ago. Joe (SpecJoeMagic), a very close personal friend, called and told he enjoyed his meal at this place two weeks ago and that I should consider eating there.

It was nearly impossible finding any restaurant that had a table for eight available so close to Christmas, so I originally settled for Il Mulino, the Italian trattoria at the Swan. I wasn't sure how well that would go over with some of our guest, who all have dietary needs, and I wanted to find somewhere else. That's when I remembered what Joe told me, and I was able to snag a table at Captain's Grille big enough for everyone at a reasonable time.

The decor is pretty standard for a hotel restaurant, honestly, lacking any real theme or atmosphere with noting. It knows its place in the Disney restaurant hierarchy but represents its rung well.

Our server was young -- probably not much older than I am -- and especially enthusiastic. A lot of the time it looked like his feet were floating off the ground because he was bustling around so fast. We all thought it was funny and appreciated the effort.

First came the bread basket, which was one of the highlights of the entire meal. We enjoyed a mountain two roll varieties -- onion and whole wheat -- and both were piping hot and seemed freshly baked. Everyone wanted to try one of each kind (at least), so we had to request a refill.

The appetizers came next. I had the Caesar salad, which was basic but tasty. The dressing was garlicky, the greens were crisp and fresh and the cheese was abundant and sharp. If anything, there was a teeny bit more dressing than necessary, but the lettuce wasn't drowning. It wasn't unreasonable. A tad less probably would have sufficed, though.

I also had a couple bites of the crab cakes, which were good but not spectacular. I still prefer the ones at Kona Cafe, among other places. You can definitely find better crab cakes around Walt Disney World, but I have no complaints about this variety.

My mom and I both had the pasta special. I adore seafood pasta dishes, so this was right up my alley. I wasn't particularly impressed, but I wasn't disappointed, either. The shrimp and mussels worked pretty well with the sauce. I thought the pasta was a bit overcooked and mushy. Not dramatically, but a little. I enjoyed my entree, but I certainly wouldn't confuse it with a local Italian joint here in New York. I could probably get the same meal for less money at 100 places in my area.

Unfortunately, I did not try the mushroom and onion tart my dad and Talie had, but it looked and smelled good.

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Captain's Grille again, but it was a lifesaver this time. It is a very effective hotel table service location that serves it purposes and will work for groups in a bind staying in the Epcot area.

More to come later!

TooGoofy
12-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Another day filled with delicious meals...thanks Jared!

I love Columbia Harbour House, but there is no way I can drag Dave away from Pecos Bill's!

MinnieMommie
12-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks Jared - look forward to your next installment.:mickey:

ElenitaB
12-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Jared, you are so cruel! Our dinner just paled in comparison to everything you just described (not that I'm a great cook or anything like that but WOW!). I think we'll need to visit the Contempo Cafe our next trip. The menu is very enticing.

DisneyorBust
12-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks for sharing your reports!
My wife and I have been discussing dining options for our next trip and your review of Wolfgang Puck's restaurants has me anticipating a fine meal there!

WDWFanatic
12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Great reports so far Jared. We've missed you here at I'cot.

You are a wonderful writer, and I will be trying some of your suggestions on our next trip.

BUT...when will we get the romantic story of your girlfriend joining you? ;)

Bethanymouse
12-31-2008, 02:03 AM
Yay! Jared is back! I loved reading your reports this summer about you and Talie, so I am so excited to see you have returned. I must say your reports this time are making it hard for me to stick to my diet! Everything sounds delicious! I cant wait to keep reading!

BronxTigger
01-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Nice report Jared!

It sounds a bit familiar...almost like I've heard this before somewhere. :D

JPL
01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
The Contempo Cafe sounds great can't wait to try it some day.

As for the Waffles at Pop that really surprises me because someone on the bus in December was raving about how good they were and telling the person next to them they have to try them.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I 100% agree about Wolfgang Puck Express, we had pizzas and creme brulee, awesome CS choices.

Crow
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Great reviews
never got to try WPE, since I dont spend a lot of time at DDD, but I may in April if i get the DDP (wow all these abbreviations are like texting or chatting)
and I havent had any ice cream at G at DDD or Main St Bakery, but I will keep them in mind.

Perdita
01-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Jared,

Thank you for the review. My mouth is watering just like my golden does when he sits near our dinner table as we eat.

I am going in April and like to map out which restaurants we'll eat at. Wolfgang Puck is one place we'll definitely hit. I will be ordering the tortilla soup and trying the focacia.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

SpecJoe Magic
01-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Captain's Grille was my favorite table service meal (out of 7 restaurants) at WDW on this most recent visit, even slightly better for me than my usual favorite, Boma. Of course, a lot of it depends on what each individual orders. I ate an apple cider pork chop with garlic mashed potatoes, which is one of my favorite entrees that I've ever had at WDW, and that's a big reason why I enjoyed Captain's Grille so much. Plus, our waitress was awesome and the English toffee mousse cake dessert was great.

It appears that your experience with Captain's Grille wasn't as nice as mine, but I'm glad it was a good meal on short notice for the group.

Jared
01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Shh don't tell Jared! It's Talie. He gave me his computer to read the dining reviews and fell asleep, so I thought I'd have some fun, and steal the chance to tell you my side of the er "lovely and romantic" story.

First of all, it's a pleasure to be writing to you all (oh no he's stirring!). Jared always has the best things to say about his friends from Intercot.

Jared was stuck in Memphis after covering a college basketball game. He had 24 hours to get from Memphis to New York to Disney. Rather than leaving his much anticipated trip to fate (or rather, weather) he told me he was booking a flight to Orlando and staying at the Pop Century. It seemed a shame that he should be so close and all alone. But I wished him a safe flight and went about my day.

I didn't remember until much later that my cousin had to leave our little Chanukah shin-dig early that evening. She had to drive friends up to the Orlando airport for a flight early the next morning. Now how could I have been so stupid? Wouldn't you have put 2 and 2 together? Well as soon as Jodi (my cousin) walked in, I ambushed her. Yes, she'd give me a ride. Yes, I'd be back early the next morning. (He's awake now and perfectly baffled as to why I've stolen his computer)

Together we streaked up the highway, my cousin and her friend laughing that they had to get Cinderella to her prince. Meanwhile, I'm texting Jared begging him to stay up late enough for me to "call and say goodnight."
He tells me he's just sitting down at "Wolfgang Puck."

So I hurry in to what my cousin tells me is the right restaurant and awkwardly tell the hostess I'm meeting someone. Has she seen someone of Jared's description? No, she hasn't, but I'm welcome to search for myself. No Jared. So I call him.

"Uh...so, whatcha doin?'
"Well I'm just leaving Wolfgang Puck."
"Oh...really?" (I'm standing at the exit, he's not).
"Yeah, well, no. I mean, I'm sitting outside on a ledge."
"Oh yeah? So uh what are you looking at?"
(He says something about a carousel and a Christmas store, I look frantically for this fabled carousel, but my mother is calling to be sure I made it to Downtown Disney. I tell him I'll be right back.
"Tal?"
"I don't believe you."
"What?"
"I don't believe you're sitting outside Wolfgang Puck because there is no carousel outside of Wolfgang Puck." (By now I'm lost and worried and have totally given up on this charade. I have a knack for really messing this stuff up).
"You're a terrible liar. What are you doing here?!"

Apparently, there are two Wolfgang Pucks. The express and the cafe. Boy do I need to read up on my Disney dining.

I'll let Jared fill you in on the rest.

Maleficent's Dad
01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Talie,
As much as I enjoy reading Jared's reports, your "side of the story" and update are appreciated!

Sounds like you and Jared are made for each other! ;)

ElenitaB
01-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Talie, so nice to hear from you! :D

SpecJoe Magic
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Ha ha! Good one, Talie. You almost had him. Too bad you didn't get the chance to sneak up on him when he didn't know you were there. Oh well, it's a nice story anyway, and I'm glad you two got to spend some time together at WDW.