PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating FAMILY! Pre-trip report!!

mickey&missy
12-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I’m giving this to you a little early as the next 2 weeks or so prove to be VERY busy!

Cast of Characters;
Me- Mickey&missy, SAHM Mom of 3 wonderful kiddos and 1 furbaby named Pluto! Disney freak, OCD planner!
DH– hard working, kid at heart Daddy. Closet Disney nut
DD7– Beautiful, genius of a child who has a heart of gold and attitude like no other! HUGE Disney fan! Can’t wait to meet Tink and the other Fairies and ride HM for the first time!
DS6– Sweetest, most pure hearted kid in the world! Also a HUGE Disney fan! Can’t wait for Star Tours, Indiana Jones and TSM!
DS 18 months– Funny, lovable little guy who LOVES Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh!

Wow, this trip has had so many incarnations I’m even sure where to start! Thanks to the very best TA in the world, Kathy at MJ, everything is planned and in the bag and we saved a HUGE amount of money!!!

Originally we were taking my sister, her DH and their 3 kids with us on this trip and staying POR 1/2 – 1/10. But, due to some unforeseen circumstances they are unable to go with us.:(

When they cancelled DH and I talked briefly about what to do and decided it wasn’t fair to our kiddos not to go. We changed our trip to match the needs of just the 5 of us a little more. We changed to WL club level 1/3 – 1/9!

Then the 4 and 3 deal came out!!!! Oh my! Thanks to Kathy, the very best TA in the entire world, we are staying at WL 1/3 – 1/11. Courtyard view, bunkbed room!!! To top it off we are saving a enormous amount of $$!!!

So here’s the plan!!

Saturday, January 3rd we have an 11:35 am Southwest flight from Islip, NY to Orlando! This is a first for us. Every other time we’ve flown we’ve taken a 7 am flight and had to get up very, very early to get to the airport! It will be nice to have the alarm going off at 3 am!
We land at 2:25 pm. We’ll take ME to WL. This will be our first trip on ME! We’ve always taken a limo! I’m excited to do it! We’ll check in and hope our room is ready! I’m hoping and praying that the lodge Christmas decorations will still be up!! I may pass out at the sight of that tree!!

We have a rooms only reservation for this day so anytime we have will be spent resting and taking in the Lodge!

We have a 6pm ADR at Whispering Canyons Café for dinner and then it will be off to the room and sleep for an early morning the next day!

Sunday, January 4th Up early!! I have to check out and check back in. We were able to take advantage of the 4 and 3 deal that way! Our package starts today, MYWPH + dining, the dining plan is also something new for us!
We’ll take the boat to MK! I LOVE the boats from WL to MK! I hope to be there before rope drop! DH will go rent the stroller for the big kids. DS6 still needs it. He hates walking anywhere.

I'll take the kiddos and head to Harmony Barber Shop!! DS1 will be getting his very first haircut today!! I’m very excited he’s going to get his very first haircut in MK! DH is very excited that he’ll finally be getting a haircut!

Then we’ll head to the bakery to get some cinnamon rolls for breakfast!! Yummmmmmmmy!

DD gets to pick the first ride this trip, the kiddos take turns. She’s been kind of going back and forth about what she wants. But, lately her idea is PhilHarMagic!! That’s my girl!! PhilHarMagic is my very favorite thing at WDW!! After that we’ll hangout in MK for awhile until it time to take our first Monorail ride of the trip!

We have a 1:25 lunch adr at Kona!! This is a first for us! Lapu Lapu here I come! After lunch we’ll head one monorail stop over and visit GF! I really want to see the gingerbread house and this is the last day for it! Yipppeee!!

After that we may head back to WL for a bit. But, we have to be out of the room by 4, I have a surprise for the family that is scheduled to be arriving at our room between 4 and 6 thanks to the wonderful folks at Disney Florist.

For the evening we’ll head to DHS to see the Osbourne Lights!! This is the last night and I’m soooo excited to see them!!!

After the lights we’ll head back to WL! I know the kids are going to freak when they see the surprise that will be waiting!!!

Monday, January 5th We’ll have an early breakfast at Roaring Forks and head to DHS. Todays must do’s, Indiana Jones, Star Tours and of course Toy Story Mania!!

We have an 2:35 adr at 50’s PTC! We really enjoyed this in 06!

After that we’ll hang out in DHS and see Fantasmic at 6:30. DS6 and I missed this in March because he was VERY sick. We’re both excited to get a chance to see it this trip!

After that it will be back to WL to bed!

Tuesday, January 6th, we have an 8:30 am breakfast at Whispering Canyons! We’ve never had breakfast there and I think it will a fun way to start the day!

After breakfast we’ll head to AK!

Must do’s in AK, Safari, FOTLK, and Nemo Musical. DH and DD will go on Kali while I wait with the boys. DS1 is obviously too small and DS6 for some reason has no interest what so ever in going on Kali.

