PDA

View Full Version : Favorite CS restaurants?

handmaidenofprincesses
12-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi there everyone!

Just curious- what are your favorite CS restaurants? :eat: My aunt and I are trying to plan out our days for our trip next week (woohoo!:cloud9:) at least a little bit and it occured to me that I don't really know anything about the CS restaurants. When my family and I have gone in the past, we've stayed in timeshares and eaten most of our meals in, with only a couple meals at TS restaurants troughout the week. So I figured I would ask the experts here which CS restaurants we don't want to miss :)

Thanks in advance!!

laward32
12-26-2008, 01:22 PM
We like Casey's Corner and Cosmic Ray's at MK. We like Electric Umbrella at Epcot. I hope to try some of the CS places around WS in September. We like Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary at DHS. We haven't tried any CS places at AK.
These are just what my family likes. Everybody is different, but hope this helps.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
My very favorite is Cosmic Ray's at MK! I love Sunny Eclipse! We always try to eat here more than once each vacation. :mickey:

big blue and hairy
12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
We like Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary at DHS. We haven't tried any CS places at AK.

When was the last time you ate at the Commisary? DW and I ate there last year and it was awful! I don't mean the choices, everything was greasy and nasty. We like counter service and we liked the Pizza Planet. The Commisary was really bad.

As far as a favorite, I lover Flametree, partly for the food, and partly for the view of Everest.

:sulley:

disneymom15
12-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Pecos Bills, Harbor House, Casey's at MK.
Yak & Yeti (not sure if that's the correct name) at AK.

mrmcgiv
12-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Flame Tree BBQ at Ak was great. Yummy food and nice seating with great views. Looks like no seating form the front but wond back and there are tons of tables. I like Cosmic rays too. I also liked Columbia Harbor house. I like the tune sandwich presonally..it is nothing spectacular but I just liked it.

Have FUN!

comicguy
12-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Our favorite CS are:

MK:
Pecos Bills (Great fixin bar for your burger)
Cosmic Rays (chicken and ribs combo, yummy)

EP:
Sunshine Seasons (Great selection of food)

MGM:
Backlot Express (Good burgers)

AK:
Flametree BBQ (Awesome ribs and chicken)

DTD:
Earl of Sandwich

Don't forget some of the hotels have some great counter service as well.

LudwigVonDrake
12-26-2008, 05:00 PM
My two favorites are Cosmic Ray's at the MK and The Flame Tree BBQ in DAK. The Flame Tree is a nice change of pace from the usual hamburger/hot dog fare. Plus get a seat down by the water while eating.

beksy
12-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is our favorite and we also enjoy Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Rays (go at an off time and enjoy the show--it's a nice break!) and Pecos Bill at the MK.

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Our favorites are...

MK - Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill's

EPCOT - Electric Umbrella (2nd floor by windows is my Wife's & M-I-L's favorite spot for people watching)

DHS - Backlot Express

AK - Flame Tree or Pizzafari (my daughter loves the breadsticks)

Yvette
12-26-2008, 07:04 PM
EPCOT: We love both the Yakitori House (Japan) and Tangierine Cafe (Morocco).

MK: Columbia Harbor House

AK: Flame Tree (But I am looking forward to trying Yak and Yeti)

DHS (Keep wanting to say MGM Studios):
Nothing. For some reason we never eat here? Just fruit and snacks....I wonder why?

Tbelle1976
12-26-2008, 09:09 PM
We also like Cosmic Rays in MK and Flame Tree in AK. Every year we eat at Flame Tree, their chicken and ribs are really, really good!

Disney Doll
12-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Our favorite CS are:

MK:
Pecos Bills (Great fixin bar for your burger)
Cosmic Rays (chicken and ribs combo, yummy)

EP:
Sunshine Seasons (Great selection of food)

MGM:
Backlot Express (Good burgers)

AK:
Flametree BBQ (Awesome ribs and chicken)

DTD:
Earl of Sandwich

Don't forget some of the hotels have some great counter service as well.

This is my list of favorites exactly. I will add though that we tend to eat most of our CS meals in EPCOT in WS. There are lots of good choices there.

Sylvia
12-27-2008, 12:04 AM
MK - Casey's; Cosmic Ray's; Pecos Bill's

EPCOT -
Future World - Electric Umbrella; Sunshine Seasons
World Showcase - Norway Bakery; Liberty Inn

STUDIOS - Backlot Express; Commissary

AK - Pizzafari; Restaurantosaurus; Yak & Yeti CS

DD - Earl of Sandwich

dmosher
12-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Casey's Corner and Cosmic Rays in MK
Flame Tree Barbeque in Animal Kingdom
:pipes:
D

disneydeb
12-27-2008, 12:44 AM
AK - Flame Tree

DS - Pizza Planet

Epcot - Electric Umbrella in FW
Tangerine Cafe in WS

MK - Casey's, Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's

DD -Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck's

AmandaChan
12-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Casey's Corner is probably our favorite. Cosmic Ray's was kind of a bad experience for us. Was RIDICULOUSLY BUSY and the service was BAD. Bad experience all around.

In DHS we actually liked the Commissary. I always get the Cuban sandwich with plantain chips. I've also had the curry and it was pretty good. Husband and I went two times last year, actually. Some people just have different experiences.

In Epcot, husband and I always really liked the Lotus Blossom. I have read a lot of bad reviews about it and I never fully understood why.

As for AK, I'll agree Flame Tree BBQ is one of the better ones. Also Yak and Yeti CS is really good. The only complaint I have for it is it's hard to find seating that's in the shade.

pluto 77
12-28-2008, 01:15 AM
MK: Cosmic Rays & Pecos Bills
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Cantina de San Angel, and we always split a Fish and chips at Yorkshire
DS: nothing! they are all really bad :ack:
AK: Flame Tree :thumbsup:

IamBelle
12-28-2008, 09:15 AM
For breakfast, i like the breakfast pizza at Pizzafari in AK

For lunch, I like the Morocco counter service lamb and chicken platter, also the fish and chips near the rose and crown are good, the CS place in Mexico (love the nachos!)

Natazu
12-28-2008, 04:12 PM
MK: Cosmic Ray's
WS: Tangierine Cafe
FW: Sunshine Seasons
MGM: Starring Rolls
AK: Flame Tree
DTD: Cooke's of Dublin or Earl of Sandwich (tie)

Gator
12-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Gotta go with Tangerine Cafe at the Morocco Pavillion. The gyro meat is great - especially the lamb/beef mix. And the desert, Batlava (a pastry - not sure of the spelling) is the best desert I have each time I go to WDW.

And of course, Flame Tree is awesome. I don't miss it.

DisneyLoversx4
12-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Yak and Yeti was awsome! The portions were huge you can definatley share!! We were also very surprised at how good our food court at All star sports was, everything was hot and fresh unlike the cs at the parks, our food was not very fresh at pecos bill and cosmic rays like it usually is! Also the best fries are at Pinoccio village house the figero fries they have hot cheese and hunks of real bacon (all meat) one time my DH brought chili from caseys corner and pored it over these fries they were to die for!!!!:thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
my two faves are cosmic ray's

and La Cantina de San Angel. If you are lucky, you can snag a seat right by the water. A nice cool breeze, a great view, good food, and even better :marg:'s. Definately worth a try, if even for a snack..

Georgesgirl1
12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
MK- Harbor House, Pecos Bills

Epcot- Yakatori House (Japan), Tangerine Cafe (Morocco)

DHS- Backlot Express

AK- Don't have one

DTD- Earl of Sandwich

teambricker04
12-30-2008, 10:06 PM
MK: Cosmic Rays seated by Sonny Eclispe and Pinniochio Village Haus at the window overlooking IASW

EPCOT: Tagerine Cafe in Morocco and the Food Court in the the Land

AK: FlameTree BBQ

DHS: Pizza Planet, seated outside

We had eatten soooo many burgers and sandwiches one trip that I made an excel spreadsheet of all the places to eat (snack, CS, and TS) in each of the parks. DH put it on his phone so at any point in our day we can eat what we want and not have to hunt or settle!

dfamasb
12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
MK: Cosmic Ray's

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons

DHS: ??

DAK: Flametree BBQ

DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express

Beast_fanatic
12-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House, Casey's, Cosmic Ray's

Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish & Chips (UK), Sunshine Season's (The Land)

Disney Hollywood Studios: Backlot Express, Catalina Eddy's (the pizza/salad combo was good)

Animal Kingdom: Pizzafari, Flametree BBQ

Downtown Disney: Earl of Sandwich

Mackflava99
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
We really like Columbia Harbor house alot- the food is good and its very quiet -

Also- the CS in the LAND at epcot is great- i forget the name

and finally- he fish and chips in Worldshowcase- UK

big blue and hairy
01-01-2009, 12:36 PM
MK: Cosmic Rays seated by Sonny Eclispe and Pinniochio Village Haus at the window overlooking IASW

:scared::bolt:
Has nothing to do with your food choice, just IASW...:D

:sulley:

goofy89
01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
My three favorites are:
Cosmic Ray's in MK
Electric Umbrella in Epcot
Earl of Sandwich in DTD

nicjohn3
01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. near Captain Jacks==Excellent expecially if you are on the DP.

kemps@wdw
01-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh Gosh...so many good places to choose from! I would have to agree w/ everyone who chose Pecos Bill's In MK, and Backlot express in DHS. We usually do these 2 every trip. I like the CS in UK @ Epcot, DSIL likes Japan, and DD likes Norway. We don't usually stay in AK long enough to eat, but have always heard good things about Flame Tree, and since DH is an avid BBQer, we plan to try it on our next trip, to see how it compares to how we do it here in KY! Have a GR8 time!!!:thumbsup: