PDA

View Full Version : Well, my son is married now

Cinderelley
12-20-2008, 10:12 PM
We had the wedding ceremony today. What a roller coaster ride the last two weeks was! Everything was set. Then the military wasn't going to let him come. Then they were, but different days. He was supposed to fly in at 10:30 last night, but his flight kept getting delayed. He finally got in about 7:30 this morning.
Now he's married and off on his honeymoon. He only has two days, and then he has to be back in Washington, D.C. Something to do with the inauguration. Hopefully I'll get to see him again February.

Magic Smiles
12-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Glad to hear that your son did make it to his wedding. My motto with the military was - until it actually happens, things can always change.
Hopefully these next 2 days will be some of his best days ever.
Congratulations!

princessgirls
12-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Glad things went well. May God continue to give you the patience and strength with this situation.

Julie:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I dont really know what to say. I dont know if I should say congratulations because I know you were not too happy about this. But I will send prayers and pixie dust to give you the strength and patience to deal with the situation. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Hopefully things will work out for them. I know from my sis that this wasn't what you wanted for his future but perhaps there's a different path that he was meant to take.

Cinderelley
12-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks for all the wishes everyone. They help keep me looking on the brighter side of things.

Cinderelley
12-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Here's pics if anyone would like to see them.

Wedding pics (http://family.webshots.com/album/569336435YBClZf)

pianobabe
12-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Thank you for sharing the pictures. They do look happy together. I don't remember the whole story, but I'm sure it was a difficult day for you. Maybe one day you will be able to look at it in a different way and be able to smile about it.

SBETigg
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
You've done a great job. I admire you for handling this whole situation so well. It looks like it was a lovely wedding and I wish them well. I hope they'll be very happy together and that you find every happiness, too.

crazypoohbear
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I forgot to ask in my PM to you.
Others can join in as well.

In your part of the country what do you do for the reception? ( I know that yours was last minute planning, and not a real happy event)

Here in MA it's usually a church weddiing followed by a reception at a hotel or hall food includes appetizers, drinks a sit down dinner with a band/dj a big wedding cake for dessert etc.
I know my sisters went to a wedding in FLA and the appitizer was cracker barrel cheese, no crackers and cheese doodles :ack:
My sisters were dressed in "wedding attire" and other people showed up in overalls!

Magic Smiles
01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Just a comment. I have never before seen a wedding dress with vivid color. In the matter of 1 week I have looked at wedding photos from 2 weddings. This one and a friends cousin. Both brides had the same dress.

Cinderelley
01-04-2009, 03:35 AM
That's pretty funny about the two dresses being the same.

Here the weddings can be anything from full-scale black tie affairs to small ceremonies at the JP. People dress and eat according to the occasion. DH & I had our wedding at a golf course. The ceremony was outside at the gazebo. The reception was inside the club with a full sit down meal, dancing and cake.

SurferStitch
01-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm glad everything went smoothly.

I love bridal dresses with splashes of color. When we got married (1996), you never really saw that. I would have loved to do it, though! I had a red wedding, and I would have loved a splash of red on my dress. I did have a solid red bouquet of red roses (it was HUGE), which also wasn't the norm then. Everyone had white bouquets, so when I told the florist I wanted red, she was thrilled (and went nuts with the flowers).

I hope your son has a very happy and loving marriage, and I hope everything goes well for all of you in the future.

PirateLover
01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I first saw these "splash of color" dresses (good term!) in David's Bridal when I tried on dresses one day. All of the sudden I too have seen pictures of 2 other weddings besides this one where the bride has some sort of red in the dress. I think it looks really neat, although it is not my personal style.