PDA

View Full Version : Best Coffee

elmjimmlm
12-20-2008, 01:27 PM
We will be there in 6 days and my DH wants to know where is the best coffee since we may be looking at some cool nights...Thanks

DumboMom
12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
My husband thinks the main street bakery in the Magic Kingdom does. The worst is the free stuff in the room at CB . :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
We will be there in 6 days and my DH wants to know where is the best coffee since we may be looking at some cool nights...Thanks
Deb Wills' website has a section on "real coffee" in WDW vs. the Nescafe that most of us are subjected to. There are numerous places - if you want, PM me and I'll send you the link with the info. :mickey:

Mickey 101
12-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Most of the parks serve Nescafe, which is instant coffee and not good at all. (That's putting it mildly!) My favorite places for good coffee are the coffee carts around Epcot, the Kusafiri Bakery and Anadapur Tea Co both in AK and Starring Rolls Bakery in Hollywood Studios. Haven't found any good coffee in MK yet.

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Kona at the Poly! There is also a little coffee bar set up outside of the actual restaurant!

DizneyRox
12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Do you have a rental car? There is no good coffee on WDW property... :blush:

EpcotChic23
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I second the Kona Cafe at the Poly. You don't have to eat at the resturant to get the coffee they have a coffee bar right outside the resturnat. Only problem is it closes around noon.

ElenitaB
12-22-2008, 01:55 PM
The Writer's Stop in DHS had decent coffee as well. However, I would say that the best coffee I've had at WDW is what I make in our room in the mornings (I bring Starbucks and coffee filters from home ;) ).

illini
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Coffee counter at the Poly, for sure. Excellent coffee!

Ian
12-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Kona at the Poly! There is also a little coffee bar set up outside of the actual restaurant!Actually, that coffee is the same lousy Nescafe stuff they serve property-wide. The only locale at the Poly with real coffee is the Kona Cafe itself.

Trust me ... I stopped at that little kiosk thinking I was going to get actual coffee, but was bitterly (pun intended) disappointed to find it was that Nescafe garbage. :ack:

Do you have a rental car? There is no good coffee on WDW property... :blush:Agreed. Although one of our servers at Crystal Palace told us that they're replacing Nescafe with "real" coffee some time in early 2009. He said the guest complaints on the Nescafe were ridiculous ... which I find easy to believe, because that garbage is un-drinkable.

But this came from a front-line CM, so take it with the normal dozen grains of salt.

diz_girl
12-22-2008, 04:22 PM
I'll first say that I'm not a coffee drinker, so I don't have first-hand accounts. During my trip earlier this month, both my father and my SIL commented that the coffee at the Roaring Fork in WL was very good. Now, my SIL won't drink just anything, she grinds her own beans and uses a french press, so she's picky.

I've heard that the following places have good coffee:
The aforementioned Writer's Stop in DHS, Kusafari Coffe in AK, Kona at the Poly, and Main Street Bakery in MK.
Others are Ghirardelli at DTD, Kringla Bakery Og Cafe at Norway in EPCOT, Hollywood Tower Hotel Coffee & Specialty Drinks or Cup o'Joe to Go at DHS, the Grand Floridian Cafe at GF, and Contemporary Grounds at CR. I've also heard from my coffee-loving relatives that the kiosks in WS at EPCOT have good cappucino.

Maleficent's Dad
12-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Actually, that coffee is the same lousy Nescafe stuff they serve property-wide. The only locale at the Poly with real coffee is the Kona Cafe itself.
Ian,
The coffee served at the Kona Island Cafe Coffee Bar is the same stuff served in the Kona Cafe.

Both serve First Roaster 100% Kona Coffee.
So in actuality, the coffee bar is not serving Nescafe.

Perhaps you had a barista who couldn't make/serve a decent cup of Java???

disneychick62
12-23-2008, 06:13 AM
If you have breakfast ressies at Kona, than the best coffee is their press pot>>>:thumbsup: