PDA

View Full Version : advice and frustrations

stitchaholic
12-19-2008, 05:36 PM
i am headed down to the world jan 26th solo with my 2 kids,i am frustrated because i am trying to book fantasmic dinner show seats at mama's but cannot seem to get them,so that is:sad:,the i tried to book a dinner at ohana on one of our free nights,and there is nothing until 9pm,i certainly do not want to drag 2 tired kids to dinner at 9pm(they are 7 and 9),we already have hoop de doo booked and several character suppers and breakfasts,but the ohana supper with the coconut races sounded fun....,i booked cape may's for dinner instead,but i am not too sure it will be a hit with the kids,anyone have any other suggestions? we are on the dinning plan.

jan 26th-dinner at crystal palace
jan 27th- dinner at cape may's :confused:
jan 28th-no table service booked,thinking of doing disney quest and westside that evening
jan 29th-ohana best friends breakfast
jan 30th-hoop dee doo musical review
jan 31st- late luch at mama melrose
feb 1st-breakfast at chef mickey's-could not get dinner there either
feb 2nd- donald safari breakfast

would appreciate any feedback

asrai555
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
If you want another Character meal have you considered the Liberty Tree tavern in the MK? It is a "thanksgiving" inspired family style meal with the classic characters. It has always been one of my favorite meals. Maybe you could try that?

Can you keep trying for Ohanas? I know it is a pain to call every day...especially now so close to the trip and around the holidays.

KatMark
12-19-2008, 06:55 PM
If you want another Character meal have you considered the Liberty Tree tavern in the MK? It is a "thanksgiving" inspired family style meal with the classic characters. It has always been one of my favorite meals. Maybe you could try that?

Can you keep trying for Ohanas? I know it is a pain to call every day...especially now so close to the trip and around the holidays.

Actually, Liberty Tree Tavern is stopping their character meal. I believe the last day is January 5 or something like that--but I could be wrong on the exact date.

MinnieMommie
12-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry about the frustration with reservations. Keep trying to get the times you want. I even keep calling while I am there and often the times I want open up.

When my kids were young they liked Chef Mickey (breakfast and lunch), 1900 Park fare, and Rainforest Cafe (still do). You might also look into the new T Rex at DD. :mickey:

asrai555
12-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Actually, Liberty Tree Tavern is stopping their character meal. I believe the last day is January 5 or something like that--but I could be wrong on the exact date.

:/bawl! I am so sad to hear that. Why, do you know? I think it was so popular...or at least is was when I was there.

A Big Kid
12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
As far as Ohana's, I always get as early as a seating time as I am able. Maybe it is just my luck, but they always seem to be running 30-45 minutes late.

stitchaholic
12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
ok,i called back and got an ADR at ohana's for 8:05 pm,on one of our relaxed ,easy days on the schedual,i am ok with that,i just didn't want to bring them on a day where they were exhausted from the parcs,so the ADR's are as follows;

jan 26th-early supper at crystal palace
jan 27th-supper at cape may's(i am excited for the clam bake)
jan 28th-quick service,flame tree BBQ and we want to try out cook's of dublin,my kids want to try the fried candy bar(any feedback on this counter service restaurant,they boast the best fish and chips?)
jan 29th-best frien breakfast,market place at night(any quick service suggestions?)
jan 30th-mk day,el pirata or plaza restaurant and hoop de doo that night
jan 31st-ohana supper
feb 1st- brunch at chef mickey's
feb 2nd-donald safari breakfast

can't wait 35 days and counting...:stitch:

mrmcgiv
12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
we went to fantasmic on 12/7. walked in about 10-15 mins beofre it began and got great seast with no dinner package. Better than the seast we got last trip WITH the dinner package. People were filling in at the sides, we asked an usher if there was any seating in a row closer to the middle that looked full. he walked us down to about the 8th row and there was plenty of seating in the middle that you waould have never seen if you did not walk owon. GL

Hull-onian
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I find that the dining plan for Fantasmic is not worth it. We have gotten to the show about twenty minutes before it starts and got great seats. We opted to dine elsewhere, and then go to the show. Enjoy the sunshine when you go.