PDA

View Full Version : Need XMas pick me up

BigRedDad
12-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Just looking for a little encouragement. I am feeling down right now. Everything seems to be going wrong.

First, my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer last week Tuesday. Chemo started Friday. He has spiraled down immensely since. The doctor has told everyone who wants to see him to do so within the next week. He leaves the hospital on Friday and will be under Hospice care at that point. The doctor is not sure they will even attempt a second Chemo. Now, my DD has a 104 degree fever, but it is going down. Hopefully, it was just some weird thing from her nap. Now, my best friend calls me to tell me that he has caught his wife cheating on him, she didn't even deny it and tried to blame him, on Christmas Eve even

Sorry for ranting and being depressing, but I just had to put it somewhere. Family is not too helpful at the moment because we are all in the same boat.

Strmchsr
12-24-2008, 05:50 PM
That really stinks. Sorry it's all so rough for you right now. I certainly can't fix it, but here's some Disney :pixie: coming your way.

Merry Christmas!

stitchaholic
12-24-2008, 06:08 PM
those are all good reasons to be down and out,as for your best friend,his problems will pass,you do not need to take on his problems at this time. your daughter will be well soon,a temporary virus i am sure.
i am sorry to hear about your dad,i have spent alot of time with my dad in the hospital,never knowing which direction it would go in,all you can do is be there with him,share memories,maybe some laughs,some tears and cherish the time left together,even if he is too ill to respond,he will know you are there and feel loved and cared for,and so will you.
take care of you.:angel: here is an angel to watch over you and yours this holiday season.

disneydeb
12-24-2008, 06:18 PM
TAke care, family and friends need your support now and you must be strong for them. Pray for strength for yourself, your father and your friend. I'll say a prayer right now on your behalf . Take care and God Bless you. Your situation will be on my heart, please keep us updated.

PirateLover
12-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Everything is always more upsetting around the holidays. It's supposed to be "The most wonderful time of the year" so when things go wrong, they are magnified even more. Here is some :pixie: for you and your family. I hope you can still have a nice Christmas.

Beast_fanatic
12-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry things are crashing down on you right now. Here's some :pixie: to help you through these difficult times.

mrsgaribaldi
12-25-2008, 03:10 AM
I will keep your dad and you in my prayers and I'm sending you loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:And a speedy recovery for DD too.

Katzateer
12-25-2008, 08:43 AM
:pixie:Sorry to hear about all that is happening-hope you get a little comfort from your friends at Intercot:grouphug:

BigRedDad
12-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Well, some good news on XMas morning and we will take anything no matter how small it is. My dad was able to drink a cup of milk and eat a bowl of oatmeal this morning. This is the first "meal" he has eaten in almost 4 weeks. Normally it is 2-3 bites of something a day at most.

weswerx
12-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: your way.

Sounds like your dad is doing a little better today...prayer really does work...and you even sound a little bit happier.

Even though things seem rough right now, try to make a list of all the good things that have happened in your life...it's a great way to keep things in perspective and to remind you that there is still some good out there.

Wishing you the best this holiday season :candy:

Cinderelley
12-25-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm glad to hear about your Christmas "miracle" this morning. You and yours are in my prayers.

TinkerbellT421
12-25-2008, 07:47 PM
I am so very sorry to hear everything that is going on with you, especially during this time of year makes it worse. I am sending tons or prayers and pixie dust to help you through it all. I know its not easy with Chemo, through personal experience with my father as well, I can relate to how you must feel. So I just wanted to make sure I told you to stick through and stay strong. Thats what my dad told me to do, he said it would be doing it for him, helping him through it by me being strong with him and for him. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-26-2008, 11:25 PM
I hope your DD is feeling better? And I'm glad to hear your Dad was able to eat something. Pixie dust that he's felling even better soon. And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully his situation will work out for the best too.
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

pink
12-27-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry you were hit with so many horrible things at once. I hope your DD is feelings better and that is good news about your dad that he is eating. Keep staying positive. :mickey:

BigRedDad
01-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Thank you all for the replies. My father passed away on 12/31 at 6AM. We are not thankful he is gone, but the cancer was so consuming that we are thankful it went so quickly. He weighed 220lbs on 12/20. When he passed, he weighed 140lbs.

As bad as I thought I had it, my brother had it worse. 9 days prior, his best friend's father passed away. About 3 hours after my dad passed, his pastor called to tell him a good friend's father just committed suicide.

All I can say is 2008 was a very bad year and we can only hope 2009 will be much better.

WDWFanatic
01-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved father. I'm also sorry for all the other stress that your family and your brothers family is going through.

You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tinkerfreak
01-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I am really sorry that you and your family are going through such a rough time. I don't know you but I can tell you that we are all here to listen whenever you need us. Sometimes even though we can't do anything to make your situation better it helps just to have someone to talk to. You can talk to us without feeling like you are burdening us like you might feel if talking to family or friends who are also going through a tough time. Please don't feel like you are "rambling on" or anything like that. Just log on, vent and know that we are all listening and wishing you the best.

cer
01-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss.

MNNHFLTX
01-08-2009, 02:58 PM
:( I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. Sending prayers of comfort out to you.

Disneyatic
01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I am so very sorry for you loss. We will keep your family in our prayers.
We had the same experience with my grandmother in 2007, it was very fast from diagnosis to her passing, but in the end we were thankful that it was quick because of how terrible the cancer was.

May the fact that he is now healed and in a better place give you and your family comfort.

Magic Smiles
01-09-2009, 06:34 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, but your father is now out of pain. I have to agree about 2008 not being a good year. I lost my mother quite suddenly in Nov 08.
Take care.:mickey:

Diznee4Me
01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I am sorry for all you have been going through. You'll be in our thoughts. Let's definetely pray for a better 2009.