PDA

View Full Version : a little pixie dust for the holidays, please?

Tink2002
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey guys,
So this Christmas I'm doing my best to get dbf and I in the spirit but it's been rough - In September we found out that our good friend who has been best friends with his mother for his whole life and like a second mom to him (there for everything everyday, he even had a room at her house growing up!) had colon cancer once again. Her fight started in the spring of 2007 and after countless treatments, complications, hospital stays, and surgeries, we finally thought we were out of the woods last summer. Then this happened, and it turns out this time they are not going to be able to do anything for her except try to keep her as comfortable as possible as things progress. My boyfriend has been having a very hard time with things - he holds it in and then it comes out in bursts - and I feel so sad for him. Our families are very close and we're all trying to push the thought that this will likely be her last Christmas from our minds.

As a surprise for her, family from all over the country will be flying in to spend Christmas with all of us. Please, if you can, send some pixie dust to make it a happy occasion without any sadness and to help my amazing boyfriend get through all of this.

PlutoToo
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Prayers for comfort and strength heading your way, along with lots of hugs and pixie dust.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Prayers and :pixie: sent your way!

gauvin4
12-17-2008, 01:50 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers for all of you.

LuvsTigger80
12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
my thoughts and :pixie: for you and your boyfriend. Our family is also dealing with the fact that this will be my husband's aunts last christmas. She has breast cancer that has spread everywhere. Hope that you'll have a wonderful christmas with her and make many memories that will last your lifetime.

DizNee143
12-18-2008, 09:06 AM
pixie dust on the way...i hope its a wonderful christmas that you all remember very dearly!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie: