PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Sunday at WDW?

gwfx1031
12-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Outside of the ESPN Zone, are there any places you would recommend to hang out at to watch the big game?

Beast_fanatic
12-24-2008, 02:35 PM
The game will be on in the lounges in the resorts.

ibrowse17
12-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Last year, the game was on everywhere we went. You will have no problems finding the game:thumbsup:

Guapo
12-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Outside of the ESPN Zone, are there any places you would recommend to hang out at to watch the big game?

I would recommend any place OTHER than ESPN Zone.

I found that place to be intolerable on a regular football sunday. I can't imagine how crazy it must get on Super Sunday. (but that's just me...)

Suz36
01-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Last year, the game was on everywhere we went. You will have no problems finding the game:thumbsup:

Did you think the game affect the crowd levels at the park?

Volksjager
01-12-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm thinkin' poolside, main pool SSR, at the bar may not be a bad choice...

ibrowse17
01-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Did you think the game affect the crowd levels at the park?

It had no affect on crowd levels in the parks that I could see. While it did increase the number of folks in the resort lounges, most people could have cared less about the Super Bowl. We had dinner at Ohana's that night, and most folks were watching it only while waiting for their table.:thumbsup:

Piglet822
01-13-2009, 08:29 PM
It had no affect on crowd levels in the parks that I could see. While it did increase the number of folks in the resort lounges, most people could have cared less about the Super Bowl. We had dinner at Ohana's that night, and most folks were watching it only while waiting for their table.:thumbsup:

No disrespect intended but the Super Bowl has not been played yet. I think what you were seeing was one of the games that will help decide who is playing in the Super Bowl :)

WDW5150
01-18-2009, 12:30 AM

I think you missed this earlier post from ibrowse. He was refering to last years game.

Piglet822
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
I think you missed this earlier post from ibrowse. He was refering to last years game.

My bad :blush:

ibrowse17
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
All is forgiven:thumbsup: Outside of Alabama games I watch very little football on TV, which I guess is funny as I am a football coach. I think I get so much of it at work, that it is a bore for me at home. What ever the reason, it makes my DW very happy that I do not bring my work home.

Mandykay
01-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I've watched the Super Bowl at Planet Hollywood. They had the game on all those huge TV's (instead of the movie clips and videos they normally have playing) so that was cool. We saw almost the whole first half, and then went back to the resort bar and watched the second half.

CaptainSad
01-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Don't get me wrong. Why would you want to watch the SB when you are at WDW? If I was down at that time, it would be the furthest thing from my mind.

Mandykay
01-23-2009, 10:19 AM
I watch the Super Bowl because I love football! It's a few hours out of my night (it's not like I'm starting with the pregame stuff at noon), and at that time of year the parks aren't open very late anyway.

KatMark
01-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't get me wrong. Why would you want to watch the SB when you are at WDW? If I was down at that time, it would be the furthest thing from my mind.

I'm with you on that! Even if my team were in it, I would care less...but that's me.

Back to the original topic, I know that the Rix Lounge at the Coronado is having a Super Bowl Party.