PDA

View Full Version : March - April 2009 Park Hours

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
12-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know the story with the park hours and events for March - April 2009? The hours were scaled back recently. On disney.com, in the month view, it shows the park hours. But when I click on any date for any park, it shows that the park hours for that day are unavailable and it does not show any special events (fireworks, parades, other nighttime shows, etc.). It is very difficult to plan our vacation without knowing which nights each of the nighttime shows are taking place. In particular, our window for booking dining reservations begins tomorrow (we are traveling to WDW on 3/27). We usually book dining reservations based upon which park we will be in that evening which we determine based on the nighttime show schedule.

Thanks for any info.

JPL
12-26-2008, 11:27 PM
This is a reaction to the economy by Disney they are holding back on posting hours and other events waiting to see if it gets worse or better in the near future. It is very frustrating when trying to plan your trip but I guess something we will have to live with for a while.

thumperbug
12-27-2008, 07:17 PM
My trip is for presidents week. When the park hours came out over the summer I wrote them down and planned my itinerary and ADRs based on them..(that just how my family does it)

I was just double/triple checking all my ressies...hotel, air, etc and checked park hours and they almost all changed. Some MK hours were cut back an hour, some 8 hours. In one case they added evening EMH.

The change won't really affect my trip except that our nights will be ending earlier rather then later. But thats not such a bad thing...

Of course being Disney OCD I will probably check them again at least 2 more times before I go