PDA

View Full Version : DHS questions

stitchaholic
12-21-2008, 06:36 AM
we will be there from jan 26th to feb 2nd,fantasmic will only be playing on 2 nights while we are there,i would love some reviews of this show,we tried to get a dinning package,but there was nothing available at mama melrose,and i didn't want one from the other 2 restaurants,so i want to know if the show is worth the long wait in line with my DS who has adhd:smickey:

last year i went down with my DS who was 6 and my DD who was 8,they did every roller coaster including everest,but flat out refused the tower of terror simply because of the murder story,how scary is this ride,and if they were able to handle everest and RRC,will they be able to conquer TT this year?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-21-2008, 09:58 AM
There is no murder story on Tower of Terror.

The people weren't technically killed. The elevators disappeared completely when they were struck by lightening, bringing the people into another dimension where they are trapped as spirits. From their dimension, they try to bring others into it as well, which is the ride experience. If they had been murdered, the elevators would still exist. The elevator you board is a service elevator.:D

Nut4DW
12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
We were at Fantasmic a week ago tonight - and they have definately shortened it. I was very disappointed because I saw it a couple of years ago and really liked it. The couple sitting next to us enjoyed it - but it was their first time to see it. If you have never seen it before, I think you may like it. However, if you have seen it, don't waste the time standing in line.

Polynesian Dweller
12-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Got to comment on Tower of Terror. It is no way a murder story. Its based on the Twilight Zone concept of people disappearing into another dimension, the Twilight Zone. Even has Rod Serling (and a great voice artist) introducing the story. Really well done and not frighteneing. Disney even did a television movie of the story when the attraction opened.

Its not scary at all IMO. In fact, everyone I see get off is smiling and having a great time. Its just a drop ride and well controlled so its fun. Its our favorite in the parks and we always leave laughing.

joelkfla
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
We were at Fantasmic a week ago tonight - and they have definately shortened it.
I don't think so. It's 28 minutes long, as it has always been.

The pinwheel fireworks on the Steamboat in the finale have been replaced with simple showers (probably a safety concern), and there may have been some other reductions in the fireworks, but I don't think any major elements have been deleted.

Now, this show is very complex, and there are tons of safety checks built into the show. If some condition is not exactly right, such as timing being off or a performer being out of place, then an effect may not be triggered. I saw it last week, and Mickey's hand pyro didn't fire, and Kaa did not dance, but these were probably one-time safety issues.

Marker
12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Personally, I enjoy Fantasmic. I always try to see it at least once each visit. I've see it many times over the years, and of course it's never as good as it was the first time, but what show is? Although, like many things at WDW, it's not everyone's cup of tea. So in my opinion, you need to go see it and judge for yourself. For any one individual so say you should definitely go, or definitely NOT go, is really not a fair judgement.

As for Tower of Terror, as was said before, there is NO murder plot. I actually don't think I've ever heard anyone call it a murder scenario.

Tower of Terror is NOT a roller coaster so you really can't equate willingness, or love of roller coasters to preparedness for this ride. As a prime example, my wife dearly loves roller coasters, however she will not ride Tower of Terror again. She does like vertical drops, which is what Tower of Terror is. Tower of Terror also has a darkness quality that may be different from other experiences as well.

I'd say let your children be the judge of their own readiness. If they want to ride, then great. If they don't, that's fine too. After all, it's about their enjoyment, not try to prove anything to anyone.

WDW_Obsessed
12-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I have to say that I really enjoy Fantasmic and definitley think it's worth waiting to see...at least once. We don't see it every time we're there, but we do try on every trip. I say give it a shot!:thumbsup:

As far as ToT goes, I agree with a previous post that you should let your kids decide if they want to ride or not. I personally can't do ToT...I've done it several times and have just decided it's too much for me. I'm not a fan of drop rides and it just scares the heck out of me:blush: I will say though, that my five year old nephew loves it!

thumperbug
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
My Dh and I saw it years ago and did the dining/show package. Even with that we got in and seated 45 min prior to the show. Its a good show, don't get me wrong...but for the amount of time you would need to get on line early, to get in to get a decent seat and then wait for the show.....to me is not worth it.

My son has never seen it and wants to but with there now only being 2 shows a week...I'm thinking we would need to get on line an hour before the show and hope to get a seat where we can see and hope we can keep him entertained long enough until the show starts.

stitchaholic
12-22-2008, 05:56 AM
thanks for the clarification on the TOT,however i am not sure that that is any less scary of a story,i am sure that they would love the actual ride because they are little thril seekers,and once they do ride it ,i am sure it will be like all the other thrill rides and they will want to go on again and again.
for fantasmic,i will have to see what we will do,it is on the first night we are there,but we have an ADR at CP and the kids and i decided that we were going to take it easy and do our favorites at MK until we were tired and head back to pop. and the second night we are supposed to meet my parents downtown for supper,oh,well we will have to see what happens.
thanks for all the great advice!