PDA

View Full Version : DDP- Should I this time?

Crow
12-23-2008, 02:43 PM
The only times Ive used DDP were for the free times. Im not a big fan really but next trip is w the nephews 13 & 15(their first time). I dont eat many times a day but they will want to eat.
The new quick dining plan would probably be ok for them, but i like sitdowns also.
I just wish the DDP would let you choose app or dessert as i would prefer Apps. and that the tip was still included.
Now if the $39 plan included refillable mug I would take that.
so whos going w the dining plan next yr and which one?

ElenitaB
12-23-2008, 08:37 PM
With two teens, I'd suggest you get the full dining plan. Buffets might be a good idea as they can eat to their heart's content and you won't have the "picky eater factor" to contend with either.

mrmcgiv
12-23-2008, 11:09 PM
We just went with a 4 and 7YO. The dining plan was time consuming and sooo much food it seemed, however you still can not beat it. I think we will probably always end up getting it in the end.

stitchaholic
12-24-2008, 05:24 AM
i go with my 7 and 9 year old,we take the basic DDP,the one TS per day is a nice respite from the parcs and the kids get to meet some characters without waiting in line ,and i love the buffets as my DS is a very picky eater,and while i like to sit and rest he can get up and go to the buffet until he is content.

VWL Mom
12-24-2008, 07:53 AM
I have 2 boys, 13 & 16 on our last trip. There are days when they would prefer to skip eating and move to their next ride. TS reservations can sometimes get in the way. Their idea of lunch doesn't necessarily mean a meal just something to hold them over. A granola bar, popcorn, & funnel cakes are just a few things that come to mind.

Depending on their energy level and considering this is their first trip, you may want to skip the DDP altogether. I would say book some TS so you are happy and wing the rest.

luvdiznee
12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Been wondering the same thing here, too. It will be me and DD11. The idea of paying adult DP price for her with a small appetite doesn't sit too well. :(

BugeyedMuggy
12-27-2008, 04:39 PM
We know with teenagers making dining ressies get in the way of the fun. Maybe try to eat counter service and share this time. Just a suggestion. But definately get the refillable mugs.

nicjohn3
12-27-2008, 05:20 PM
We just started doing the dining plan the last two times that we went. We have 2 sons-4 and 6. One will eat anything and everything, however, the other will not eat but a bite or two. I think it is definitely worth it for my younger sons who only pay $10 a day for the plan. I keep saying when they get old enough and have to pay the adult price at age 10, we will not purchase it. It is ALOT of food and we tend to over do it because it is in front of us and dont want to waste it :blush:

We just went in November and kept all of our receipts --for 1TS, 1CS, and 1S for 7 days, 2 adults and 2 children we would have spent $1100 out of our pocket if we did not have the dining plan. Granted we would not have purchased the desert every meal either. To give you a better idea if you plan to eat in the parks--a CS meal and drink will probably cost you around $12-$15 a person and a TS may cost you around $20-$30 per entree and drink. A soda or water throughout the day may cost around $2-$3. A snack --popcorn or pretzels or ice cream will cost around $2-$4. Deserts usually cost $6-$10 or so.

If the boys like to eat--definitely worth the money. It also allows you not to have to worry about how much you are spending on food, because you have all ready paid for it. You can even try "new" things.

If you use the dining plan--I suggest using it for an early lunch and a dinner where the prices are higher. We usually used our snack credit to get a pastry in the food court before leaving the resort. We bought the refillable mugs from the resort so we had a coffee, soda, or tea to drink whenever we were at the resort (for breakfast). They are about $13, but with drinks at resort being about $3, it did not take long to have it paid for.

Have fun!!

BMan62
12-27-2008, 06:46 PM
We are going in a little over 8 1/2 days and are purchasing the standard dining plan. It is just DW and myself. We will be staying 3 nights and 4 full days. We will have one 'sit down' meal each of the 3 evenings, use our snack credits for something light for breakfast, then use the CS credits for our 4th day - a breakfast and then a late lunch before we have to leave for the airport. The final CS credit may or may not be used. We will still consider the price well worth it for convenience sake. The amount we will save will probably be negligible.

Dinners will be: Hollywood & Vine (a first for us;) Tutto Italia (twice before;) and Grand Floridian Cafe (once before.)

Nurse Kim
12-28-2008, 01:40 PM
We are purchasing the DDP for our March trip. On our first trip with just the kids and I we didn't have the dining plan and we stayed offsite. NEVER again. Our kids are 13,13 and 16On our first trip the kids never really hollered they were hungry but they were thirsty alot. They are fairly big eaters when we did eat though. I have gone back and forth many times whether or not to do it but convenience and having it paid for in advance seems to be worth it to us.