PDA

View Full Version : Epcot on Christmas Day

Jeri Lynn
12-22-2008, 01:33 PM
My SIL is in Florida and some of their friends want them to go to Epcot on Christmas day. She is wondering how bad the crowds are.

Any input?

TIA

krose78
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
I would say tell ger to go ahead we had a great time there last year on christmas day. We spent most of the day going around the countries and listening to the storytellers.

Goes4FastPass
12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Crowds will be bad.

FastPasses will gone before midday.

World Showcase will be like standing in an elevator.

You'll stand in line to do everything. A food kisosk will call for a decision not of what to order but is that long line worth it.

I think it's all possible and enjoyable with an expectation of crowds.

Honestly, I think sometimes when people ask, "Will it REALLY be crowded?" on one of the always most crowded days of the year they're really asking, "If I close my eyes and say 'Jimminy Cricket' three times will the crowd magically go away?"

Jeri Lynn
12-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I knew it would be a crowded day but I have always heard it is more crowded in the Magic Kingdom. I personally wouldn't go to any park on a major holiday but SIL's friends seem to want to go, I will pass on the information.

Jasper
12-22-2008, 04:27 PM
As has already been said, yes, it will be crowded. However, when comparing it to the other parks it doesn't seem as bad. Several years ago we did Epcot on Thanksgiving Day and it was packed but manageable. Well, late in the day we decided to hop over to the Magic Kingdom because this was the last day of our trip and I JUST HAD TO DO Carousel of Progress one last time before we left. Boy was that ever a mistake!!!!!!

I think a big part of the difference is how the parks are laid out. At the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom the streets and pathways are by the nature of the theme going to be more narrow than what you will find in the Future World part and to a lessor degree the World Showcase part of Epcot. Disney Studios is kind of somewhere in between depending on what part of the park you are in.

Since you have so much more wide open space at Epcot you can put in many more people than at MK and AK and still not feel as claustrophobic. Frankly, I was disappointed with how Disney laid out AK and some parts of the Studios after seeing the success they had in managing crowds at Epcot. I still think they could have made the paths wider and still carried the theme throughout the park. Plus, when the streets are packed with people and you get hemmed in by all the plants at AK the humidity seems a billion times worse than at Epcot with its wide open vistas. (OK, wide open vistas may be an exaggeration but in comparison the exaggeration does work.)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I would like to point out something. I live by Universal Studios....and I still heard the fireworks from the finale for Epcot.