PDA

View Full Version : College internships?

crmark1
12-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I have ateenage daughter who is interested in working for Disney with the college internship program. We were told about it from a cast member a few years ago who was in the program at the time. Does anyone know if they still have this program and if so any specifics on it. Thanks!

dmosher
12-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Why yes, the college program is still ongoing. I went through this program YEARs (1990's ahem?!) ago and it is still running.

The link o the program is HERE (http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com).

It was a great experience and one of the best jobs I have had to date! I did some checking and they are starting interviews for the Fall of 2009 season.

Tell her good luck and if she has any questions to post them or drop me a line.
:pipes:
D

joanna71985
12-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I have ateenage daughter who is interested in working for Disney with the college internship program. We were told about it from a cast member a few years ago who was in the program at the time. Does anyone know if they still have this program and if so any specifics on it. Thanks!

They sure do! There are 11 students (at least) going down from my school in Jan.

To be accepted for the CP, you just need to be at least 18, have completed at least 1 semester in a college/university, be in good standing with the school (usually means a 2.0+ GPA), and have a good personal record.

The CP is such a good experience. I have done 4 of them, and will be applying for the Fall 2009 CP. Good luck to her!

ValenciaCalling
12-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm in the same boat as your daughter. She should sign up for the newsletter on the website. It keeps you updated with everything. Is she still in high school?