PDA

View Full Version : Renting canes?

handmaidenofprincesses
12-16-2008, 11:19 AM
My aunt and I are leaving in 19 days! :cloud9:

She's a little concerned though. Her hip is on its way out, and although she doesn't think she'll need her cane for the first few days, she's worried she may need it by the end of the week. However she doesn't want to drag a cane all the way down to Florida and then not even use it, so we're wondering, can you rent a cane at WDW?

Thanks in advance!

JoDisney
12-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I do not know of cane rentals, but they have wheel chair and scooter rentals. I would think you would have to go to call a medical supply store in the Orlando area and see if they do cane rentals. I would think it would be easier to bring a cane from home. It would be so inconvenient for you to track down a medical supply store and go there and pick up a cane. I would call Disney directly and ask if they have canes. If they don't, just bring one from home.

peemagg
12-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Why don't you get her a fold-up cane? They only cost around $20 and are very compact.

ElenitaB
12-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Though it means schlepping an extra thing down with you, I would think it would be much easier to just bring her own cane. Should she need it, there would be no need to worry about where to get one and/or incur the extra expense. JMHO. :blush:

Marilyn Michetti
01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Sam's and Costco sell a fold up cane for $15.99 that's as small as a hair dryer - actually fits in a purse.
If your aunt has a hip problem, somewhere down the line she'll need it again. Why would you want to rent? I can't believe you could use one from a company for less than that.
Good luck:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks everyone. My aunt did end up buying a collapsible cane (with huge pink and purple flowers on it ;)) and she's packing it in her suitcase, just in case. Only 1 day more before takeoff!!! :mickey:

peemagg
01-07-2009, 11:42 PM
You all are going to laugh at this. I know I did.

My Mom decided that I needed one and got it for me for Christmas. It must have been the Christmas for assistive devices for not only did I get the cane but Santa got me a ECV too! Look out Disney here I come.