PDA

View Full Version : It's Almost ALL Gone

thrillme
12-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Usually after Christmas I LOVE to go shopping and stock up for the next year...maybe buy a new Christmas Tree, new lights, maybe a new blow up.

BUT this year...Lowes had all their stuff 50% the last couple weeks. It's been scavanged and it's practically all gone. Target has already discounted a lot of their stuff 30% off. Garden Ridge is 50% of a LOT of their Christmas stuff. Walmart is also getting down to NOTHING but cheezy christmas ornaments and plain lights (no LED's, no Chasers, no Blow up stuff).

It seems like I've already "missed" Christmas.

I guess this year I'll just be home cleaning up.

SBETigg
12-18-2008, 07:59 AM
It's sad that they start pushing Christmas before it's even Halloween now. Sorry you missed out.

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Ahh I havent been in a store in ages. Didnt realize that there were already sales on stuff. Usually I to go out after Christmas and stuck up for the next year! This bums me out a little Im going to have to keep my eyes open. :mickey:

SAHDad
12-18-2008, 11:51 AM
It's because, from a retail standpoint, Christmas is over. When they start putting up the Christmas stuff before Halloween, then it has to come down before Dec 15th in order to make room for Valentines stuff (which will be down before Jan 30th, to pave the way for Easter).

It's an annoying, vicious cycle, and every year, it seems to get a little worse.

thrillme
12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
It's an annoying, vicious cycle, and every year, it seems to get a little worse.

I guess this year it seems worse than ever...To top it off...This year it's been so dry they've put out a ban on airel fireworks all over (even county declared "safe zones") and may even put out a ban on the sale of fireworks so now...what to do on New Years. :(

RedSoxFan
12-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Funny you should mention Valentine stuff. While at Target this morning, I noticed the Christmas hand towels were marked down and the Valentine towels were all out. Unbelievable. I also noticed at Target that none of the Christmas decorations were selling. There was so much stuff.

PirateLover
12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I was in A.C. Moore tonight to purchase ornaments for my kids to make, there was a whole entire wall full of the things I wanted last week in addition to Christmas displays throughout the store. Today, there were no displays and there was JUST BARELY enough for my 30 students. I was stunned. I actually heard a radio show this morning talking about how Lowe's had absolutely nothing. I did stop in Home Depot tonight as well and they still had a few blow up things.

PlutoToo
12-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Yesterday we went to Lowe's ant they had almost nothing. No ornaments a few extension cords in the Christmas section, about 6 Disney items. They had one real wreath. They have one less Disney item. We got a Plutoo barks and howls "Oh Christmas Tree" :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow! I usually look for the bargains after Christmas but have to work that day. I guess I might have to go looking tomorrow. That's if the snow stops!