PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone who has information regarding new rides coming soon to WDW?

WDW1987
12-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Now that Expedition Everest has been placed in the AK, are there any new rides that are coming soon to WDW?

DizneyRox
12-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Besides AI, I don't know of anything. With this economy, I expect them to put everything on hold as well, probably won't see anything new for a while now. Well, anything substantial...

Imagineer1981
12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I am sure there will be new attractions as they will need additional draws if the economy gets worse. They need that repeat family who might say "we've done Disney" but by adding new attractions that same family would say "we've done Disney, but look whats new!"

Polynesian Dweller
12-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I am sure there will be new attractions as they will need additional draws if the economy gets worse.

If there are any new ones it will most likely be because they are already in the stream. One doesn't create a ride in a few months and new rides can be as much as tens of millions to create. In an economy like this, corporations get into a 'batten down the hatches and survive' mode and new development isn't usually it, at least untll there are signs of things nearing the turn-around point.

Their way of drawing people will most likley be through incentive packages like the discounts we are currently seeing.

lindique
12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
There's going to be a Disney version of "American Idol" opening in February in the old Superstar Television theater at the Studios. There was a Passholder preview when I was there last week, and they showed the audition rooms and the theater.

WDW_Obsessed
12-20-2008, 02:36 PM
There's going to be a Disney version of "American Idol" opening in February in the old Superstar Television theater at the Studios. There was a Passholder preview when I was there last week, and they showed the audition rooms and the theater.

This attraction is also featured on the 2009 planning DVD if anyone is curious about it...:mickey: