PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day at MK

JoDisney
12-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Curious if anyone spent Christmas Day at MK. How was the crowd this year?

JoDisney
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Bump.:mickey3:

Cookie123
12-29-2008, 01:52 PM
It would seem to me that people haven't even
recovered yet from Christmas Day in the MK.
They can't bring themselves to write about it yet! LOL! :funny:

Heller109
12-29-2008, 09:41 PM
We just got back from Disney World on December 26th. We didn't touch MK on Dec 25th as it was just crazy looking when we saw the entrance from the monorail ! AK had early opening on 12-25 and we figured it was probably a good day to go there. Boy...was it ever! We went on Expedition Everest 4 times without a wait. We walked off and then back on. It was AWESOME. Once we were done there (around 10 am) we went to Blizzard Beach which we had to ourselves pretty much. We went on every ride a few times and were done there by 1pm. It was empty. We did have to go to Epcot as we had tickets for the Candle Light Processional at 6:45 (our dinner was at San Angel Inn at 4pm). It took us almost an hour to walk from San Angel Inn to the Candlelight processional as Epcot was insanely busy. My youngest son (8 yrs old) was getting pushed around so much that my husband had to carry him for a while. We left immediately after the processional. BTW - the processional was absolutely amazing. We were so lucky to see if on Christmas Day & also have Edward James Olmos as the announcer. We were just 3 rows from the front. It's definitely something I would suggest seeing.

When I was at our hotel (Contemporary) I met a very nice older woman who lived in Orlando. Her son was an executive at Disney. She said the attendance at MK on Christmas Day was the lowest in 17 years. I told her I was awfully surprised as it was packed. She said her son said the economy is affecting everything and ticket sales were down.

Jenn

dtootsie42
12-29-2008, 09:55 PM
We just got back from Disney World on December 26th. We didn't touch MK on Dec 25th as it was just crazy looking when we saw the entrance from the monorail !

Lucky you Jenn to spend Christmas Day at Disney!! I've heard that it is a great time to go and just don't plan on spending anytime at the Magic Kingdom. Thanks for the info, perhaps with this info, some time in the future I can convince my husband to actually go over Christmas instead of at the beginning of December.

cfoshe
12-29-2008, 09:59 PM
my family and i were their on Christmas day. It was busy, about the same amount as a day in late July. I was ready for wall to wall people, far worse than a day in late July. Most wait times around 45 - 60 min. It was real slow in the morning but got busier in the afternoon. We went by Winnie the Pooh about 10 am and there was a 25 min wait. I am use to the wait being 60 min by then. We jumped to Epcot in the afternoon and I though it was busier there than MK