PDA

View Full Version : Auto Fulshing Bathrooms?

Jim&AngieMarriner
12-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey there Mouseketteers!!
My Step Daughter has a sensory intergration issue and will not use a bathroom if it has an auto flush device attached to it. If some one goes in with her we can cover it so it doesnt activate. Does Disney use these? Are there any bathrooms that dont have them? Thanks

tinklover
12-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes Disney uses these . the hotels however are still manual flush. My 5 yr old DD is afraid of the Auto flush as well and will always ask does this one have a light momma? We just make sure we go in with her and put our hand over it so it does not know she has moved or gotten up . Hope this helps you some. She is also startingto gain her modesty so we have found that we can put a paper seat cover over the light or some TP over the light and it will keep it form flushing as well. That way she can go alone.

mickey&missy
12-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I had read something about putting sticky notes over the sensors! The auto flush is soooo loud!! I know it scares little ones sometimes!

Good luck!!

Goofeygal
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
We just got back from disney and my little niece has the same issue. We did use the sticky notes to cover over the sensor and it worked great.

wdw_bound
12-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Our DD10 has a hypersensitive startle reflex (probably SID due to her stroke). When she was younger, she wouldn't go near a loud flushing toilet. We took an empty paper cup with us and placed it over the sensor - worked like a charm

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Stickers and Sticky Notes work well.

There are also some restrooms that don't have them such as all of the Baby Care stations but those can be a bit of a walk.

So I strongly recommend stickers...like Mickey ones or sticky notes. For stickers, be sure to fold back a corner so you can pull it off afterwards.

Jim&AngieMarriner
12-15-2008, 04:16 PM
thanks for the suport everyone, Its greatly appreciated.

BrerGnat
01-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I use Post It notes, the mini yellow ones, when we go to Disneyland with our DS 4. He has autism, and won't use the toilets that auto flush unless we use a "sticker". The small post its are the best, because you can keep a STACK of them in your pocket and they aren't noticeable, and then you can pull one out as needed. They are just the right size and much easier to remove than a real sticker.