PDA

View Full Version : 60+min wait ?

dteed
12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
What rides or attractions would you see a 60 minute wait time and still enter the line?

Marceline
12-16-2008, 09:12 PM
We did this for Toy Story Mania last week....it was sittin' not so pretty at 70 minutes and we braved it anyhow. We just had to check it out since it was new. Anything else....no-way. I don't do long waits, that's why I go in the off-season. :)

PetefromRI
12-16-2008, 09:15 PM
That's usually when we turn around and go swimming back at the resort.We won't stay in line that long.That's why we are kinda picky about what time of year we visit.I really feel for the people who have to go over school vacations.

Tinkerbelly84
12-16-2008, 09:20 PM
If a ride had a wait that long I would find another one with a shorter line. That's one reason I never go to Disney during peak season times.

tigger_ttfn
12-16-2008, 09:44 PM
I usually go during peak times and I still don't enter a line that is 60 minutes. :ack:

We go early, use Fast Pass, and circle around to find ANYTHING with a shorter line (including shows or food). ;)

Funforall
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
We've been so many times that we won't hesitate to pass by a long line. I guess if it was a new attraction or something special... Generally we wait on fastpass or go to something else.

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
We wont wait 60 minutes for a ride, most of the time we wont wait 45 minutes. The only one that we really waited a long time for was RnRC but that was because DBF was insistant that I was riding it! The first year we went it was shut down for refurb. And this past January the wait line was never shorter than 45 minutes and so finally we toughed it anyway and he decided oh well, we have to do it now while we still can! lol. :thumbsup: I am disappointed because DBF made it very clear that he will not be waiting in line for the Fairies if it is longer than 30 minutes! :( :sob::cry:

CaptSmee
12-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I would never wait that long...20 minutes is tops, otherwise it's fastpass city!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-17-2008, 01:17 AM
None. I never wait that long. I considered it for TSM since I hadn't ridden it since opening preview for CM.....then I was like...nah and left.

illini
12-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Nothing. Not only would it make *me* bonkers, but with 3 kids? No way.

SurferStitch
12-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Nothing. We don't wait in lines longer than 20-30 minutes.

And, as much as I want to see Tink and friends, I also won't wait in a line longer than 30 minutes. We waited an hour to see Jack Sparrow at the P&PP in May, and it really wasn't worth the wait. We got great pics, but I wouldn't do it again. We had already invested 30 minutes, and I was ready to walk, but DH said that we might as well keep waiting another 30 and not throw the first 30 away for nothing.

BMan62
12-17-2008, 08:22 AM
None. The longest line we have waited in has been around 45 minutes (listed.) That was for Soarin' the last time we were down (Sept. '08.)

The time listed for TSM was 40 minutes when we got in line. We passed it by at 50 minutes and higher.

There is so much to do at WDW that, unless you REALLY enjoy standing in queues, you should never have long waits for anything. Yes, I know, the reality is much different than the dream, specially during the peak and holiday seasons, but it shouldn't be.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-17-2008, 08:32 AM
After my sister made us wait 2 1/2 hours to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience in 2005, we vowed never to stand in line more than 45 minutes...if its a must do we can always Fastpass

DDuck66
12-17-2008, 09:33 AM
None!!! I do not have that much patience. The most I have waited was about 45 minutes for TSM on the opening weekend of Passholder Preview. I find that with good planning and fastpasses, you can find away around those huge crowds and long lines.

Stich8818
12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
The longest line I have ever done was Soarin in 05. If I cannot FP it can wait...the second longest was Kilamanjao Safaris the only reason that happend was it was too late in the day for FP.

Ian
12-17-2008, 10:32 AM
What rides or attractions would you see a 60 minute wait time and still enter the line?Not a single, solitary one.

We go frequently enough that there is no ride I'll wait that long for anymore. There's always next time.

My max wait time is like 30 minutes tops.

SBETigg
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I've waited for newer attractions. I can't leave without trying the new things. I don't get there as often as I would like so there are some things that I am willing to wait for if it comes to it. It usually doesn't come down to that because we use Fastpass or hit the big things first thing in the morning or during parades. But I have waited for Soarin'. I would wait for Toy Story Mania. I haven't waited in lines that long very often, though. There's too much else to see and do. For brand new popular attractions, it's worth the wait for me. For the tried and true, not so much.

TheRustyScupper
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
1) I categorically refuse to wait 60-minutes for a WDW ride.
2) There are few things in the world worth a 60-min wait.
3) I would knowingly wait one hour for:
. . . labor for the birth of another grandchild
. . . my wife, when she says to
. . . a recital of the kids or grandkids

AdventurerKim
12-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I would wait in that line for Toy Story Mania only. That is the coolest ride ever! We waited for over an hour in DL for the Nemo submarine ride which was great! Nemo was the first ride we did that day too because we knew the line would be super long.

WeLuvBuzz
12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately when we go with the whole family we can only go at spring break or Christmas, so lines are inevitable. We also only visit parks every other day of the trip and hop, so some parks we only visit at the end of the day. There are certain rides I will wait for:TSM, EE, RNRC, TOT, Soaring, Space, & Splash for instance. We do always try an have a fastpass going while we are waiting so I can console myself with the fact that I am waiting in two lines instead of one. Such is the life of a Disney World visitor the week between Christmas and New Years.

disneycutie165
12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
We never wait in lines longer than 45 minutes. We went in August, during Tropical Storm Fay, and we wanted to ride Toy Story Mania. But the wait was, get ready, 130 minutes! Thats 2 hrs. and 10 min. OMG, we were not going to wait in that line.

Polynesian Dweller
12-17-2008, 04:53 PM
I've waited for newer attractions. I can't leave without trying the new things.
Same with us. We waited for Soarn' when it opened and 70min for Toy Story Midway Mania. But after that, we will not wait longer than 45min but usually FP the ride and come back if its that long.

CanadianWDWFan
12-17-2008, 05:16 PM
None, This is time that I can use go do something else. When all else fails FP is the way to go.

dmosher
12-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Honestly.. none. There is never enough time to relax and really enjoy WDW if your busy standing in lines and running from attraction to attraction. I'd rather spend that time on a less populated one and come back at another time. We waited for a littlw hile for Toy Story Mania, but an hour? No way! On the days we couldn't get a fast pass for TSM, we skipped it.
:pipeS:
D

wdwfansince75
12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks to Fast Pass, its a rare event....but over the years, I have waited 60 minutes or longer for most of the major rides.....and several of the lesser attractions.....and would do it all again....If there were no fast passes, I would still do the MK mountains, Soaring, Test Track, EE, and KS.....and would absolutely do it for RnRC and TSMM.....and probably ToT....and if one of my grandkids asked, any ride at WDW.....

kemps@wdw
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
NONE!! :shake: There are simply too many other options to avoid such an unnecessary wait time. The only time we'ver ever waited over 30 min for anything was either a show (to get a front row seat), or AM park entry (to try to get Family of the Day). Now that was WELL worth the wait!!:thumbsup:

brownie
12-18-2008, 07:03 AM
I probably wouldn't but it would depend. We waited in line for 90 minutes for Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage when it opened at Disneyland. The wait was averaging about 4 hours when we were there, so we did pretty well. My mom really wanted to ride it, so 90 minutes was much better than 4 hours.

Mrs Bus Driver
12-18-2008, 08:27 AM
I think if you look over this thread most of us go often enough that we won't wait 60 minutes. Speaking for myself when the kids were younger (before fastpass) I can remember waiting 2 1/2 hours for Rocket Rods. Like I said it was before fastpass, DD had read all the hype and was dying to ride. So I waited for her, now that she is grown that will never happen again. 30 minutes or less, usually less. I did get her to wait for TM, sign said 50 but it was really 35. That time she did it for me. :mickey::mickey:

teambricker04
12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Never ever anything over 30min. We go at least twice a year so there is really no reason to wait for a long time to ride. Generally, if we can't get a FP, we won't ride a popular ride if it is over 30min. Luckily, our kids are young so they are easily ammused with rides that generally don't have long lines like the speedway.

WDWFRK
12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Not a single, solitary one.

We go frequently enough that there is no ride I'll wait that long for anymore. There's always next time.

My max wait time is like 30 minutes tops.

I'm with you there!

kristnjohn
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
30 minutes max, and that's sometimes dependent on our moods, although we seldom hesitate when we see a 20 minute wait. With that, we almost always seemingly wait around for an hour or so to get a good spot for Illuminations, and probably 45 minutes for a good parade spot depending on where we are in the parks. After doing the Fairies room a few weeks ago with DD5 and DS8, we would probably wait 60 minutes for that again. We were lucky to get in during the MVMCP with only a 15 minute wait, however the experience again would be worth the wait. Silvermist was very low-key, however Tink had a blast with my DD, and Fawn began immediately flirting and chasing my DS around the room, they had a great time.

EditReject
12-19-2008, 12:20 AM
When I was there this past August, I waited over 60 mins for Soarin' as I had never been on it and wanted to see what all the hype was about. That will probably be the 1st and only time I ever go on it again unless I can walk right on.

The other time was for TOT as it is my favorite and I actually enjoyed the outside queue with the old music and the eerie mist they pump out in the summer time.

Imagineer1981
12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
30 minutes would be absolute tops. I normally say 20 or its FP

Red Randal
12-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, I'm amazed by how many people say "never."

I would most certainly prefer to not have to wait longer than a half hour and if I were in a park alone there is almost no way I would put myself in a position to have to (ie. go during off season, get to the headliners early, simply refuse to get into ridiculously long lines :cough:Peter Pan:cough:.)

However, I will say that I'd make a few exceptions: Expedition Everest I waited an hour for when I first had a chance to ride it and waited about that long on a different trip as well. I don't mind that line very much as it is generally a really interesting queue. I feel the same way about Tower of Terror. I've waited 45-60 for Splash before and I don't think I ever will again. Also, as much as I love Soarin, I don't think I could last in that line.

Also, if/when I make it to Disneyland I will probably have to break that rule a number of times, especially for Indiana Jones and the submarines.

Finally, I may also break that rule for Toy Story Mania since I have not seen it yet and a number of you seem to think it's worth it.