PDA

View Full Version : First DCL Trip -- Day 4 -- Castaway Cay -- NOT

Donald_Quackers
12-16-2008, 12:39 AM
December 9, 2008

I get up around 7:30 to some vibrations of the ship and see that we’re in the process of docking at Castaway Cay! I head up to BBB for some breakfast with a view, when the Captain announces that the docking was aborted due to currents and winds working against us. They try again at 9:15, but was thwarted again, so this became our day at sea in hopes of more favorable weather tomorrow. It was a beautiful day, I went to see Bolt in the Walt Disney theater (that they moved due to the sea day). After that, I go to Treasure Ketch and pick up a gift for my sister to be signed by Jim Shore (I was shocked to find he was on board). After having some lunch from Pluto’s Dog House, I sit and relax in the quiet cove area to some live music (they were good!)

I then go to the galley tour, which was very interesting, and then rested in my stateroom until the Jim Shore signing, which I couldn’t help but purchase another piece for myself and got it signed. I’m glad I’m going to Pop Century after this, cause I don’t know how I’d get them home afterward. I go back to my room again to rest, and then I saw Jeff Civilico in the Walt Disney theater.

Got my picture with Chip and Dale, Pirate Mickey, and Pirate Goofy (happened across him in shutters), and headed for Diversions, where I met my tablemates and played a round of Wii bowling before dinner. They helped me get a picture of me by the Ariel statue in the atrium before going in for the pirate dinner. Some good food later, and then I headed up to the party. Met Duck_Addict up on deck 10, and the party was a blast! Fireworks at sea were also very cool. I was pooped at this time, so I head to my room for a good night’s sleep and to prep for Castaway Cay.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 09:12 AM
The fireworks at sea sound cool

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Aww too bad you couldnt get to Castaway Cove this day! But sounds like you still had fun so that made up for it. Hopefully you made it the next day but I guess Ill find out. I will be moving on to day 5. Awesome you got to meet Jim Shore, I just found some really cute figurines designed by him. Tinkerbell and Mickey they are so cute! :cloud9::mickey::thumbsup:

DizNee143
12-16-2008, 11:06 AM
that stinks you guys werent able to go to castaway cay today..but sounds like you had a nice day at sea...that is so cool you got to meet jim shore and get his autograph..he does make some nice pieces..i owe two myself..so far..:mickey:

Donald_Quackers
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I bought two pieces. One was for my sister, and was Minnie kissing Mickey.

The other was for me, and it was Daisy and Donald, with Donald holding some Misteltoe.

I had both of them signed by him and shipped back home after I got to Pop Century.

mouseketeer mom
12-19-2008, 08:58 AM
On our Castaway Cay day, we almost didn't get to dock either, but finally at 10am, we could. We ended up with a very overcast day tho, but we were greatful to be on Castaway Cay. Hope you make it there tomorrow!

faline
12-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Hope the weather cooperates so you get in that day at Castaway Cay! Your rather relaxed day does sound wonderful, though!

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: