PDA

View Full Version : Jan. crowds?

BiloxiMom
12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
We've got great reservations for the end of Jan.:party: How much do you think the current 4/3 special is going to impact the crowd levels at that time? DH is very worried that it's going to be crowded and he hates crowds. And as much as I love WDW, if he's complaining, it's not much fun for the rest of us. What do you think? We'll be there from 1/24-1/31.

Disnamic Duo
12-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I hate crowds and long lines too. We've gone a couple times the last week of January and it's been GREAT! Low crowds, short lines and fantastic weather. You've chosen a great time to go. I don't think the specials will change that. There've been specials the years we've gone in Jan too. They have those specials because of the low crowds. You should be good to go...

PixiePrincess
12-12-2008, 07:53 PM
We always go in January, and it's so nice! We are worried about this upcoming trip though for the same reason! We had trouble even getting a hotel, and we've never run into that problem! Hopefully it will be just as nice as it normally is during that time of the year!

Strmchsr
12-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I know that the special has been very popular and the rooms with the special rate availability were snatched up pretty quickly, but I still don't think it'll mean huge crowds. There's not a "slow" uncrowded time anymore, but if you have a plan and use fastpass it's not bad at all.

Hair_Razor
12-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I know that the special has been very popular and the rooms with the special rate availability were snatched up pretty quickly, but I still don't think it'll mean huge crowds. There's not a "slow" uncrowded time anymore, but if you have a plan and use fastpass it's not bad at all.

I don't know when we went in Sept-Oct. for the food and wine festival it was QUIET!! We walked on almost every ride at MK. I am hoping we get the same thing when we go this January. We will be there during the Marathon so I hope that will not make it too crazy. Fingers crossed.

mouseketeer mom
12-13-2008, 08:57 AM
We've gone the end of January into February and were surprised how many people were in the parks. I had this idea that it would be "slow", and we didn't find it at all. As someone else said, I just don't know that there are any real slow times in WDW anymore. We've travelled to WDW many different times of the year, and besides Thanksgiving time, which was very, very packed, all of the other times have had consistent crowds, and we have had to use fastpass and plan accordingly.

stitchaholic
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
we just booked for the end of january,i was surprised that the dates were being taken so quickly,however when i reserved by phone,the CM told me that there were only a certain amount of room per resort given up for the special price,so i am hoping that the crowds won't be too crazy.
we were there last year during the marathon,the lines for the rides were not too bad,but the busses ad resort food courts were quite crowded.

Recusit8m
12-14-2008, 08:11 PM
We (family and I) are going to be in "the World" Jan 4-11 and we had picked that time frame due to what we had read in numerous guidebooks and from experienced visitors. Originally we had picked the 5-9 but with the advent of the 4/3 deal we could be a bit flexible so we changed our dates for the same price. I had goofed around a bit on the disney site and found that there were still rooms avail for our original dates...Who knows, We hate huge crowds as well...We are hoping for the best...PS we were still able to make ADR for Ohanna and LeCelier...Good luck and have fun...Jay

Disney Doll
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
We'll be there the last week of Jan as well! We usually go in Feb, but decided to do Jan instead since I found a good deal on airfare for that week. Usually early February is not bad at all so I'm hoping for similar crowds levels in Jan. I also agree though that there isn't really a slow time any more. Disney works very hard to ensure that. I'm not too worried, but I have wondered how the 4/3 deal might make a difference.

jonah'smom
12-15-2008, 03:31 PM
We will be there Jan 4-11 also. I'm hoping that the crowds will be very manageable at least. :fingers:

stitchaholic
12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
do most intercot members wear something to identify the fact that they are an intercot member? it would be fun to see some people from on here to say hi!

Strmchsr
12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
do most intercot members wear something to identify the fact that they are an intercot member? it would be fun to see some people from on here to say hi!

Not always, but you can get Intercot shirts and hats. They are great to wear around the parks for that very reason.