PDA

View Full Version : Size of the studios?

Disney_Barbie
12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Hello, I was just looking for confirmation from you (the experts) on a little disney fact. How large is DHS? I've read contridicting "facts" that it is 54 acres and also from other "facts" that it is 135 acres. That's a pretty big difference! Can anyone confirm how large it in fact is, and perhaps where this zany info comes from?
I know the studios have grown quite a bit from opening, was it perhaps 54 acres when it opened, and is now 135??? Or are some internet sites just making up the size of it! I play disney trivia w/ my newphew and almost got this one wrong :blush:

Ian
12-18-2008, 11:27 AM
It's 135 acres. Not sure where the other number comes from, as to the best of my knowledge it was 135 when it opened, too.

Disney_Barbie
12-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Thankyou! Stinkin' ghetto disney site w/ wrong info.
Wow, so MK is the smallest park?

Simba's Mom
12-18-2008, 05:49 PM
It's 135 acres. Not sure where the other number comes from, as to the best of my knowledge it was 135 when it opened, too.

However, when it first opened, ToT wasn't there, Star Tours area, the area where Muppets are, significantly smaller. I remember there were only two attractions-the Great Movie Ride and the Backstage Tram tour (it was a 2 hour tour). So maybe they're referring to 54 acres of completed park, open to the public in 1989?