PDA

View Full Version : A hypothetical question...

mom2morgan
12-23-2008, 11:18 PM
this ALMOST happened to me, but I made it to dinner after all. Still, I'm curious about what would have happened. Our first day, I was feeling pretty sick, and didn't know if I'd make it to dinner. We had a reservation booked for 4, so of course that costs 4 Table Service credits. Now, if I had NOT gone to dinner that night, or just gone to sit and keep the others company, would they still have charged us 4 TS credits? Or would they have just charged us 3 and then I could use mine later? What I was ACTUALLY thinking of doing was skipping Cindy's Table and then using the 2 "saved" credits for my hubby and I to have dinner at Boatwright's later in the week. But I got talking to another lady in the resort who said she thought they'd charge for all 4 anyway, since the spot had already been reserved. (and therefore can't be filled by another guest).

disneygal01
12-23-2008, 11:44 PM
We actually had this happen to us when we went down last year. One of the kids got sick, (but he was over 9 so he was counted as an adult) and they didn't charge us for his meal that wasn't eaten or ordered. They even accomodated us as we were over an hour late between him being sick and the monorail being backed up. As long as you call them and let them know ahead or you let them know when you arrive they are usually pretty understanding.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-23-2008, 11:57 PM
I know that for a "regular" restaurant, they are understanding if something comes up.

My Mom couldn't make it to Crystal Palace with us last year, she was just too wiped out, and there wasn't a problem, nor did they charge us for her TS-credit.

However, I *think* CRT may be a different matter, there may be a charge if everyone doesn't show up. There is a cancellation charge if the whole group doesn't show up, but I'm not 100% sure about just one person!

DisneyGlutton
12-24-2008, 01:42 AM
It probably depends on the restaurant. When I was making my ADR's, some of them required my credit card (for Cali Grill and the Candlelight Processional Package at Coral Reef) and required a 48 hour cancellation.

I also asked about what would happen if I couldn't make it to another ADR; they said they would hold it for 15 mins but that we wouldn't be charged if we didn't show up.

If that ever happens again, I would call 409 WDW Dine (or go to the concierge if you're on property) and let them know the situation. Most likely you'll just be canceling the ADR so that it opens up for someone else. Though if you hadn't showed up, and it was almost any restaurant other than CRT, I would be shocked if you would've been charged.

DizneyRox
12-24-2008, 07:06 AM
CRT, and the other pay before you go restaurants, are supposed to charge for no shows. They are very popular and want to discourage people from booking and then not showing, which would take a seat away from from someone else.

If you get a nice CM though, I've seens them NOT charge even though the cancellation was made after the grace period.

Most TS places however don't have a cancellation policy and no-shows are just part of doing business. Walk ups will easily fill the enpty table and they are no worse off.

mom2morgan
12-24-2008, 11:59 AM
CRT, and the other pay before you go restaurants, are supposed to charge for no shows. They are very popular and want to discourage people from booking and then not showing, which would take a seat away from from someone else.

I sort of see that but sort of don't. I can see if the whole PARTY didn't show up, but it seems silly for 1 person. After all, it's not like they would seat another single person with the other three members of my family in my missing spot at the table for four! I suspect they'd be fairly generous if they know someone is sick - miserable enough to spend a Disney vacation with the stomache flu! ;-)

DizneyRox
12-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately, this is Di$ney we're talking about, not Disney...

ElenitaB
12-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Consistently, I have found that Disney is extremely accomodating when someone in a party is missing due to illness.

The more information they have, the more than can help. There have been times we've been late because of transportation troubles and I've called WDW-Dine from the bus, explaining the situation. Our reservations have always been held for us. So, like LuvsWDWfood, our experience is that you wouldn't have been charged a penalty. It's not like you were planning to be sick... They still had their 4-top filled.