PDA

View Full Version : VPN Access

tarzan_rocks
12-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have experience connecting to a VPN from a Disney resort hotel? I know they have Internet access available for $10/day. However, I’ve experienced at other hotels that Internet access can be limited to web traffic only (i.e. http, https, ftp, smtp, etc.). I tried calling and all I get is a generic “Yes, we have Internet access”.

If I don’t know for sure that I’ll be able to connect my work’s VPN from Pop Century, then I’ll need to cancel or reschedule my trip. So if anyone out there has done this, please let me know. I’d like to know first-hand that I’ll be able to do this so I can still take my wife to Disney for her birthday.

Thank you.

tr

big blue and hairy
12-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok, I give up. What's a VPN?

:sulley:

VWL Mom
12-24-2008, 02:01 PM
DH connects to his from WL. Somedays it goes right through and other days it takes forever. Would probably suggest taking your IT guys phone number in case there is a problem. On-site support cannot help. Good luck.

VWL Mom
12-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Ok, I give up. What's a VPN?

:sulley:
VPN is a Virtual Private Network. It connects to your office system.

ElenitaB
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I've never had a problem connecting to our VPN, dating back to 2002. I've connected to my office network from the following resorts on property: Contemporary, POFQ, OKW, VWL, BWV. Good luck!

mickeefan
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I had no problems connecting to our VPN recently during the first week of December.

Heller109
12-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I wasn't able to connect to my company's VPN during our trip this month at the Contemporary. It didn't matter too much to me so I didn't push it. I just checked my blackberry from time to time.

Jenn

GrumpyFan
12-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I stayed at the Dolphin and Pop Century in June of 2008, and (sadly) had no trouble connecting to my company's VPN. I say sadly, because I was summoned to connect and help resolve an issue that arose while I was on vacation.

badkitty
12-31-2008, 02:05 AM
I too, sadly, have no trouble connecting with my company's VPN last Feb. (Didn't really want to work on vacation!) Once I got connected to the Internet, I was able to connect the VPN.

Next trip I am leaving the computer home!