PDA

View Full Version : a cure for missing WDW

Mickeydream
12-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Most of us must agree that we terribly miss WDW once we have come home. It's a taste of reality when we get home to the task of unpacking, going back to work, being around
people that have no clue about the happiness that "the world" brings.

Well, last night I had the pleassure of attending Disney on Ice in Albany, NY. We traveled through a semi-blizzard to get there, but it was oooooh so worth it! We won't be getting to WDW until Thanksgiving so seeing the characters was a real treat. I know it is not like being at WDW, but it was a nice fix. It was a wonderful show and the 3rd we have seen in recent years.

I love the way they turn the castle into an IASW scene. The costumes are fabulous in that segment. The princesses were of course the favorite of my granddaughter, although she was disappointed there was no Aurora. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale and the Genie were also terrific.

If anyone has an opportunity to see the show, you will be glad you did. :mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
12-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Excellent! Was this the 'Celebrate 100 Years of Magic' show? That's apparently the one that is coming to Winnipeg in the new year...Crystal and I will DEFINITELY be going!

Chris :hatter:

amd780
12-21-2008, 10:58 AM
When I taught preschool, we took the class to see "Celebrate 100 Years of Magic." It was wonderful! I was only a week away from my trip to WDW, and it felt like a preview of what was to come. I agree that Disney on Ice is a great way to cure your longing for WDW! :mickey:

Mickeydream
12-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes, it is Celebrate 100 Years of Magic. I know you'll enjoy it as much as we did. :mickey: