PDA

View Full Version : Which resort would you choose for dinner?

GINNY69
12-26-2008, 04:03 PM
If you could choose 1 resort for dinner which would you choose and why? Trying to come up with some possible ideas..

Thanks alot !!

Happy New Year !!!

TinkerbellT421
12-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Cape May Cafe at the Yacht and Beach Club. Thats my favorite out of the Resort restaurants.

dmosher
12-26-2008, 04:45 PM
California Grill at the Contemporary! The food is amazing, the atmosphere is very pleasant, the servers are very knowledgeable and attentive and if you schedule it in advance, you can be eating when the lights dim and watch Wishes form, up above the MK! They pipe in the sounds and music and you get to see the MK fireworks from a whole new angle. Oh and did I mention the food is AMAZING!??

Plus, you can spend the day in MK then hop the monorail over to dinner!
:pipes:
D

LudwigVonDrake
12-26-2008, 04:56 PM
'Ohana or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian :tikki:

KatMark
12-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Unfortunately, I find it easier to pick ones to stay away from (Boatwright's for dinner, Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner). We do like the breakfast at Cape May Cafe and the dinner was okay--we liked it a lot the first time and didn't care for it as much the second time. We've not tried a lot of th eother ones--I've heard good and bad on Boma (I know I wouldn't like it--don't like spiced up food); we are trying Spoodles at the Boardwalk next year as we've read some really good review of it lately.

epceddie
12-26-2008, 10:33 PM
My wife and I really enjoy Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. We always try to have lunch or dinner there.
We absolutely love the Polynesian. It's easy to park there, we like the bar around the corner from Kona and it's cool to be able to jump on the monrail for visits to the MK, the Grand Floridian and Epcot.
When we're through, we get off at the monorail stop, walk to our car and head back to our resort with no crowds or traffic to have to deal with.
Plus, if you time it right, you can head to the beach at night and watch Wishes across the water at the MK.

Natazu
12-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Disney's Grand Floridian has the best restaurants by far. - from the creative offerings of the Grand Floridian Cafe to the brilliant elegance of Victoria & Albert's. If I had to pick one resort to have a dinner or one resort to have a week's worth of dinners, it would be this one.

MOJoe
12-27-2008, 09:38 AM
While it's hard to argue with Natazu, having dinner at the California Grill is something really special. Many of Disney's best restaurants have wonderful food with superb presentation, but there is something unique having a great meal with the picturesque view of Bay Lake and Cinderella's Castle in the background. The setting alone is worth at least one trip.
So try the Calli. It's the only place where you really feel like you are on top of "The World."

Mary M
12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
California Grill is really special. Fantastic food and amazing views.

disneyworld55925592
12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Boma at AKL.... AMAZING best meal i've ever had!

WDWFanatic
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
'Ohana or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian :tikki:

Ditto for us. We always have a dinner here.

lockedoutlogic
12-27-2008, 10:49 AM
The best resort restaurants are:

Victoria and Alberts
Jiko
Citricos
California Grill
Artist's Point

...in that order.

Many others are excellent....so it tough not to find a good meal.

But as another poster suggested...it's almost easier to point out where NOT to go

The short list:

The Wave (i'd like the wave to come crashing down as soon as possible)
Maya Grill is hit or miss
Yachtsmans is hit or miss
Whispering Canyon is very hit or miss outside of breakfast
Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossees, and 1900 park fare are all sketchy at times
Captain's Galley
Cape May (again....personal preference)
Shutters (was very good at first...last time we were there its standards had fallen to the depths of caribbean....the most overhyped, overall poor property at WDW)

dtootsie42
12-27-2008, 01:44 PM
We have three favorites that we try to never miss:

Ohanas and Kona Cafe at the Poly

Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian....I know that some people say this is hit or miss but we have never had a bad experience

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

Belle_0717
12-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Boma at AKL
Ohana or Kona at Poly

kathiep
12-28-2008, 09:59 AM
O'Hana

ThanxForNoticin
12-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Boma at AKL
Ohana or Kona at Poly

Ditto - these are our favs, too.

disneychick62
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Whispiring Canyon Cafe... great fun and great food...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

prttynpnk
12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Narcoosees at the Floridian is so nice out on the water and then you can take the launch over to Epcot. We did this earlier in the month and ended up on the water while they were doing the water pageant- it was a real treat!

Sinewiz
12-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Another vote for Boma at AKL. Wonderful food with very relaxing atmosphere. ;)

Seasonscraps
12-29-2008, 02:26 PM
The Dolphin for Shula's - probably the best steak I have ever had.

disneydeb
12-29-2008, 03:06 PM
After a big day at the AK we try to have dinner at Boma, after a big day at the MK we have dinner at O'Hana.While in Epcot, we eat at Epcot, usually Le Cellier (not in a resort though)
While at Disney Studios we usually go try one of the resorts, or an Epcot WS restaurant.

SBETigg
12-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Disney's Grand Floridian has the best restaurants by far. - from the creative offerings of the Grand Floridian Cafe to the brilliant elegance of Victoria & Albert's. If I had to pick one resort to have a dinner or one resort to have a week's worth of dinners, it would be this one.

I absolutely agree with Jym. Even the counter service option, Gasparilla Grill, is a pretty good choice with lots of variety and open 24 hours.

mainemajor
12-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Boma at AKL.... AMAZING best meal i've ever had!

I'll second this sentiment. This was by far our favorite meal on our last trip. DS can be a picky eater, but he loved it too. There are so many choices and something for eveyone.

DakotaDisney
12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I think it depends on who is going with you.
Is it a romantic meal for 2
or
A meal with friends
or
A meal with kids

Boma would be my first choice, especially if you are not staying there. Great food and you get to experience the AKL resort. Good for any category. If you want a more intimate setting at AKL try Jiko.

The Whispering Canyon has good food and can be a really fun place to eat with friends. Joke around with the staff.

ravsluvdisney
12-31-2008, 04:15 PM
From the ones we've dined at I would say our top three in no particular order:

O'hana - our personal fave; tasty food just keeps on a-coming

Cali Grille - food is top notch along with the view

Cape May Cafe - along with Boma a great/varied dinner buffet

dteed
12-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Very tough question, all resorts have something to offer. Here are my top choices. AP at WL, CG at CR, O'hana at Poly, Narcosees at GF.