PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Quick Service- DDP?

hope23
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Our family of 4 is visiting the world and trying to figure out if the Quick Service DDP is right for us. We prefer informal, fast meals. DS 5 (big eater) & DS 3 (not big eater). Do you think the QS DDP is worth it or better to go out of pocket? Are the kid's meals smaller, or same as adult? Thanks!

JPL
12-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I have looked the plan and quite honestly I really don't see much value in it. It really doesn't save that much money since the average Quick Service Meal is about $9 for an adult without the Dessert. So when you figure it out you are basically getting a free dessert. The kids portions are much smaller than the adult portions and the selections are very limited usually Chicken Nuggets, Hot Dog, or Pizza. I would think the only thing it offers is the convenience of paying in advance and a very small savings overall.

PirateLover
12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree with JPL. We thought about the quick service plan, then we actually figured out what we spend at QS each day and we realized it would actually cost more money in the long run.

PetefromRI
12-15-2008, 07:59 PM
We're trying it in May.I do know that the CS meals on the DDP are an aweful lot of food and we've found some great CS restaurants(Flame Tree,Cosmic Rays,Cantina de San Angel and the Yorkshire Country Fish Shop to name a few).Plus with the 2 snacks a day and the Resort mugs,we feel that it's a good deal for us,not great,but good.

illini
12-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I did the math and for us, it's definitely not a deal. Plus, it's only a very slight discount from the regular DDP. For an extra $10/day/adult, I'd go for the real one over this one OR just pay OOP.