PDA

View Full Version : American Idol at HS?

hardingella
12-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I remember reading on here a few months ago about Disney introducing an American Idol style competition at HS. At the time the idea didnt seem very popular with many intercoters.
I was wondering if it ever happened, and if it did what was it, or is it like?

BMan62
12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
That is not opening until sometime in February.

Not looking forward to "reality TV" in WDW!!!

chrisb26
12-22-2008, 12:06 PM
The American Idol Experience is still happening although it hasn't opened just yet. I believe it is supposed to open Late January - Early February somewhere around then.

I haven't heard of too many people that are really excited for it. Personally I doubt I'll go see it as I don't like American Idol but that is just me, can't speak for others.

lindique
12-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I attended a Passholder Preview Tour of the American Idol facility about 10 days ago. They took us to see the audition rooms and the audience theater, and explained what's going to happen.

There will be 7 shows a day - 6 during the day, and then the 6 winners will compete in the evening finale to become the daily winner. The daily winner will evidently receive some sort of a "fast pass" to compete in the regional auditions for the regular show.

There will be auditions going on most of the day for the 6 shows. The winners of the auditions will then have some time to prepare one song from a list to sing in the competition.

I hope I got this right - maybe someone else can fill in what I didn't remember.

3Cabsfan
12-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm still scratching my head as to why Disney decided to put this attraction in. I am afraid it is not going to be a big draw for very long. It does not interest me or my family in the least bit. I think I'll enjoy it as much as I do the big blue sorcerer's hat that is blocking the view of the Chinese Theater.

joelkfla
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
I think I'll enjoy it as much as I do the big blue sorcerer's hat that is blocking the view of the Chinese Theater.
:rotfl:

albino_pygmy
12-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I dunno why all the negative comments to the new Idol attraction, as if you guys can't clearly see, they're trying to promote Drew Carrey's Sounds Dangerous attraction by putting Idol next door to it, making Drew Carrey the lesser of two snorefested headaches :D

hardingella
12-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I dunno why all the negative comments to the new Idol attraction, as if you guys can't clearly see, they're trying to promote Drew Carrey's Sounds Dangerous attraction by putting Idol next door to it, making Drew Carrey the lesser of two snorefested headaches :D

OK, from the UK. Whos Drew Carrey?. Heard of Jim but not Drew!

My worry about this AI thing is, what use is winning the daily final if you live outside of America? Are Disney going to fly us back and pay for our hotel?.I dont think so!:confused:

BMan62
12-23-2008, 12:18 PM
OK, from the UK. Whos Drew Carrey?. Heard of Jim but not Drew!

My worry about this AI thing is, what use is winning the daily final if you live outside of America? Are Disney going to fly us back and pay for our hotel?.I dont think so!:confused:

That would be comedian Drew Carey - "Sounds Dangerous" in DHS.

I think there are a lot of things that were not taken into account when they devised the AI attraction. Certain things like: age limitations, country of origin, how many people really enjoy AI on TV, etc.

Stich8818
12-23-2008, 12:22 PM
For me...and this is just imo...The show is going into it's 8th season...the ratings were down last year compared to the other seasons. So why add something that may or may not be around in a few years. So they have wasted all that money for what?..I feel that HS neeeded another attraction other then this one...Another addition to Pixar Place?...Backlot tour updated?..Something that will be around later then AI..

lindique
12-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Stich, actually, I think this was a very cheap addition to the Studios. The auditorium was already there from "Superstar Television". All they really had to do was put in a few neon signs and a voting panel next to the chairs. Hardly a lot of money compared to what an "E" attraction would have cost.