PDA

View Full Version : Pop, VWL and Christmas fun

offwego
12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Arrival day At Pop Century
Cast DH 40 something planner of meals and parks
DS 13 year old thrill seeker who likes his food, often!
Me Offwego, fond of shoes and shopping and Disney

We flew out fairly early on Sunday via southwest. No major issues, but the line for DME was very long. However we did move through it efficiently and our bus was stopping at Pop first.
We checked in, our room was ready which was a nice surprise. We did go and drop off some stuff from the flight etc but with DME we really didn’t do much carryon.
We headed to Downtown Disney for the first of the shopping & we didn’t buy much at this point. We did however stop at Wolfgang Puck (marketplace) for a lunch. We had the roast beef pocket, the quesadilla, and the mac and cheese. All was very good. The new seating was nice & we found the service to be quick and straightforward.
Tummies momentarily full we headed off to Hollywood Studios, we grabbed a fast pass for TSM (which was for much later that night) did a Star tours, looked around, did a tower of terror and then we could (after some shopping and looking around) grab another fastpass for RNR.
We headed back to the hotel for a break (our TSM fastpass and RNR were for quite late in the evening), grabbed a mug, unpacked as our stuff had arrived quite promptly and then headed back to Hollywood Studios as it was almost time for the fast passes and would be EMH after that. We did dinner at the commissary, enjoyed TSM and RNR very much and did another stint on the TOT.
We also enjoyed the lights and other decorations, while we didn’t stay for the entire EMH we did feel we did what we wanted to for a first day. It was fun in any event no matter that the crowd levels were a tad higher then we had anticpated.

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a good start. :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Glad you managed to snag fast passes for TSM and get it 'out of the way' on the first day! Such an awesome ride!

ElenitaB
12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Busy first day!

mouseketeer mom
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
A wonderful first day at the Studios!

Mickey'sGirl
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Terrific first day Natalie! Did you LOVE TSM?:mickey:

offwego
12-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Terrific first day Natalie! Did you LOVE TSM?:mickey:

Yes we all did, we had done it in Oct as well. However in Oct. I beat Matt and despite 3 tries this trip was unable to repeat that result. At least he never scored into the next band of results!

Mickey'sGirl
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes we all did, we had done it in Oct as well. However in Oct. I beat Matt and despite 3 tries this trip was unable to repeat that result. At least he never scored into the next band of results!
We did it in DL, and can't wait to try it at WDW in August. We'll consider your October results to be the one's of record. :secret:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-17-2008, 09:06 AM
That's great...we are going to eat at Wolfgang Puck express and go to HS our arrival day too

DizNee143
12-17-2008, 09:43 AM
sounds like a great first day! you guys sure did manage to get alot done!! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Sounds like an awesome first day. I just loved TSM.

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Nice first day but I didn't see any mention of what shoes you might have been wearing?!

dolphinmickey9170
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
What a great beginning. It's funny, we still haven't made it to TSM. That is number one on my list of things to do on our next trip. Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

Off to read more.

CanadianWDWFan
12-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Great Start!

I have to agree with Faline, I was shocked at the fact you failed to mention what footwear was required!:D