PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call! Who's calling for ADR's Monday morning?

the other micki
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
All right, who's calling 407-wdw-dine at 7am (ET) on Monday, Dec. 22nd? Just sizing up the competition...;)

Wonder if they'll even let us make our ADR's then or if they'll say to call back in Jan.?

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
We're going over the plan again this weekend, just in case!

I'm torn between calling, and waiting to check intercot to see if people are getting through.

merlinmagic4
12-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm calling although I haven't reconfirmed plans with the family we are going with. I had better do that...................Thanks for the reminder :)

dolphinmickey9170
12-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Count me in, once I get off work.

peemagg
12-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm going to try at 7 am! I bet though that they won't let us make our ADR's. My guess is that those of us waiting for May and beyond won't be able to make our until 90 days out.

brianlw71
12-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Party of 16 bright and early.

beksy
12-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll be on the phones at 7 on Monday listening to the happy music and praying they let me make my ADRs! :fingers: :wait:

Tinkerbelly84
12-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I will on the phone at 7:00 am enjoying the pleasant music too!

asrai555
12-19-2008, 11:49 PM
I have been out of the Disney loop for a while. Why wouldn't they let you make your ADRs? How long in advance are they taking them now? I am going at the end of April....if they are taking them 180 days out I better get on my plans this weekend!

the other micki
12-19-2008, 11:55 PM
I'll be getting up before 6am :alarm:, as I'm in the central time zone. Feel sorry for those folks on the west coast!

Happy calling everyone! :call:

the other micki
12-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I have been out of the Disney loop for a while. Why wouldn't they let you make your ADRs? How long in advance are they taking them now? I am going at the end of April....if they are taking them 180 days out I better get on my plans this weekend!

I am going at the end of April also. I should've been able to make my ADRs on Oct. 28th, but alas, they are working on a new system or something and have only taken ADRs for folks going before March 22. Supposedly, Dec. 22nd may be the day they open up the floodgates to allow the rest of us our turn. Check out the first thread in this forum for more info.

Kennywife
12-20-2008, 12:00 AM
I'll be calling in too bright and early while sipping coffee in front of my computer! :surf:

Anna

asrai555
12-20-2008, 12:07 AM
I am up way past by bed time but am I understanding the first thread in this forum correctly? Currently dining isn't taking any ADR except for V&A and Cindy's? You may not be able to make ADRs until mid-January (of course depending on which cast member you speak to because that seems to be a point of confusion also). Thanks for hand-holding me through this craziness - I had no idea about this!

the other micki
12-20-2008, 12:12 AM
You can make an ADR for Chef Mickey's also (it's the only one I have at this point), and I'm pretty sure you can do Hoop de Doo at 180, too.

Followthatmouse
12-20-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry to add to your competition!

The difference is that the time will be 1 a.m. down here. I just hope that I have enough caffeine. ;)

Fortunately, our ADR list is small.

TiggeRia
12-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Add me to that list! I've been waiting patiently (or not so patiently.....) to make my ADR's for the end of April. Monday morning could turn out to be a loooong morning with all these calls going through.

BugeyedMuggy
12-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Party of 10 -

7am

Le Cellier & Hoop de Doo are the only 2 I am really worried about.

Cheloconnell
12-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I'll be on. Also worried about Le Cellier. We are going during Spring Break for the Northeast (mid April) so I know there will be a lot of competition for seating. :thedolls:

Cheloconnell
12-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Just called for Ha Ha's. They told me mid to late January. I guess I will still try on Monday just in case :(

the other micki
12-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Just called for Ha Ha's. They told me mid to late January. I guess I will still try on Monday just in case :(

Yeah, I'll be calling Monday morning, but I'm not getting my hopes up :pout: But hey, atleast I've got a Disney trip in my future! That's something to be happy about! :mickey:

disneyers
12-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I called this morning too! I made ADR's for CRT. The CM told me the same thing. No way on Monday, it would be mid January!

Boo.

dolphinmickey9170
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
I also called today to make a change to a current CRT ressie and was told that they would not be taking ADRs on Dec 22nd. Sandra, the CM I spoke with, told me mid to late January. I filled out the survey on the phone as well as the one they give you at the end of the phone survery to go online and do. I told them how disappointing it is to wait---October, then November, then December---and now they tell us January. UGH!! It's disneysurvey.com/drc maybe if we all band together, they can get this done sooner.

I hope my posting the disney web address isn't against TOS. I understand that since it is a disney link, it would be okay.

Thanks!

AdventurerKim
12-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm calling tomorrow to make an ADR for Le Cellier for June 20 dinner.

Kennywife
12-22-2008, 07:12 AM
I just got off the phone and was told the end of January tentatively. *sigh*

Oh welll....

Anna

merlinmagic4
12-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Oh no! I was just going to call and decided to check here first. Saved some time, anyway.

Bethanymouse
12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I also called today to make a change to a current CRT ressie and was told that they would not be taking ADRs on Dec 22nd. Sandra, the CM I spoke with, told me mid to late January. I filled out the survey on the phone as well as the one they give you at the end of the phone survery to go online and do. I told them how disappointing it is to wait---October, then November, then December---and now they tell us January. UGH!! It's disneysurvey.com/drc maybe if we all band together, they can get this done sooner.

I hope my posting the disney web address isn't against TOS. I understand that since it is a disney link, it would be okay.

Thanks!

We experienced the same thing. We were told to call today, and now we have been told mid-January. So disappointing. I am going to check out that survey tonight.

Tinkerbelly84
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
This definately taking some of the magic away from planning our trip. I'm so disappointed!:(

the other micki
12-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Making ADRs is starting to seem like Mission: Impossible! :spy: Oh well, here's hoping for January!

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2008, 03:03 PM
When I spoke with them this morning, I got a response of, and I'm paraphrasing here:

We haven't been completely trained on the new system. We do appologize and we still aren't sure of when the dates will open up. Give us a call back this evening, we are open until 10pm EST, and we should be able to give you an approximate date to call.

So, you can assure I will be calling later to get this answer.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Goes4FastPass
12-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Making ADRs is starting to seem like Mission: Impossible! :spy: Oh well, here's hoping for January!

People who set an alarm to race to try to be a customer of the Walt Disney Company (myself included) are starting to seem like fools.

Ian
12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Honestly ... for a company who's CEO is all about cutting edge technology, the pathetic use of computing at Walt Disney World is a complete disgrace. The number of things I've been told can't be done, " ... because of our computers ... " is absurd for a company of Disney's size and stated mission to be a technology leader.

Seriously ... they're 10 years behind at being behind!

buzznwoodysmom
12-22-2008, 04:57 PM
It never surprises me at the different responces we get when calling for ADRs. I called today to try and book one of the pirate cruises. Well of course these are on the same system as the dining so I was not able to make these. I did get an ADR for Chef Mickey's for breakfast on my birthday. Chef Mickey's is a family favorite and we were unable to get an ADR here on our last two visits. Anyway I was told to call back the first or second week in Jan. to find out what the new date was to start taking additional reservations. I wish they'd just get their act together already.

the other micki
12-22-2008, 05:17 PM
People who set an alarm to race to try to be a customer of the Walt Disney Company (myself included) are starting to seem like fools.

I see what you mean; however, I'm already a customer as my trip (with dining plan included) is already paid for, so I may as well do my best to make the most of what I've already paid for!
Besides, for me, it's part of the fun!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2008, 09:54 PM
When I spoke with them this morning, I got a response of, and I'm paraphrasing here:

We haven't been completely trained on the new system. We do appologize and we still aren't sure of when the dates will open up. Give us a call back this evening, we are open until 10pm EST, and we should be able to give you an approximate date to call.

So, you can assure I will be calling later to get this answer.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

So I just called, and I was told no date still. So, I will become one of the masses who will continually call every week to see if something comes up.

Figment Fragment
12-24-2008, 07:26 AM
-----Original Message-----
From: Animal Kingdom Lodge Itinerary Planning Sent: 12/23/2008 6:05 PM
Subject: Change to booking window for the Walt Disney World Resort

Dumela!

As of today we can now only book dining, recreation and tours 90 days out from your date of arrival plus ten days. We will be booking your plans as they become available on this new window. Thank you for your patience during this period of transistion.

With the growing pattern of Guests booking their dining, recreation and tour experiences closer to their travel dates as they finalize their vacation itineraries, we will be adjusting the booking window for those experiences to a 90-day period, effective December 23, 2008.

Cirque du Soliel as an outside operating partner will still book La Nouba at 180 days out.

All existing bookings that were booked for Chef Mickey's, Victoria and Albert's and Cinderella's Royal Table will still be honored.

Thank you again for your patience and we will write you when your plans are booked.

=====================================

... I figure if they can't book us earlier than 90+10, then no one else can either.

This is true for special event trips at Animal Kingdom Lodge as well, not just ADRs.

Fortunately we did already have confirmed CRT reservations made for our May trip.

FF