PDA

View Full Version : What do you order at LeCellier?

Mickey 101
12-14-2008, 12:17 AM
We are going to LeCellier for the first time on our next trip. We are booked for dinner. I know this is a very popular location and was curious on what everyone likes to order when they eat there. Thanks in advance!

TinkerbellT421
12-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Me and DBF had a sirloin steak w/ the cheese/mushroom roisotto rice...I dont remember the exact name of it off the top of my head but OMG it was the best steak and rice I have ever had! lol...And the break sticks are soooooo yummmyyyyy :mickey:

AwPhooey
12-14-2008, 01:34 AM
I've been twice as a late lunch, and both times I've ordered the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and Grilled Petit Filet.

I don't think they have that exact Filet on the dinner menu, but the do have a 7 oz Filet which, from what I've heard, is quite similar.

dolphinmickey9170
12-14-2008, 03:01 PM
We order the Mushroon Filet with risotto, truffel, herb and butter sauce. However, we hate mushrooms and the truffel sauce is a little weird for our country palet, so we order the filet PLAIN with the cream cheese mashed potatoes! Delicious!! I'm hungry now. Thanks.:blush:

Ropachs
12-15-2008, 11:51 AM
We've also gotten the filet and loved it. Also, consider the maple creme brulee for dessert, YUM! :cloud9:

missnanse
12-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Definitely the filet with the mushroom risotto, you hsve never tasted anything so heavenly. The Cheddar Cheese soup is delish and the pretzel bread yummo..Their creme brulee is to die for...Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

mrmcgiv
12-16-2008, 03:00 PM
My husband and I just went last week and both got the NY strip...neither of us thought it was very good. Steak at Coral Reef was FAR better. I personally did not care for Le cellier. Our waitress was rather abrupt too..that did not help. My food was cold...

Not a great experience... I was no help, but I would not suggest the NY strip and the cheese soup was pretty good but VERY RICH> You could only eat a little.

pluto 77
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I always get the mushroom filet. It has always been very good. Last time we also tried the shrimp cocktail. It sounds really weird, but it was actually very good

BugeyedMuggy
12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Prince Edward Island Mussels!! Excellent.

:tasty:

TinkerbellT421
12-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I always get the mushroom filet. It has always been very good. Last time we also tried the shrimp cocktail. It sounds really weird, but it was actually very good

Shrimp cocktail sounds wierd? lol I guess its a NE thing, I love Shrimp Cocktail, cant find it in enough places! Good to know it is yummy there, will have to try that one on our trip! Thanks for bringing that up...Didnt see it on the menu when we were there maybe its new? MMM Shrimp...I love shrimp, you have now made me reallllllllyyyyy hungry lol and its 12:18 in the morning and I have to go to bed to go to work inthe morning, and all I can think about is Disney and Food. :eat:

Tinkerfreak
12-18-2008, 12:56 PM
We have always loved LeCellier and always received great food and service. This last trip in November the food was not as good. It seemed like the choices on the menu were fewer and the server was really not with it. My DD wanted her steak without any sauce on it and it came with it on it. We tried to scrape it off but it was so strong that the taste made her sick. She could not even eat anything after that. Our food took forever to come out and we had waited 30 minutes past our adr time. I know that any place can have an off night but we really felt the experience has gone downhill. I hope it was just a bad night because we have had some wonderful meals here.

Donald Duck Rules
12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Just had my B'Day dinner on Dec 13th there and had the NY Strip...huge 14OZer that was tender and cooked to the proper tempature. Had some nice potatoes with it.....get the SMORES desert...yummy

DisneyGlutton
12-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Le Cellier is not to be missed for us, which is why I was so bummed that we couldn't get an ADR for our trip last week.

We usually start with the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup or the Duck Two-Ways (gosh, I crave the duck all the time). For my entree, I get the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon (though when I got it, it came with nice mashed potatoes, not mushroom risotto...hopefully I can substitute); it may not look as appealing as you'd like, but its not to be missed. For desert, I get Maple Creme Brulee, which is good, though dessert is my least favorite part of the meal...I prefer another soup if I can, which I can't on the DDP, alas.

AdventurerKim
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
We go to Le Cellier on almost every trip to WDW! I get the Cheddar soup which is awesome! I got the scallops in Nov. which were great! The maple creme brule is delicious! My DH always gets a steak which he always enjoys or a surf and turf special if they have one, which there hasn't been one in a while. Maybe in June...:mickey:

iheartdisney
12-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I always get the cheddar cheese soup and the filet and I've never been disappointed with the quality of the food........now service? That's been hit or miss.

laward32
12-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I love the herb crusted prime rib. The girls love the chocolate moose for dessert.
Thinking about it is making me hungry. Wish I was there right now.:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
12-26-2008, 11:09 AM
We tried the Cheddar Cheese soup and it was good but a bit too salty for me.. the Duck Two Ways as awesome! I had the filet mignon, which is one of my favorites, so that made me happy, and the creme brulee was perfect. Have a good time!

Cheloconnell
12-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Definitely the filet and mashed potatoes. They do substitute the rice which is a must since the potatoes are to die for. This is the best meal that we have had anywhere on property. We would do it for both lunch and dinner if we could get the ressies for both. We also ask the waitress to bring us pretzel bread only. For dessert the chocolate mousse cannot be beat. Yummy :thumbsup:

KatMark
12-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Pay out of pocket for the Cheddar Cheese Soup--and I get a bowl (not a cup); the filet with a substitution of the cream cheese mashed potatos and the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake for dessert. DH usually orders the same or the New York Strip and he usually gets the Chocolate Moose.

dmosher
12-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Wow this is easy... I tend to get the same thing every time and start salivating just thinking about it.. (drip drip) yep there I go again.
Starter:
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup: Which is Canadian Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese, Smoked Bacon and Moosehead Beer

Main:
7 oz. Filet Mignon which is Topped with arugula butter and served with Roasted garlic herb mashed potatoes

Desert:
Sadly for desert we had a specially made item, as it was our anniversary (and usually is when we go) but everything (especially the Classic Crème Brulee) looks amazing.

MMMMMM... Just call me Pavlov...
:pipes:
D

Mommy2boys
12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I really enjoyed the mushroom filet but wasnt keen on the rissoto. Next time I will substitute it for the mashed potatoes.

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I had lunch there a couple of years ago and I don't know what it was called but it was strips of steak over udon noodles and it was one of the most delicious things I ever ate in my life :tasty:

Gator
12-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Whatever you do, DON"T order the coffee-rubbed KC steak. My waitress said that she'd never heard a complaint about it, so I tried it (I like to try new things). It wasn't that good at all. And as I was walking out, I passed a table where some guy had the same thing and he said "This isn't very good." I like steak, and I love Le Cellier, but that steak was bad. Plus I was buzzed from the ground coffee all night.

Bethanymouse
12-31-2008, 02:04 AM
I always order the same thing:
Cheddar Cheese soup
Mushroom risotto fillet mignon
Whiskey chocolate cake

It just doesnt get much better than that my friend....my all time favorite meal, from soup to nuts.....:secret:

Simba's Mom
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Did you know that you can get an "Entree size" bowl of cheddar cheese soup? I only ate there once, and I told the server that was all I wanted. While others in the group had cheddar cheese soup as an appetizer, my bowl was at least twice as big, and it went very well with the pretzel bread.