PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't get into POFQ, tell me about Riverside.

asrai555
12-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I just booked for the last week of April on the special deal. I really wanted POFQ but it wasn't availlable. My two mod choices were POR or CBR, I choose POR.

Tell me more about it. Which rooms do you like in the Mansion section (I think I prefer that over the bayou). I have two small kids, 6 and 4 and I am traveling alone. I don't want to have to walk a gazillion miles to the bus stop or the food area.

What about the pool area? Other fun activities I shouldn't miss. Waddya think the likely hood of me getting into the POFQ is....I know I should try something else I could love it more but I just soo fell in love with the FQ :secret: I am working with Denise at Magical Journeys who said she will keep checking on the availability for me. I know if it comes up she will let me know.

Funforall
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I can't help you with specifics but, Riverside is a great resort. The theming is beautiful. I went down with two small children as well and had no problem with walking.

jtgatorfan
12-16-2008, 11:12 PM
We are HUGE fans of POR and consider it our "base" resort, so to speak. It's a much more relaxed resort yet offers more than POFQ and I believe it's better themed than its sister resort.

If I were you I would DEFINITELY request a room in Alligator Bayou. The mansions are pretty much dressed-up motels with rows upons rows of guest rooms. But the rooms in Alligator Bayou are very well themed and offer a quieter atmosphere as there are few rooms in each pod.

Since you don't want to walk too far, I'd request buildings 14 or 15 so that way you'd be close to the food court and main bus stop.

There are a ton of activities at POR that you'll enjoy like fishing, swimming, etc. The pool may not have "the slide" like at POFQ, but it has it's own slide and features that keep my kids swimming for hours and hours.

Trust me, you're going to love POR. Sounds like you want to be talked out of staying there, but you and your family will love it.

illini
12-17-2008, 01:16 AM
POR is a beautiful resort and I think you'll be very pleased. I was hesitant about the bayou section at first (I'm not a rustic kind of girl) but ended up LOVING it. Didn't go into the mansions rooms, but the bayou part of POR is much prettier, IMO. Feels more secluded... the landscaping is fantastic. Rooms are fun and the kids will like it. Plus you'd have an extra little "Tinkerbell" bed if you stay in the bayou. Since you only have 3, they won't guarantee which section but please don't worry about the bayou side.

My *only* beef with POR is the busses. But that's been quite some time now and hopefully things have improved. There's just a whole lot to do there. Oh, and the food court is pretty good, too!