PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

quicksand
12-26-2008, 08:10 AM
I love reading about what everyone got! I can almost see them doing the "Christmas dance" while I'm reading about it. So here goes... I got a Keurig coffee maker, a pillowtop king sized mattress and my favorite... CASH! What did everyone else get? :mickey:

Ian
12-26-2008, 09:01 AM
I prefer to talk about what I gave vs. what I got, so I'll give DW's list instead:

I got her one of those new black diamond necklaces, a Garmin GPS, a gift card so she can go shopping for herself, a gift certificate for some spa treatments, a Coach handbag, a North Face winter jacket, a couple things from Banana Republic (shirt, sweat suit), a sweater, and a Roomba (that was more of a family gift).

But I definitely had a very merry Christmas, too. DW and the kids got me a lot of nice stuff and, of course, I got to spend the holidays with them. That's my real present.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

TinkerbellT421
12-26-2008, 09:08 AM
I also prefer to speak of what I gave. It was a little bit of a short money christmas. Me and DBF had an agreement to not get each other anything due to buying DVC earlier this year. We had a our vacation together is our christmas present to each other. But of course...that didn't last lol!..I gave DBF the Complete Sopranos Series (So he can stop DVRing it from A&E), The Artie Lang book "Too Fat To Fish" and two Disney Mickey Mouse mugs from the Disney store. I have a growing collection of those so I buy them every Christmas for DBF so he can have a collection too :mickey: And I got exactly what I wanted...A Wii Fit!!! and a lot of cash. I was able to do good for my mom. We got her a new computer Samsung Monitor, 4 sets of thermals (she loves those), A velour jump suit, A fleece, A cashmere sweater, and a cotton sweater. And a new cell phone because hers is dieing. And a bunch of foot care prodcut for her stocking. All-in-all it was a very nice christmas. I just loved spending it with love with the family (both my mom and DBF's side)...I couldnt ask for more! :mickey:

Merry Christmas everyone. Happy Festivus! And a Happy New Year! :mickey:

luvnwdw
12-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Our gifts this year to and from each other was our trip to WDW 12/4 - 12/13/08, had a wonderful time and a LOT of Christmas memories for 2008. I am very blessed.

Earnhardt321
12-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I got a Kitchen Aide mixer!!! I have wanted one for a long time. Baking here I come!!! I recieved alot of things to go ski-dooing with. I worked so I had a great Christmas with my co-workers. They are a great bunch of people!!!

Tinkerfreak
12-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I got a new coach pocket book, some cash and some great gift cards.
I wasn't expecting anything because we just built a new house and got a new car so I was really surpirsed.
We all had a good first Christmas in our new home. We lit the fireplace and took our time opening gifts. We got the girls guitar hero for the playstation and lots of clothes.

TheDuckRocks
12-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I usually don't like to share with others what I received for gifts to me, kind of seems braggy and greedy. But this year I'm going to share with you all what my hubby and I got for each other as we both love them so much. We got Amazon Kindles for each other as early Christmas gifts back when Oprah was offering the special discount for them. As we are both avid readers these little wonders have been the best gifts we could have ever received, what a joy it was on our recent Disney road trip to only have a "book" each instead of the 5 or 6 paperbacks that each of us usually take along. If any of you out there have been thinking about getting one, I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.:thumbsup:

handmaidenofprincesses
12-26-2008, 11:53 AM
My parents bought me a suitcase for my Disney trip next week (squee!) and my aunt made me a Mickey Mouse comforter that my little 2 yr old cousin tried to steal (he loves "Hickey House") :mickey: And I got lots of socks, which made me one very happy person (i'm very easy to shop for lol)

VWL Mom
12-26-2008, 12:12 PM
I had seen the pen and ink postcards while we were at Disney. I bought "One Man's Dream", snuck it home, and bought a nice black frame for it and gave it to DH. I also bought the Art of Disney Stamps book and mint stamps from USPS. I think these were his 2 favorites.

DisneyFreak23
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Santa brought me a nice framed WDW 25th Anniversay Lithograph. I also got the Jonas Brothers wall calendar, JB poster, hat, gloves and a scarf
, WiiFit (AWESOME!!!!), Endless Ocean 4 Wii, perfume, and a very fuzzy sweatshirt.

For my mom, who is VERY hard to shop for, I gave her a pair of slippers and a new watch, which she loves.

Dad got new wireless headphones and slippers also.

My brother's favorite new presents are his mini RC helicopters.

But the best gift of all is our new dog, Molly, whom we rescued from the shelter on Dec. 1st. She is absolutely the BEST dog. she is soo calm and passive. She also loves to cuddle and I don't think we could have asked for a better present.

Now if only I'd gotten that Disney trip....

Magic Smiles
12-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I was lucky to get lots of great stuff, including the 2 items that I really wanted. Gossip Girls Season 1 and a bird bath heater for the birdies outside!
I gave to my DH a 46" Sony TV along with a Blu Ray player and a HD Digital box. Snowshoes, an auto car starter along with way too many other gifts. I sure spoilt him this year. DS was also spoilt rotten, but that is pretty much the usual. I have to say the DH and DS did extremely well in the gift giving department this year, as I did not supply them with a list other than the 2 items mentioned. Oh I also got (for myself) a Cuisinart 800 watt mixer:blush:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I get much more enjoyment out of giving than receiving. Pet peeve of dw is I always tell her to spend the money on dd..

We did get new snowblower. Ours broke the night before a 12 inch storm!!

Santa gave DD a Wii, ipod, among other fun stuff.

joanna71985
12-26-2008, 02:58 PM
For me, I got:
*Mario and Sonic Olympic Games for the DS
*Carnival Games for the DS
*the new Guitar Hero game for the DS
*books
*cash, which is going towards an Ipod touch!

For my brother, I gave him a polo shirt. For my mom and grandma, I gave them candles (my mom collects them). I gave my dad a fleece sweatshirt. And for my 2 little brothers, me and my siblings pooled resources to get them a PS2 (they used to have one, but it broke). The look on their faces was total shock!

princessgirls
12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
We had a very Merry Christmas! Spent what we normally do, in our effort to boost the economy!

Hope everyone enjoyed time with their loved ones!

Julie:mickey:

pink
12-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I was lucky to get many nice things for Christmas. I got a Canon pink digital camera which I'm very happy with. My DBF also got me a printer that also has a fax machine, scanner and picture printer built in.

I hope everyone had a great holiday! :mickey:

Marci
12-26-2008, 06:30 PM
let see . . .I got

coach purse
coach sunglasses
pottery barn charging station
12 place setting - silverware set
garmin gps
new shoes
gc's to michaels, outback, movies
cordless phone
12 place setting - dinnerware
the whole line of taffy candy serving pieces
scrapbooking stuff
safe

Speedy1998
12-26-2008, 07:46 PM
The latest wave of Disney Treasures. Now I finally have a copy of Donald in Mathmagic land.

LauraleeH
12-26-2008, 09:31 PM
I love to give and I wasn't able to give a lot this year, but my family was very generous and I got a lot...including an iPod nano, a DVD, 2 books, Juicy Couture perfume, a sweater, money, and gift cards for Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Target, American Express and Wachovia (Cards to spend anywhere), Wendy's, Victoria's Secret, iTunes, PF Changs, and Regal Movie Theaters, plus a few extras.
The best gift was being with my family...I don't usually say "corny" stuff like that but it's so true...especially this year. My brother was in a horrible car accident 2 weeks ago and walked out of his totaled Mustang without a scratch. The cops and everyone involved said it is a miracle that he is with us today, and that we could be visiting his grave this Christmas. I do believe I had the best Christmas ever. It doesn't get any better than this.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-26-2008, 11:14 PM
My 2 favorite gifts are from my nephew/godsons and of course their Moms (my sisters). The 19 year old got me a Snowbaby with Tinkerbelle included in it since I collect them. And the 5 year old had a fleece jacket custom made from Disney in pink (my favorite color) with Tinkerbelle and my name on it. (Kat)
What good kids!

dmosher
12-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I got a new game for my Playstation called Disney's THink Fast! It's basically the BUZZ quiz game for Disney nuts. Lots of fun and DW and I have already played it many times. Oh and yes we are in our 30's... so what? hehe

:pipes:
D

PirateLover
12-27-2008, 12:44 AM
I'll start with what I gave:
Mom: Snoopy hugging Woodstock dancing thing from CVS, Phillies World Champs hat, Dirt Devil cordless hand vac
Dad: New tea kettle, "Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity" by Bill O'Reilly, Home Alone DVD collection
Brother: Eagles throwback tassel hat
Fiance: Seasons of Frasier and Family Guy, Apollo Creed American Flag ring shorts, Ghostbusters Venkman T-Shirt, Reckless Road GN'R book, Joker and Batman Hallmark ornaments, Dark Knight 1000 piece puzzle, WDW 16 month wall calender, and a retro WDW Fantasyland DVD

From Mom (I do have a dad but he has no clue what mom gets, lol!):
Price is Right for Wii (love it!), Clothes
Phillies World Championship stuff, Hallmark Ornaments -Lots of Disney, the Daughter ornament, this years Mary's Angels (I have them all), Lenox Minnie Ears ornament, New electric toothbrush, A really nice pair of mary janes from the You by Crocs line (Apparently a pair of boots are on back order), Variety of stationary with my name on it for teaching, Variety of Civil War and WWII trivia books (I teach Social Studies)

From Fiance:
Wall-E, Fraggle Rock the Complete Series (wasn't expecting this. I have the first 3 but they only released 4 as part of this set, you couldn't get it separately. I was very upset by this), Daily American trivia book, Phillies Championship book, Mickey and Jack Sparrow Hallmark ornaments, Woody doll (apparently an impulse buy at Disney Store. Very cute) and I feel like I'm forgetting something but It's too late I can't remember!

All in all it was a nice Christmas, both giving and receiving.

Tinkerfreak
12-27-2008, 10:52 AM
One of my favorite gifts given was from my youngest DD10 to my oldest DD13. When we went on our trip at the beginning of Nov. DD13 was admiring a lamp in Morocco at WS. She has wanted one of these lamps for a few years now but we just never wanted to spend the $60 on it plus shipping. Well we had left the shop and youngest DD10 asked me if her and I could go back in. She wanted to buy the lamp for her sister for Christmas. I told her it was expensive but she said she wanted to get it anyway. She spent all of the money she had left for souveniers but didn't have enough to pay the shipping. I was so proud of her for doing something so sweet and unselfish I paid the shipping cost. When her sister opened the lamp Christmas Day she was so excited and I could tell that DD10 was happy she bought it for her. I guess my best gift was the the gift of being proud of my daughter and knowing I have raised a caring thoughtful little girl.

hokies4life
12-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Well we haven't finished all our gift giving/receiving yet because of how our family's split up to celebrate the holidays, but I can start sharing my lists.

Gifts I (and BF) gave:
BF: Charging Station, Weather Station Clock, Root Beer Making Kit, Boxers, and a USB mixtape
Mom: Lion King Special Edition DVD, Cocktail Shaker set, scarf and gloves set, and earrings
Cousins: Racing Wheel for the Wii, 2 DS games, and an iTunes gift card
BFs Mom: Winterberry baking dish and Winterberry deviled egg tray

BFs Dad: Donald's Boat Christmas House, Virginia Tech ornaments
BFs Sister and BIL: Ornament and Christmas Elves for the front yard
BFs Brother and SIL: Ornament
BFs Nieces: Mario Kart, M&Ms Racing and 2 Wii Wheels

Gifts I got:
From BF: GPS, Turkish Cotton Robe, PJ set, MANY disney figurines to add to my collection :D
From Mom: Dish towels, Cookie Decorating Set, another souvenior from when she went to Beijing for the Olympics, and 2 Hallmark Ornaments
From BFs Parents (after I returned the DVD they got me that I already had :blush:): Wall-E, a Meat Thermometer, and Gold Earrings
From BFs Sister and BIL: Hallmark Ornament and Kitty Cat Picture Frame

We also got a bunch of stuff at after Christmas Sales. I know it may seem like alot of stuff in the lists, but after all the time we spent on ebay buying stuff and trolling sales we definitely got our money's worth :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
12-29-2008, 04:58 PM
My wonderful DH got me a sterling silver charm bracelet with Disney charms on it. Mickey, Minnie, Cinderella's carriage and slipper. He's so SWEET!

jrkcr
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
My DD's gave me the softest robe set I have ever felt! Plus, it is light pink-so pretty! I got slippers and fuzzy socks that match, lavendar bath salts, and godiva chocolate-all from the kids! My girls know what I like!! :cloud9:
Hubby gave me perfume-from NORWAY!! :mickey: He must have been very sneaky in November, cause I had no idea he had bought it at Epcot!

And Santa, gave me a Wiiiiiiii!!! :thumbsup: My right arm is in PAIN from playing all the sports so much! :tennis::boxing::golf::baseball::bowl:
And we got mario kart, 2 different star wars, zelda, speed racer, and another game in japanese(not sure what the title is). And I got the wii fit, but haven't set it up yet. Hopefully today...

SurferStitch
12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, as much as I love to give, it's also nice to get (I mean, let's be honest), so here's what I got:

From DH:

- Ultimate Wall-E robot (awesome)
- essica Simpson Fancy perfume w/ tote bag
- 3 rings from HSN
- Suzanne Somers necklace/earring set
- Bracelet from HSN
- Sweater, PJ's and makeup kit from Victoria's Secret
- 2 sweaters from Cache
- Sequined hoodie from Aero
- Black suede jacket from Coldwater Creek
- Bracelet and ring from Chico's

From Mom:

- Cool beauty bag from LL Bean (holds all kinds of toiletries and matches a duffle she got me last Christmas)
- Gift card for White House Black Market (already used - with their sales I got 5 times what the card was worth!)
- Sweater from Cache

What I bought DH:

- V-MODA Vibe Duo earbuds (he got them for me last year and I love them) for iPhone
- Crimson Trace lasergrip for his Glock
- loungewear from Disney Store
- Call of Duty "World at War" game and book
- sweater and turtleneck
- Wall-E custom fleece and Axiom tee (from Disney Shopping)
- He's planning on getting a new camera, so that's also part of his gift

DisneyLandMomma
12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
We mostly buy for the kids in our family. One DNephew(8) got Star Wars Clone Wars stuff; the other DN(1) got some mini balls, a toy guitar, and his name in wooden letter for his bedroom wall; our niece(3) got a baby doll set and candy land. Our DD(10) was SPOILED as always. She got a dollhouse w/family, furniture, and minivan. Club penguin plush w/6mo. membership, Bratz dolls, Hannah Montana dolls, HSM dolls, HSM bag, baby doll stuff, 2 games for her DS, some things from Club Libby Lu, gift cards to Wal-Mart and Baskin Robbins.

I got two things of rosebud salve from Sephora from my hubby.

SIL bought us all 2 day park hoppers to Disneyland, which we used Dec. 26-27. She had never been and we all had a great time.

thrillme
12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
My favorite gift was a Wii Fit. The hula hoops are KILLING me.

I have a ton of people I have to buy for but my DH got special floor mats for his truck (the special order kind that are sorta like a bowl with a dish drainer)...I gave my parents a gift certificate to Ruth Chris (a fancy smancy steak resturant where the waiters don't wear T-shirts or cowboy outfits).

Among several gifts for my Darling Son...he asked for "world peace" on his Christmas list. I gave it to him "world peaces"...I found a 3-D globe puzzle.

tinksmom02
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Our family got an early Christmas gift this year--my niece Kirra was born on Dec 4.

In addition, I finally got DH to take me to the jeweler's to have my engagement ring reset. It was supposed to be an anniversary gift (Oct). My ring never really fit right after I had DD 6 years ago. Anyway, the new ring is white gold, and my wedding band is yellow gold, so of course I had to get a new wedding band to match :blush: