PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and more, Day 4

Caroleh
12-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me..51 year old that has the heart and energy of a child and refuses to grow up
DH, Gilles..54 year old handler of above child, who's name is about to change

Day 4, Saturday, Dec. 13

We were heading to the open of MK today to meet up with Ellen and Natalie, along with their families. We got to MK to see the opening show, Ellen texted me she was running late so we headed to Main Street Bakery for a bite to eat, while we waited. After breakfast we headed over to CP to see if the old JQ crew was done with their breakfast, they weren't so we sat on a bench enjoying the warmth of sun, since it was still pretty chilly. The JQ crew came out of CP so we had our introductions. While we talking the Mayor came over and was talking to us so we strolled to Main Street with him and had our picture taken with him. After the picture everyone went their own way. We went with Jeanne, since she wanted to see Ellen. Jeanne was going to meet JPL near Philharmagic. We met Jeff and then walked over to COP, did that ride. After the ride we were heading to Tomorrowland to meet up with Ellen, Natalie and crew, when we ran into Mary(mauimouse) coming out of JC, so we sat for a while talking to her, we went and got a frozen banana since Gilles had never had one and toasted almonds. We then walked to Tomorrowland and met up with DisneyDeb along with everyone we were suppose to meet. Mary, Jeanne, Jim, and Jeff went off their own way, so we(Natalie and family, Ellen and Ben, Deb and Jerry, Gilles and me) headed to Monster, Inc Laugh Floor. We really do love this show!! Natalie and William got put up on the screen, Ellen's joke was used and Gilles was "That Guy"!! When he got picked Matt and I slowly moved away from Gilles!!! Ben and William enjoyed picking on Gilles after that!! Gilles is now "That Guy" to all of us!! The boys and Matt went off to Space Mountian while the rest of us went to TTA and waited in line to get on it. I had never seen a line for that ride before!!! After the ride, That Guy and I headed back to the room so I could rest because I was really getting all stuffed up and we had a full night ahead of us.

Around 4 o'clock we headed to Epcot for dinner at CR. We met up with Pogo, Patti, Jym, Rachel, little Alex, Betty(Jym's mother), Blythe and family, Cindy and her dh, Rhonda and her DH, Deb and her DH, Mikki and Andrew and of course, Figero. We had a very delious meal, then it was off to MK to meet up with Ellen, Natalie and crew, and Christine and her family. We had Deb and Jerry, Pogo and Patti, Blythe and family with us. Jym and Rachel and Bethany also caught up with us. We had a nice little gathering at Exhibition Hall. It was really nice putting faces to everyone we've been chatting with for such a long time.

After the meet, Pogo, Patti, Jym, Rachel, That Guy and I headed bac to the Laugh Floor where once again my wonderful DH was picked as That Guy!! After the Laugh Floor, we headed to JC. It was the first time we did it at night and we had such a great time. Our guide had us in stitches the entire trip!! Then we were off to POC, I can never get enough of Captain Jack!! We were leaving the park was closing, so we grabbed the bus back to POFQ with Pogo and Patti. We were chatting with them for a little while when Bethany and Morgan came over to say hi!!

It was a great day..even though it was very long. I really did enjoy meeting everyone and I'd love to be able to spend time with them again!!

pdrlkr
12-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
I can't get enough of Captain Jack either.;)

faline
12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Very fun day with lots of other Intercottees!

ElenitaB
12-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Don't forget, that's Mr. That Guy! ;) Still can't believe that he got picked twice! :)

the other micki
12-22-2008, 12:37 AM
Sounds so fun being able to meet up with lots of other intercotees! Thanks for the report!

illini
12-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a great time!

Poor Gilles-- did he get a complex being picked twice in one day?

Caroleh
12-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Actually I think he was eating it up!! When we were leaving the show the second time three girls were standing outside and the all said, "Look, it's That Guy!!!" as he walked by. He got a great big grin across his face. I think it made him more of a Disney fan!!!