PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Speedweeks/2nd wk of Feb crowds?

SandmanGStefani24
12-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I am planning a trip to see the "Duel" races at Daytona and could potentally get to the world for a day of two, so what can I expect crowd wise during the 2nd week of Feb? Should be there tuesday and wed, as the races are on thursday. Thanks!

faline
12-23-2008, 07:59 PM
We've been twice for the Daytona 500 and, on the second trip, also did the Thursday race.

On both trips we stayed at Disney and drove to Daytona. On the first trip, we primarily stayed at Disney because I was getting further and further away from Daytona in trying to find reasonable acccommodations. Hmmmm....perhaps I can combine this with a trip to Disney!

The Daytona 500 is run on Presidents' Day weekend. In my experience, the week leading into Presidents' Day isn't bad at Disney. As you get closer to the weekend, the crowds increase. And following the Daytona 500, you can expect Disney crowds to be quite large - we found it difficult to walk from one end of Fantasyland to the other.

It was relatively easy to drive to and from the Thursday races. However, the drive to and from the Daytona 500 is a real challenge! It's a very long and tiring day but it's also a really neat, though very, very huge track!

SandmanGStefani24
12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
awesome! I'm so glad to see someone else here has done what I plan to do. Great info! Fortunately I plan to see the 500 from home so I will be in the non-crowded confines of my home. I will also be staying in or around WDW and driving in, so glad to see that choice works well. :rocks: