PDA

View Full Version : WL cabins

stitchaholic
12-25-2008, 04:38 PM
anybody ever stay in the cabins,i think i have my sister and her 2 kids to come along,sice we wpould be 6,this may be an option,or 2 rooms in a value or moderate.
any opinions would be great.

wdw_bound
12-25-2008, 09:28 PM
We stayed in the cabins at FW (not WL) last October. We loved it, to the point that my kids have requested to stay there again (instead of WL, which they adore).

There is a bedroom with a double bed and twin bunks, a bathroom, kitchen, eating area and a Murphy bed in the living room. The deck is also a great place to hang out, especially if one of you is an early riser (like me).

I can highly recommend the cabins. Be sure to make enough time in your trip to enjoy the campgrounds as well.

stitchaholic
12-26-2008, 06:17 AM
we would be 4 kids and 2 adults,is the murphy bed comfy? also does it fit 2 people?

Cinderelley
12-26-2008, 06:22 AM
I love the cabins. It is such a relaxing atmosphere. DH & I slept on the murphy bed just fine. The kids enjoyed the bedroom. They don't have the typical Disney theming if that's what you're looking for though.

The only thing I really don't like about the cabins is the bus system. You have to take a bus to get to the bus that will take you to the parks. If you have young 'uns who may be asleep on the way back, it may be difficult.

CU Tiger
12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Next May we will be staying in the FW cabins for the fifth strait year. This is both a great place to stay and also a great bargain when compared to the other hotels for what you get. There is a lot to do in FW and what other places to stay can you sit on the deck with a beverage:beer::marg: while your kids are out playing or riding bikes? We also like the access to the other hotels, the boats, and you can shoot over to the contemporary and ride the monorail. It is also a great place to relax after a busy day at the parks.
As for the beds, they are comfortable and my DDs love the bunk beds.

dmosher
12-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Sorry, you are referring to Fort Wilderness right? Not certain as there are also the new tree house cabins, etc.. just a little confused.
:pipes:
D

Georgesgirl1
12-27-2008, 08:45 AM
DH and I stayed in the FW cabins for our honeymoon and we loved it. Not only did it give us lots of room, but we loved having the kitchen, which to me is a huge money saver. The murphy bed in our cabin was quite comfy and big enough for us. (Even though we were the only ones staying in the cabin we had to sleep in the murphy bed one night b/c I always wanted one when I was a little girl!)

The bus system can be a pain at FW, but we always drive down, so we just drive most places on property anyway!

ibrowse17
12-27-2008, 10:33 AM
We have camped at FW many times, but stayed in the cabins for the first time on our last trip. We loved it! You will have plenty of room, and the Murphy bed will hold two. The internal bus system can be a pain, but is not that bad once you get used to it. We usually get a cart, which provides a lot of freedom in getting around and exploring FW. Hope you have a great trip:thumbsup:

stitchaholic
12-27-2008, 06:57 PM
oh well,my sister is not coming,so we will stay at pop,the cabin is too expensive for me and the 2 kids alone.

Cinderelley
12-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry your sister can't make it. But I'm sure you'll have a great time at Pop!