PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Parks with Friends

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 11:27 AM
We have friends who will be in the world and who wish to spend our last 3 days in the parks together...that's great but here's my problem, her husband has a spinal problem and will be traveling with a GAC, I know she said they are normally put at the front of the line. I want to be able to actually ride with my friends but I wouldn't feel comfortable going to the front of the line with them...Any suggestions?:confused:

cfoshe
12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
If it is just a few people, dont worry about it. The only time that it bothers me is when it seems like a large group is taking advantage of the system by renting one of them to be able to go to the front of the line. Your husband has to use one, you and your friends deserve to ride together, then do not let it bother you. Go have some fun and enjoy the magic WDW is giving you.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks...actually my mother is going with me and she has been through three surgeries for breast cancer, treatment for a back condition and severe arthritis all in the past six months...she probably could benefit from being able to go to the front as well, but feels uncomfortable asking her doctor for a note to get this privilege....I just don't want anyone in my party subjected to nasty looks and comments because we are with them....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Technically, the slip is good for 6 people. After that, you need another slip or a FP. They should be holding true to that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 01:52 PM
There's three of us and three of them, so I guess we're good...Thanks

Red Randal
12-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah, don't worry about it. Anybody giving you a nasty look over that doesn't deserve the time of day.

I've been through a similar situation with my mother who has a lot of trouble walking or standing for any length of time. She feels horrible using the wheelchair and getting to the front of the lines. It especially bothers her because she can walk enough to get up and go to the bathroom, or get up from her table at a CS and get condiments, walk from the chair to a water fountain, etc. So she feels like people are giving her nasty looks because they think she's "faking."

So, yeah, I have no time for people who can't mind their own business about this sort of thing. It's DISNEY WORLD for cryin' outloud. Do what you have to do so your whole group can have a magical time and pay no attention to the ignorant people who can't do the same.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
My friend's Mom was in a wheel chair when we were there in Sept and you can't believe the comments we got, especially getting on the buses especially since she can walk but with difficulty. Ignore them. We used to get the same comments with my Mom who was in a wheelchair bt she too could walk short distances. Little do they know tht your friend would trade places and be willing to wait in lines for an opportunity to be able to walk with no problems!