PDA

View Full Version : Changes to MARCH PARK HOURS

Nurse Kim
12-23-2008, 12:23 PM
I was putting the final touches on our ADRs today and decided to take a look at the park hours again. I noticed the park hours have changed from what was posted earlier. It seems if they consider this peak season/spring break season the park hours would be later than 8 or 9 pm.

This is really disappointing considering they put out the 4/3 deal to boost attendance but didn't extend park hours. I guess this is an indication that maybe the deal didn't boost bookings like they thought it would.

I almost decided to change our dates to the end of March when park hours are 10 or 11 pm but we are going to leave things the way they are. I made changes to our ADRs with no problem and we were able to get all the restaurants and times we wanted. I am just happy we are going and will be there for 11 days, 10 nights:marg:

WDWFanatic
12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up. We are going in April so I'll keep an eye on it also.

We still can't make our ADR's yet, so we don't have that problem. It's driving many people crazy, but my DH wants to "wing it" this year so I'm hoping I can change his mind by the time we can make ADRs.

chrisb26
12-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I noticed they did this with the January hours as well. When I first looked MK was supposed to close pretty early then I looked again this week and it was staying open later.

Perhaps they do this based on bookings. So they may change the park hours again.

WDWFanatic
12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I just went and checked April hours and YUP, they've changed also. MK, AD and HS are all closing early some of the days we are there. I'm guessing they will change a few more times before we get there. The weird part is they now have HS closing at 8:30, weird time.

the other micki
12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the "heads up". I 'll be checking the April hours!

Ian
12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
This is really disappointing considering they put out the 4/3 deal to boost attendance but didn't extend park hours. I guess this is an indication that maybe the deal didn't boost bookings like they thought it would.Actually, they most likely did it because of the 4/3 offer they made. Obviously, guests on the 4/3 don't generate as much revenue as guests who pay full price, so in order to compensate and keep profits up they close the parks early and cut expenses.

buzznwoodysmom
12-24-2008, 10:09 AM
From all I've been reading it doesn't appear that the 4/3 deal helped as much with the low numbers as Disney was hoping. Perhaps this decrease in park hours is because Disney is still expecting lower than normal crowds this year. We are going in June and I don't mind having few hours in the park if that is due to lower crowds.