PDA

View Full Version : Stupid DDP questions

Yvette
12-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Been a while since I"ve posted, but I lurk every day. :blush:

Thinking about adding dining to our package for May:

1. While I understand that appetizers are no longer included, what about combos that include an appetizer such as the Chef's Favorites at Le Cellier?

2. How is Sushi handled on the plan? Is it considered an appetizer or can it be substituted for an entree?

And seriously, since I am going to have to whip out my room card for drinks, appetizers, and the like, is it a hassle? I know that we can save a few bucks, I just don't want to have to waste time nitpicking the check.

Thanks guys

Strmchsr
12-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm honestly not sure about the first two questions, but as for the card, if you charge everything to your room it's not a hassle as the DDP is on the same charge. You just give the waiter the one card and they break it down for you what's covered by DDP and what's not so that you know how much you actually charged.

Crow
12-25-2008, 11:13 AM
yep if you want to charge to room and use DDP its all on your key to the world room card.
of course you may have stickershock at the end of the trip if you dont watch what you're spending.
true appetizers & tip aren't included anymore.
They do limit some of the choices I think.
Not sure if combo meals at sitdowns are included. and the sushi question is important to me as I like sushi & usually get it at CA Grill.
and I wonder about Tokyo Dining now, since sushi is a main thing there.

mom2morgan
12-25-2008, 02:19 PM
I was worried about using my card for the extras - I thought it would be a nuisance. For that reason, I carried cash for the tips. But after the first meal, I realized it was easy and convenient - they bring you the bill which shows any "extras" you've added on, and you can even add the tip right there (and just to make it easy for the mathematically challenged, they give "suggested" amounts of what a tip at 18% and 20% would be! LOL - kind of a subtle hint of how much they think we "should" be giving ;-). Then they take that, with your card, and run it through and bring it back for you to sign. I think that whole two step process would be the same even if there were no extras - show you the "bill", then take your card. So that part is easy! One thing Disney is very good at is finding easy, seamless, convenient ways to part us from our money :mickey:

Natazu
12-25-2008, 07:34 PM
1. While I understand that appetizers are no longer included, what about combos that include an appetizer such as the Chef's Favorites at Le Cellier?That is included in the dining plan. So is the "feast" at Marrakesh.

2. How is Sushi handled on the plan? Is it considered an appetizer or can it be substituted for an entree?Different restaurants handle sushi differently. For instance, California Grill allows sushi to be appetizers except for the Deluxe platters and the Snake in the Grass which are considered entrees.

And seriously, since I am going to have to whip out my room card for drinks, appetizers, and the like, is it a hassle? Yes, and Yes.

Ho Ho Ho

CardsFan81
12-26-2008, 09:15 PM
We just got back from Disney World and used the DDP. I wanted a sushi appetizer at Teppen Edo, so just paid for it a la carte. It's not a big deal at all to simply charge the extra to your room. Hope this helps.