When we’re done at AK my intention is to take the bus to AKL and then the bus from AKL to DTD. We have a 6 pm ADR at Planet Hollywood BUT we are going to try to be seated at T-Rex Café first. DS6 really wants to eat there! Planet Hollywood is my back up plan. If we can get into T-Rex, which I’m figuring we will, I’ll call over to Planet Hollywood and cancel our ADR so they aren’t waiting for us to show.

We’ll hangout at DTD for a little and shop!! I’d really like to go to Goofy’s Candy Shop, we’ve never been!

After that back to WL for bed!

Wednesday, January 7th wake and eat breakfast at Roaring Forks, without messing up our clothes! We have a 9:30 am portrait session at WL with photopass! DH and I are excited about this!! We LOVE WL and think it will make a beautiful backdrop for some family photos!

After our photos we’ll head to Epcot and hit World Showcase!

We have a 6:05 ADR at Akershus! This is another first for us! I think it will be great!
Then off to find a spot for Illuminations! I wonder if they’ll have the new Celebration overlay yet. I read about it but didn’t see a date. I’m wondering how they’re going to tie Illuminations into the What will you Celebrate theme!

Then back to WL for bed!

Thursday, January 8th We may try to hit MK for EMH, we’ll see!! No matter, we’ll be in MK today!! DD has a 10:10 appt at BBB to get her hair, makeup and nails done, DS6 is getting the cool dude at 10:25!

After that we’ll follow our hearts and see what comes!

We have a 5:05 ADR at Chef Mickey’s! This is a must do for us!! We always have a blast!

Then we’ll head back to MK for Spectromagic at 7. We have never seen it and, I swear, it’s killing me! Wishes is at 8 so we’ll see that and head back to WL!

Friday, January 9th Up very early and head to MK! We have an 8:20 am ADR at the Crystal Palace! I can’t wait to see an empty MK again! Breakfast at the Crystal Palace is new to us! We’ve had dinner twice and lunch once. We’re excited to have breakfast!! DS1 LOVEs Winnie the Pooh right now so it should be a lot of fun!!

After breakfast we’ll head to Epcot and enjoy Future World! Must do’s in Future World, Soarin (I’ll most likely stay with DS1 and DH will take the bigger kiddos) Seas with Nemo, DH wants to see display he read about in one of his engineering magazines that I believe has something to do with weather and your home, it is in Innoventions not sure which one.

Late afternoon we’ll head to Yacht and Beach Club and go to Beaches and Cream!! We’ve never been there and I’m reallllllly looking forward to it!

Then we’ll most like have an early night and head back to WL!

Saturday, January 10th This will be a kind of leisurely day! Breakfast at Roaring Forks then we’ll go to any park we may want to do again or head to MK! MK is always good for us because the kids love all the rides!

We have a 6:25 ADR at Tony’s for dinner. I know a lot of people dislike Tony’s but I really like the eggplant they have!

Wishes is at 8 that night then back to WL!

Sunday, January 11th Our last day, but I can’t be too sad. We’re staying 2 1/2 extra days and saving sooo much money!! Plus, DH and I will be back in March for our anniversary!
We’ll either eat breakfast at Roaring Forks or at the Main Street Bakery! Then spend some time in our favorite park before we leave!

Our ME pickup should be around 2:30ish and we’ll be on our way home!

The only thing that may throw a kink in works of my plan is when the Giants are playing their playoff game the weekend of the 10th and 11th. DH is a HUGE Giants fan and can't miss the game! He's worried they might play while we're in the air on the way home. That would be a huge issue! I'm secretly hoping to get 1 more night at WDW! :secret:

I'll be back with the TR when we return!

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Melissa,
I wish you and your family such a beautiful trip!! WL is fantastic and what a wonderful way to wrap up the holiday season! Your plans sound wonderful, I am looking forward to reading all about it when you return. You made great ADR's. You will love Kona, and of course enjoy Spectromagic for your first time as well!! I love feeling your excitement from your post! When I met you in NYC, I could tell we loved WDW the same way! Here's wishing you a magical trip with your family!
Lisa

faline
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
What great plans! Hope you have a wonderful time!

DizNee143
12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
wow!!
sounds like a great trip you have planned!!!
thats awesome you were able to make your vacation longer...cant wait to here how it all went!! hope you guys have a wonderful time!! :mickey:

pogo
12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow..... what a great trip you have planned !

Are you related to Blythe (Dsnygirl)????? She plans just like you do, except I think she also plans potty breaks ! :blush:

I hope you have safe and comfortable travel.

I can't wait to read your trip reports ! :D

RedSoxFan
12-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

teambricker04
12-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Have a fun trip!!! Your pre trip report makes me excited for our trip!! We are going 1/8 to 1/16... maybe we'll see you :)