PDA

View Full Version : Bus question for CBR..

Lori Anne
12-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Hello all! been a while since I've posted!! we are planning a late Nov. trip to DW. For anyone who knows the CBR, are the bus stops covered?? any of them?? We will be travelling with our daughter, who is in a wheelchair. We last stayed at AKL, which was UNBELIEVABLE!! but, if the budget won't allow us to stay there again, we are looking into CBR. We thought about PO, but for the same price, the rooms at CBR are bigger! (Rachel has lots of equipment!) thanks for your help!!!
Lori

Wrigley
12-26-2008, 08:49 PM
We LOVE CBR! We haven't been to CBR recently, but from what I remember-the bus stops are covered. We always stayed in Martinique and the bus stop had a little waiting area with three sides and a roof. It was nice, especially when we ran into those Florida downpours!

CleveRocks
12-27-2008, 08:14 AM
This is a little-discussed and little-noticed fact: covered bus stops are an amenity of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts. The bus stops at all of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts are covered ... think protection from rain and hot sun. The bus stops at the Value resorts are not covered.

Again, this is one of the amenities guests pay more for by staying at a Moderate or Deluxe.

Lori Anne
12-28-2008, 08:21 AM
thank you for your help! any protection I can give her from the elements is great! oh phooey, another question!:blush: Do we have to take the internal bus to 1 particular stop to get the buses for the parks?

Bringonthemouse!
12-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Nope, there are bus stops are located in each village!
:mickey:

DisneyorBust
12-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi Lori Anne! Just wanted to share our families experience at CBR this past September. We found the bus system servicing the CBR to be very good. We stayed at the Jamaica Island and overall, we had short wait times for busses to the theme parks and good transport times too. Only one negative bus experience with a new driver, I don't believe that she was ready to be on her own yet, drove very slow and nervously. All in all, we found CBR to be a nice, relaxing resort. Have a great time!

DumboMom
12-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I had a great experience with the buses at CBR. It seemed each time my husband and I walked out of the room (room was near the bus stop)there was another one coming. We never waited. The only hotel I had an issue with regarding buses was POR. There were never enough. :mickey: