PDA

View Full Version : DME made me cry last week!

TinkerbellT421
12-25-2008, 08:16 PM
So, I realized in the Double digit dance post I forgot to say why I am finally so excited....

About 3 weeks ago DBF and I were discussing that we should be seeing our DME package any day now....Well that week goes by....the start of the next week goes by...finally with no package in sight DBF gets to wondering and decides to call....He calls....and coming to find out they send our package to his old apartment address from TWO YEARS AGO!!! From our first trip! I could have died! I started to cry because all I could think of was that someone got our package at his old apartment. AND We are now only two weeks away and we might not get the new packages in time! So needless to say it doesnt end there....They apologize for the inconvenience, yada yada yada...they express ship it via Fedex...Now heres a kicker...last year they sent it to the right address....we also did that booking through the DVC number when we made the final reservations! Nobody noticed that they were two different addresses!?!? how could they possibly pull up his address from two years ago and not the one that is A) on the DVC paperwork and B) the most current one from this past Januarys trip!?!?

WEll, it still doesnt end...couple of days later which was last wedensday DBF is home sick, he goes out to get the mail comes back and finds a Fedex sticker on the door that says a package was left at the office...He walks to the office....They dont have it. Nothing was left under his name, or even his apartment number....so hes furious and Im completely distraught. The next day he goes home and sees another fede sticker saying its at the office....He goes to the office and FINALLY the package was there. Talk about stressing out! But finally the mystery of DME is over we have our package and we are all set to go! I have to start packing this weekend too! I feel like I have so much to do and so little time to do it in before we leave! AHHH!!! I need help!!!! I have to clean, package everything from christmas, pack for vacation, work, OH boy and all the project that I have to get done before we leave! I am completely stressing! HELP!!! :mickey:

Sunshine1010
12-25-2008, 11:20 PM
First....breathe.

Second...realize that the magic is awaiting.

Third...have a great time!

vizsla
12-26-2008, 06:15 AM
:thumbsup:

BMan62
12-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Two words ... Hakuna Matata!

No stress, no strain, no worries! WDW is mere days away! Before you know it, you'll be soaking in all that FL sunshine and have a Mickey induced smile from ear to ear!!!

We haven't even pulled our luggage out of storage yet!!! I have to do that sometime this weekend, probably when I put away the Christmas decorations. Only a 4 day trip, so we probably only need one bag! Maybe we'll get a blizzard up here and get stranded for a while at BWV????? (Wishful thinking!!!)

Enjoy what's left of 2008 and Happy New Year!

TinkerbellT421
12-26-2008, 09:51 AM
First....breathe.

Second...realize that the magic is awaiting.

Third...have a great time!

LOL! Thank you!!! Count to ten Tonya....breathe....pheww ok.....almost there!! Thank you sunshine! :mickey:

Two words ... Hakuna Matata!

No stress, no strain, no worries! WDW is mere days away! Before you know it, you'll be soaking in all that FL sunshine and have a Mickey induced smile from ear to ear!!!

We haven't even pulled our luggage out of storage yet!!! I have to do that sometime this weekend, probably when I put away the Christmas decorations. Only a 4 day trip, so we probably only need one bag! Maybe we'll get a blizzard up here and get stranded for a while at BWV????? (Wishful thinking!!!)

Enjoy what's left of 2008 and Happy New Year!

I PMed you my cell # we should get together for a drink at ESPN club or something!! I would love to meet some intercotees! :mickey:

WDWFanatic
12-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Everyone had some kind of glitch on their vacation. Just think, you already got yours out of the way, so only great things to come!:thumbsup:

Have a great trip!

teambricker04
12-26-2008, 02:21 PM
This happens to us all the time!!! We move a lot (not that I want to, that is a WHOLE other story that I am sure no one has time for), and every time we book a WDW trip, we have to verify our address a bazillion times in the process. Well, now they have our 3yo DS at the main contact! He gets all the mailings from Disney... snail mail AND email.

I am glad everything got squared away... Have a great vacation!!!

pdrlkr
12-26-2008, 03:49 PM
:thumbsup: :mickey:

Not2Loud
12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Sounds like its all good! Have a great time! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
01-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Have a great trip :mickey:

KathyMJ
01-01-2009, 09:04 AM
DME tags and boolets seem to give many people unnecessary stress.

There are often mishaps with those documents; they don't arrive, they arrive with the wrong info, they arrive blank.

But as long as Disney has your flight information in their system, you don't need to have the luggage tags or booklet. You just check in at the Magical Express desk in the airport, show your ID and baggage claim slip and all is well :D

I hope you have a great trip!!