PDA

View Full Version : Pop, VWL, Christmas Fun day 6

offwego
12-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Saturday Dec 13
Cast pretty much the same here..
Plans MK, dinner at Ohana's

Well one thing I left off of yesterdays (since it was today when I saw it) was my surprise.

Waiting in the room for me (as the guys had been back already) was a birthday cake. Complete with a slipper on it! Funny as I had mentioned to ElenitaB that we saw someone dropping one off (passed them in our never ending hallway) and commented that the one other time DH had ordered one it had been a bit of a trial. Apparently the trial part hasn't changed but boy was this one tasty! Cake at 12:30 am is normal right? It sure is good in any case.

We met up with ElenitaB and her DS in the morning..not to early I might add since ya know they are teenagers now. We wandered over to MK bus stop and once again had the sorry lift doesn't work part, followed up a longish wait again, but that's ok we are still in WDW and the weather was at least warmer now.

We did meet up with Caroleh and DisneyDeb and Piglet822 after a yummy breakfast of Main street treats. (in addtion to what my DS ate in the room) It was wonderful to meet so many people this trip and we really enjoyed it.
We headed over to laugh floor (during the meet the boys had done the speedway and prior to it DH had grabbed fastpasses for them to hit SM later), where Caroleh's DH was picked for That Guy..it was so much fun, in fact ElenitaB's joke was used and DS & I ended up on the screen as well. A great time indeed!
After that I believe the boys wandered away to do something else (the fastpass if memory serves) and we did TTA as a group. With a line! Seriously a line for TTA, out past the walkway, that they had to put up rope for in a few minutes. I knew it was crowded but what's next a line for Cop?
After TTA, we met up with the guys again and did COP (DS loves this) which was so funny as there was wait for it..a line! Gack! On top of that the CM forgot about us at the entrance for the scooter but it still passed very quickly.

After that I'm not too sure what we did (the lines for those two rides appear to have altered my memory). I suspect we went back for a rest for grown ups and a little arcade time for teenagers. We did attempt a swim (more a hot tub really) and saw the geyser while ElenitaB and her DS did their thing..apparently only Canadians swim at 70 degrees. Lunch was Roaring Fork (singular apparently as we stood corrected) which by the by does not offer a discount for the tables of wonderland card.

We had an earlish ressie for Ohana's which we made with perhaps 1 minute to spare and also met up with JPL as well. A really good meal food wise (the noodles were yummy as was the wings and the potsticker like dumplings and the pork loin..the shrimp were also devoured. Dessert was great).
Our server was ok..not even close to great really but our seats were fantastic. We were able to use our Tables of wonderland card on both bills. Oddly with more fussing at us then we had in france or anywhere else for that matter. But again our server seemed to be doing this by rote and not with any kind of enthusiam.
Stuffed we headed over to MK to try and meet up with some other friends for spectro and wishes..we managed Wishes and I think the tail end of spectro. After wishes we tried to navigate to the front exhibition hall for our next meet.

Let me tell ya that was a nightmare. There seemed to be no organziation for the crowds at all and it was packed! it took far far longer then it needed to to get through it and more patience then it should have to deal with folks who apparently assume a scooter has hovercraft like abilities.
The meet however was fantastic..it was a nice time to chat with everyone, the kids all got along and it was just a lovely way to end our day at the MK. I'm sure others thought we were looney but I'm good with that. (Besides a grown women wearing tink on her hoodie must be a wee bit odd don't ya think?) For those that know me I did wear heeled sandals to part of the meet, but it was so chilly I brought sensible socks and skeechers to change into. My poor feet were cold!

Bethis26fan
12-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Mickey'sGirl
12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
All sensible women wear hoodies with some kinda Disney persona on them! ;)

Sounds like another terrific day, and I'm glad you enjoyed 'Ohana (apart from the lack lustre service). Funny...the only time we ever had issues with our DDE card was at 'Ohana. Must be part of their training!

offwego
12-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Opps..this was day 6 not day 5 but I can't edit it anymore. If someone who can pops in and sees this and could change it for me I'd appreciate it. Sorry about that folks.

MauiMouse
12-17-2008, 01:24 PM
We did meet up with Caroleh and DisneyDeb and Piglet822 after a yummy breakfast of Main street treats.

I was there too, but off to the side, never did introduce myself to you Natalie. You were busy talking to Carol I think. Anyways JPL, Jeanne, Jim and I were sitting on the one bench trying to get warm. I did get to meet Ellen though.

Too funny about Gilles being "That Guy" my friend's father was "That Guy" earlier in the morning.

Sounds like a fun day.

DizNee143
12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
another great day..thats soo cool they pretty much all or you got some kind of interaction at monsters inc!!! thanx for sharing..:mickey:

offwego
12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I was there too, but off to the side, never did introduce myself to you Natalie. You were busy talking to Carol I think. Anyways JPL, Jeanne, Jim and I were sitting on the one bench trying to get warm. I did get to meet Ellen though.Sounds like a fun day.

Mary sorry I missed you by not making sure I introduced myself. I have to admit this was the most people I ever met up with and it's still a little new to me. Hope you had a wonderful time.

disneydrmr
12-17-2008, 03:54 PM
/sounds like another great day!

mouseketeer mom
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
No!!! A grown woman with a Tink on her hoodie is not odd at all! (nor a mouse, nor a princess...you get my drift!!)

ElenitaB
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
I think you're right... next time I should order a helicopter instead of a plain ol' scooter. Don't you think?

It was a lovely day but I could not understand for the life of me why time flew by so quickly on this trip. :confused:

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Opps..this was day 6 not day 5 but I can't edit it anymore. If someone who can pops in and sees this and could change it for me I'd appreciate it. Sorry about that folks.

Done. Finally - a mention of shoes! What great fun you're having with a bunch of Intercotees!

dolphinmickey9170
12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
I have so much character wear, that when I don't wear it, I get asked why I am not wearing anything Disney. Too funny!!

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey: