PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace ressie

epceddie
12-26-2008, 01:04 PM
It's the day after Christmas and I just got off the phone with member services. I was hoping to get a ressie at Crystal Palace for Tuesday, Jan. 6 and ended up with an 8:10 a.m. seating.

I didn't think I was going to get anything, so to get such an early reservation was a surprise.

Did I just get lucky?

laward32
12-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I was under the impression January, other than MLK weekend was a slow period. So hopefully it was more than luck. I hope you have a great trip with low crowds.:mickey:

dmosher
12-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Good job! Enjoy the reservation; the breakfast is really good and the waffles....mmmmmm... man do I miss those. Have some crispy bacon for me, as we can not get good crispy bacon here in NEw Zealand. YES I am serious... ANyway have a great time and let us know how the trip went.
:pipes:
D

handmaidenofprincesses
12-26-2008, 05:41 PM
We're going Jan 4-10 and got every single ADR we wanted right when we wanted it! I couldn't believe it!! I hope the crowds are reflective of this as well, but since I've only ever been during peak season it won't make much difference to me if they're not.

epceddie
12-26-2008, 10:01 PM
We'll be there Jan. 4-9 and I also didn't have any problems getting a 5:15 reservation for Chef Mickey's on the Sunday that we arrive.

We're really looking forward to seeing what the crowds are like in January and what effect the Marathon has.

Our last two trips have been in October and except for one horrible day at Disney Hollywood Studios, the crowds have been pretty manageable.

Here's hoping that the crowds are light in January and everybody down there has a great time.

For us, it will be a nice break from the winter weather (12 inches of snow recently) that we've been experiencing. I can't wait to break out my shorts and t-shirts again.

Also, to dmosher, thanks for the reply. It's amazing that these forums reach as far as New Zealand. It was great to hear from you and I'll be sure to post a trip report when we get back.

dmosher
12-27-2008, 02:27 PM
No problem epceddie, we are originally from the states but moved out here and miss the magic. Still we seem to find a way of coming back once a year... in fact that is the only time we return to the states, for WDW or DL!
:pipes;
D