PDA

View Full Version : which grocery service to deliver to room??

threeh
12-16-2008, 10:02 PM
I thought there used to be one associated with Icot?? Who do you recomend??

TIA!!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I thought there used to be one associated with Icot?? Who do you recomend??

TIA!!!:mickey:

I think your refering to the most commonly mentioned delivery service for groceries, which is Garden Grocer. I have no opinion on them just yet havent used them before, but we are this trip for January :D You can go right to their website...Im not sure I can post it here. If you need it let me know. Hope this helps ;)

VAdizneefan
12-17-2008, 06:28 AM
We used Garden Grocer for our trip in October. Great service, good selection and prices... no complaints here! You'll be pleased if you go with them!

gauvin4
12-17-2008, 08:42 AM
I used Garden Grocer last Dec. and was very pleased. :thumbsup: They have a great selection and the prices were reasonable. Before I placed my order I called customer service to ask a few questions and they were very helpful. My suggestion would be to order early to ensure you get the delivery date and time you wish. Depending on the time of year they can fill up quickly.

threeh
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks!! I kept googling green grocer and couldn't find much for resort delivery!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
lol! Yes "Green" Grocer searches wont get you far lol!

wendy*darling
12-17-2008, 11:16 AM
You asked which service delivers to the ROOM.
That would only be DVC's service, I believe. The shopping lists are on the DVC website. Choose the one for the resort where you are staying.
DVC will even put cold items in the fridge. You do not have to be there to have them deliver.

All the others deliver to Bell Services. If you are out, Bell Services will keep the cold foods cold for you. You just have to call them after you get back to the resort.

dolphinmickey9170
12-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Tracy, Garden Grocer used to be an Intercot Sponsor. So you were right.

We really love using their service. The delivery is taken to bell services and when you are ready for delivery to your room, just give BS a call and they will bring your things right to you. As previously stated, they will keep your cold items in the refrigerator, however, if you have ordered bananas, you must ask for them not to be placed in the refigerator, as they spoiled very quickly when this happened to us last August.

The minimum delivery is only $40, I believe and the fee is only $12, so you actually spend less than if you were to get a cab to and from the store.

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-17-2008, 02:50 PM
You asked which service delivers to the ROOM.
That would only be DVC's service, I believe. The shopping lists are on the DVC website. Choose the one for the resort where you are staying.
DVC will even put cold items in the fridge. You do not have to be there to have them deliver.

All the others deliver to Bell Services. If you are out, Bell Services will keep the cold foods cold for you. You just have to call them after you get back to the resort.

Unless things have changed since June that is not entirely correct.
We have used another shopping service several times (not sure if I can mention their name) and they delivered directly to our room.
They bought exactly what we ordered and charged what we feel was a very reasonable fee.
If we EVER fly to WDW again, we will definitely use them again.

Mackflava99
12-17-2008, 02:54 PM
We used We Go Shop and they delivered it directly to our room and helped us put it all away- they were terrific-
I like them better than GG ( who isnt bad at all either)

wendy*darling
12-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
It's been a while since I used the DVC service, and about 18 months since I used an outside service.
In June 2007, the outside service could only deliver to our room if we were in it at the time. Otherwise it had to go to Bell Services.

DVC was able to deliver to our room (and fridge) whether we were there or not.

Good to know there are more options. :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
It's been a while since I used the DVC service, and about 18 months since I used an outside service.
In June 2007, the outside service could only deliver to our room if we were in it at the time. Otherwise it had to go to Bell Services.

DVC was able to deliver to our room (and fridge) whether we were there or not.

Good to know there are more options. :thumbsup:

I guess I should clarify...we did have to be there in order for the groceries to be delivered.

PrincessASquared
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
We used Garden Grocer for our trip in October. Great service, good selection and prices... no complaints here! You'll be pleased if you go with them!

:ditto:
Used them for our trip earlier this month.

Momof2boys
12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
We've used Garden Grocer for the last 3 years. It's been great. You pick a delivery time and they'll call you when they're close to arriving. They carry everything into the room, and you double check the items against your order list. This past trip they were out of the larger cases of water so delivered a small case on our arrival day and delivered a full case to the Bellpost the next day - we had a message on our voicemail stating to pick it up.

I'd highly recommend them.

threeh
12-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks all!! I ordered online last night. I even just got my DME stuff yesterday. I'm soo happy for our trip!!!:mickey: